Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 781 of 937 FirstFirst ... 281681731771779780781782783791831881 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,715 of 14046
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I really didn't know where we would fall but I knew we wouldn't be 10-13. We are that bad.
    We still have a whole off season though. We have a draft, free agency, lots of potential trades.

This team could look massively different in a few months.

The entire mba landscape will look massively different in a few months. Let alone a full year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Who cares about 10-13? The point is if they are out of the top-5, they are likely drafting a Ball level prospect or worse depending on where they land and teams are unlikely to trade with them.

I never said the Knicks were good. I just know that the only way to guarantee a top-5 pick is for them to literally be the worst team in the league.
    Another poster brought up the 10-13 range and you responded to my response to them lol.

Again this boils down to LaMelo VS what we do with the 8th pick this year and the player we could get next year by trading up the Dallas pick.

Another poster brought up the 10-13 range and you responded to my response to them lol.

Again this boils down to LaMelo VS what we do with the 8th pick this year and the player we could get next year by trading up the Dallas pick.
    The 8th pick and trading up are just two inferior talents any way you want to slice it. Quantity doesnít matter in this league.

You answered the question, itís not a loss. Would you really be like I lost $10 in that situation or be happy that you got the $100 back? Címon man...
    You are acting like we are trading the 8 pick for the first pick. We both know there are more variables involved here. What we do now can have a direct impact to what we do next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    We still have a whole off season though. We have a draft, free agency, lots of potential trades.

This team could look massively different in a few months.

The entire mba landscape will look massively different in a few months. Let alone a full year from now.
    Do you really think we won't be in the lottery next year though?

You are acting like we are trading the 8 pick for the first pick. We both know there are more variables involved here. What we do now can have a direct impact to what we do next year.
    The variables are the assets used, 8 vs.1 or 2.

They wouldnít be losing the 8th pick. They would be improving the position on it. Even if it were moving from 8 to 7, itís still an improvement and not a loss.

I donít know you, but you must be smarter than that. I almost think that youíre just messing with us now.

The 8th pick and trading up are just two inferior talents any way you want to slice it. Quantity doesnít matter in this league.
    You don't know they will be inferior.

And we go back again to how good will Ball be?

I think he's a good prospect but I'm not convinced he's the next Doncic.

The fact is unless Knicks get legit talent they're going to be same position for long long time they're not on trajectory going upwards unless they take gamble.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

He doesnít have to be, to make it worth it. If heís a starting caliber 6í8 playmaking PG, we won

Do you really think we won't be in the lottery next year though?
    Depends what happens, 2 1st round picks, a good free agency, a trade here and there, a few injuries to some other teams and who knows.

Your expecting a lot of things to happen in a pretty specific manner in order for a player we want and need to be available to us In next years draft.

The nba world just doesnt work in that way.

If you dont like ball I'm fine with that, but not trading for him because you like next years draft is a huge stretch.

There is so much that can happen that can take us out of the running for whatever players your interested in next years draft. A lot happens in 1 year of the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Depends what happens, 2 1st round picks, a good free agency, a trade here and there, a few injuries to some other teams and who knows.

Your expecting a lot of things to happen in a pretty specific manner in order for a player we want and need to be available to us In next years draft.

The nba world just doesnt work in that way.

If you dont like ball I'm fine with that, but not trading for him because you like next years draft is a huge stretch.

There is so much that can happen that can take us out of the running for whatever players your interested in next years draft. A lot happens in 1 year of the nba.
    i agree there.

Once again, just because I'm not convinced Ball is a superstar does mean I do not like him.

There are varying degrees to this.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    The fact is unless Knicks get legit talent they're going to be same position for long long time they're not on trajectory going upwards unless they take gamble.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I think what I am suggesting the Knicks do is also a bit of a gamble.

The NBA is dominated by small forwards because they can do it all. Point guards are inherently limited by their height/weight. You never trade up for a point guard unless you think he is the next Curry/CP3.

Historically those picks are inferior. They are inferior prospects as well just based on the fact that they are available later.