Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 810 of 937 FirstFirst ... 310710760800808809810811812820860910 ... LastLast
Results 12,136 to 12,150 of 14046
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    FVV and Harris are both fine as third options. Does Wiggins move without the ball and hit threes the way Harris does? Harris can also get to/finish at the rim and heís not a liability on D. Again Iím guessing most teams in the league would prefer Joe Harris over Wiggins.
    Ok. Thatís highly debatable. Wiggins hasnít been a 3rd option much. Only time he was, was when Butler was there, and they were good. So letís see how he fits there first. Thereís value in him being able to carry the offense for a stretch allowing Steph and Klay to rest. Harris and FVV canít

I donít even want to bother with this, as I donít really like him anyway. And hope we donít take him

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Ok. Thatís highly debatable. Wiggins hasnít been a 3rd option much. Only time he was, was when Butler was there, and they were good. So letís see how he fits there first. Thereís value in him being able to carry the offense for a stretch allowing Steph and Klay to rest. Harris and FVV canít

I donít even want to bother with this, as I donít really like him anyway. And hope we donít take him
    Well I said I was guessing lol. I realize itís debatable.

FVV: 17.6 ppg, 6.6 assists, 39% from three on 7 attempts a game, 2 steals per game.

Wiggins: 19.4 ppg, 3.4 assists, 34% from three on 5 attempts per game...

Iím not seeing this ďoffense carrierĒ that Wiggins is and VanVleet isnít, if anything FVV looks like the better player and heís a gritty winner who can play both guard positions.

Well I said I was guessing lol. I realize itís debatable.

FVV: 17.6 ppg, 6.6 assists, 39% from three on 7 attempts a game, 2 steals per game.

Wiggins: 19.4 ppg, 3.4 assists, 34% from three on 5 attempts per game...

Iím not seeing this ďoffense carrierĒ that Wiggins is and VanVleet isnít, if anything FVV looks like the better player and heís a gritty winner who can play both guard positions.
    Apples and oranges. Completely different players. FVV is a guy who plays off the rest of the team. Wiggins has been, and can be a 20 a game guy or better. And has been more of a primary guy

People here are fighting about what FVV is worth. Regardless of how you feel about Wiggins, you think he wouldnít get 15-20M easily? And you need different type players too. A whole team of guts that only shoot 3s isnít the way to do it. Thatís mostly all FVV does
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 10-24-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Kira lewis and maxey are growing up on me

Apples and oranges. Completely different players. FVV is a guy who plays off the rest of the team. Wiggins has been, and can be a 20 a game guy or better. And has been more of a primary guy

People here are fighting about what FVV is worth. Regardless of how you feel about Wiggins, you think he wouldnít get 15-20M easily? And you need different type players too. A whole team of guts that only shoot 3s isnít the way to do it. Thatís mostly all FVV does
    Again I havenít seen enough of him to really give an educated answer here. But guys who put up big numbers on bad teams who never win donít usually impress me. If Iím paying 15-20 mil for a player I want them to actually help me win. Again Iíll refer to Randle here since I have seen way too much of him, putting up points doesnít automatically equal good player to me.

Hereís my question: if they keep Wiggins can they go out and sign a guy to a 20+ mil contract if they want or do they not have space for that?
    I donít think there is anything that says that they canít trade Wiggins and use the exemption to absorb a contract like George.

I believe if they trade Wiggins it would use the 2nd pick to get back a star like George. They can absorb a bigger contract than Wiggins due to the 17+ mil exemption.

Thatís the reasoning for trading the 2nd pick and Wiggins in attempt to get back another star caliber player and they can absorb that big contract.

But I doubt they trade Wiggins unless itís for someone better.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 10-24-2020 at 04:44 PM.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    I donít think there is anything that says that canít trade Wiggins and use the exemption to absorb a contract like George.

I believe if they trade Wiggins it would use the 2nd pick to get back a star like George. They can absorb a bigger contract than Wiggins due to the 17+ mil exemption.

Thatís the reasoning for trading the 2nd pick and Wiggins in attempt to get back another star caliber player and they can absorb that big contract.

But I doubt they trade Wiggins unless itís for someone better.
    As far as I understand it, itís like a free 17M. But for any big trade like that, Wiggins would have to be in the deal, most likely. Otherwise how are they getting Wiggins money off the books, and then having assets and salary to match up?

As far as I understand it, itís like a free 17M. But for any big trade like that, Wiggins would have to be in the deal, most likely
    It is, thatís why Wiggins and the 2nd pick can be a start of a 3rd star hunt for them.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

It is, thatís why Wiggins and the 2nd pick can be a start of a 3rd star hunt for them.
    Exactly what Iím saying too. If that isnít happening, and they just dump him, they are out a player, and a way to make that deal

Exactly what Iím saying too. If that isnít happening, and they just dump him, they are out a player, and a way to make that deal
    Wiggins salary + 17.2 mil exemption is the equivalent of having some 40+ Mil to play with to make some type of big trade.

Wiggins salary + 17.2 mil exemption is the equivalent of having some 40+ Mil to play with to make some type of big trade.
    Yes. But not if they move him in a salary dump, like some are proposing we would do

Knicks get the 2nd pick and Wiggins. The can select Wiseman or Ball if they go with Wiseman they can trade their 26th and 38th pick to move up and get PG Kira Lewis or Maxey.

Wiggins is the right move on several fronts either as a go to wing or using his contract and Randles and Mitchell Robinson for a bigger trade with the Bucks for Giannis The Greek Freak near the trade deadline in February is Giannis doesn't choose to sign his extention to come play in a bigger market.

I donít know what their exact cap situation is but the idea here (and why I donít think this is as unrealistic as some are suggesting) is Golden State IS a free agent destination, meaning if they have available cap, itís easy for them to sign whoever they want. Weíre one of the only teams I believe who can absorb that contract and send almost no salary back, at which point they could try to sign FVV, or Joe Harris etc. At 8 either Okongwu or Toppin is likely there, so they can get their center and then sign some other 3 point shooting motion wing to try to take down the Lakers this season. It makes sense to me. Also with us at 2 and them at 8 I suddenly feel like I can easily see how the top 9 plays out in this draft:

Minn: Edwards
    NY: Ball
    Cha: Wiseman
    Chi: Okoro
    Cle: Deni
    Atl: Haliburton
    Det: Hayes
    GS: Okongwu
    Wash: Toppin

Something like that looks very reasonable to me.
    Even without Wiggins they donít have cap room. They have a 17+ million dollar trade exception they can use to pick up someone. The real issue is if they wanna stay under the tax they need to get rid of Wiggins and use the trade exception on someone to replace Wiggins. If thatís the case they could do that for sure. Weíd have to take Wiggins and give maybe Frank or dsj back but thatís worth it. Iíll believe it when I see it, I think the warriors wanna win and value Wiggins a little. Heís a good #3 imo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

They wonít trade Wiggins unless they are getting back a major contributor, if who they get back canít do better than what Wiggins can provide they wonít move him.

The money doesnít mean much they are still playing with a 17+ mil exemption from the Iggy trade, they are trying to use it to absorb a contract as a dump also or part of a bigger deal.
    It depends on if they wanna pay the tax again or not. Thatís it. Thatís the only reason they move Wiggins. If they are ok paying the tax they wonít move him. They could move 2 but would need something big like Mitch with 8. Maybe even more
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    They could literally draft vassell or Okoro at 8 and he'd produce more than Wiggins im not sure your getting the point like usual lol
    Absolutely foolish as always. A rookie isnít coming in and doing what Wiggins can do offensively. Nonsense. Wiggins has flaws but is a legit 20 ppg guy. Stop it
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331