Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 749 of 937 FirstFirst ... 249649699739747748749750751759799849 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,235 of 14046
    I like Okoro but we need a few shooters in our starting lineup badly. You cannot have RJ, Okoro, and Frank on the floor at the same time Big Mitch would suffer tremendously.

In my opinion these 3 help right away on both sides of the ball:
    1. Vassell SG/SF can shoot the 3, creates his own offense and gets his hands in on many ball deflections and steals

2. Haliburton SG/PG not as crafty as Vassell but shoots it well and has great instincts on offense as a facilitator and on defense gets allot of steals as well and a high basketball IQ.

3. Deni SF a Swiss Army type of player but he may not be there at 8 if Knicks stand pat but he plays with great euro passion, can shoot, get to the foul line allot, but must improve his lateral quickness for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Why are we assuming anyone we pick at 8 is starting? How often do 19 year old #8 picks start?

Were not talking about a top 3 pick here - whoever we draft is likely coming off the bench next season.
    Usually a number 8 pick on any rebuilding team is a starter when the average player on the Knicks is like 21. If Walt Perrin felt like a player is not ready to start in the NBA at #8 he shouldn't be on the Knicks radar.... Deni, Ball, Obi, Vassell, Cole, Kira, Haliburton, Nesmith, Okoro are all players that could be in the #8 range and they are all NBA starters on a young Knicks team. Who else do the Knicks have that you would start over any of those guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Usually a number 8 pick on any rebuilding team is a starter when the average player on the Knicks is like 21. If Walt Perrin felt like a player is not ready to start in the NBA at #8 he shouldn't be on the Knicks radar.... Deni, Ball, Obi, Vassell, Cole, Kira, Haliburton, Nesmith, Okoro are all players that could be in the #8 range and they are all NBA starters on a young Knicks team. Who else do the Knicks have that you would start over any of those guys?
    All depends where we are at when the season starts. As of now, you assume Mitch will get every opportunity to start. If Randle is still here, hes starting, and RJ. So that really leaves 2 possible spots, 1, and 2/3. If Payton is kept, Im sure he would be the default starter until a kid shows Thibs hes ready. And Id bet we will get a few guys in FA too. So theres no guarantee our pick is starting

And theres no chance Ball or Deni are there at 8. And Cole, Kira, Nesmith are projected later than 8. Cole and Kira are being thought of as later first-rounders.

I see zero reasons for Okoro to be the pick. That completely ignores the knowledge we need spacing. And guarantees we have at least 3 non-shooters around RJ, who we are hoping becomes one
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 10-11-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Hayes/Poku is an A+ for me alone lol I just wanna be competitive Im tired of losing every game lol
    Then those picks shouldn't be an A+ for you. Hayes and Poku are actually the 2 players in this draft with great potential but are NOT NBA ready yet. They are both long term projects and the Knicks just don't need any projects. Hayes looks soft and undeveloped at this point... as many good PG's as it is in the NBA right now, Hayes would get his lunch eaten every night and who knows what that would do to his confidence.

Poku is skilled but has a body like Bol Bol in Denver and we all saw he got man handled in his short time on the floor this season.

A+ should be a guard or wing that can be added to the Knicks already super young and developing team but has the physical and mental makeup to keep up.

I'd take a chance on Poku at #27 tho for sure.

A real A+ draft would be Deni #8 and Poku at #27, Cassius Winston at #38

DSJ / Cassius / Harper
    RJ / Frank / Dotson(resign him)
    Deni / Iggy
    Julius / Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / Poku / Taj

That's and A+ roster coming out of the draft. Then sign a bench vet or keep Portis to fill out the roster. Out of all the FA signings we made 2019 summer, Randle and Portis are the only one's worth keeping around.

Then those picks shouldn't be an A+ for you. Hayes and Poku are actually the 2 players in this draft with great potential but are NOT NBA ready yet. They are both long term projects and the Knicks just don't need any projects. Hayes looks soft and undeveloped at this point... as many good PG's as it is in the NBA right now, Hayes would get his lunch eaten every night and who knows what that would do to his confidence.

Poku is skilled but has a body like Bol Bol in Denver and we all saw he got man handled in his short time on the floor this season.

A+ should be a guard or wing that can be added to the Knicks already super young and developing team but has the physical and mental makeup to keep up.

DSJ / Cassius / Harper
    Deni / Iggy
    Julius / Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / Poku / Taj

That's and A+ roster coming out of the draft. Then sign a bench vet or keep Portis to fill out the roster. Out of all the FA signings we made 2019 summer, Randle and Portis are the only one's worth keeping around.
    Have you watched full Hayes games? My guess is no.

Hes light years ahead of multiple guys you listed as day 1 starters.

DSJ / Cassius / Harper
    Deni / Iggy
    Julius / Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / Poku / Taj

I do not know if it is true but I was reading an article that said guys who are not very good or elite at anything but is average to good at doing a few things tend to be bust. if that is true (IF) then O stay away from Deni.

Hayes is legit

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    I like Okoro but we need a few shooters in our starting lineup badly. You cannot have RJ, Okoro, and Frank on the floor at the same time Big Mitch would suffer tremendously.

In my opinion these 3 help right away on both sides of the ball:
    1. Vassell SG/SF can shoot the 3, creates his own offense and gets his hands in on many ball deflections and steals

2. Haliburton SG/PG not as crafty as Vassell but shoots it well and has great instincts on offense as a facilitator and on defense gets allot of steals as well and a high basketball IQ.

3. Deni SF a Swiss Army type of player but he may not be there at 8 if Knicks stand pat but he plays with great euro passion, can shoot, get to the foul line allot, but must improve his lateral quickness for the NBA.

These 3 picks realistically out of them...who will be at #8 for the Knicks? I say either Vassell or Haliburton because Deni will be off the board for sure because either the Warriors, Hornets, Bulls or Cavs or Hawks will draft him. So that being said, I would draft Devin Vassell with the #8 pick.

Then your Knicks starting lineup

PG- Payton or DSJ or Frank depending on what Thibs wants
    SG- Vassell right out the gate; the rook starts
    SF- RJ Barrett is a 100 percent possibility
    PF- Julius Randle if he is not gone
    C- Mitch Robinson

poku maybe hayes you can't be serious he needs to add muscle a right hand and improve his shooting he's literally the biggest project lol unless he goes to a team like gsw who just needs his playmaking

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Hayes is legit
    and you know this by watching him play vs scrubs in Europe lol hayes is the biggest ? In this draft

Hayes can go as high as 2 or low as 10

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    and you know this by watching him play vs scrubs in Europe lol hayes is the biggest ? In this draft

Hayes can go as high as 2 or low as 10
    Does anyone know? Not really. But I wouldnt call a strong showing in the eurocup qualifier scrubs

I think hes gonna be good. Hes not going 10. Id be shocked (and thankful) if hes there at 8.

From the jump, I liked Ball, Deni, Hayes, and Hali. Still do. You were about Ball, Cole, Obi, and Vassell, if Im remembering correctly? Well see how it plays out
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 10-11-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    poku maybe hayes you can't be serious he needs to add muscle a right hand and improve his shooting he's literally the biggest project lol unless he goes to a team like gsw who just needs his playmaking
    No my friend you cant be serious - I like Poku as much as anyone here, pretty sure I was one of the first to bring him up. But HES the guy whos going to need a couple years, he just turned 18 a few months ago and was playing on the B team. And needs to pack on 15-20 pounds.

Youre saying Hayes played against scrubs? He was playing 27 minutes a game on the A team against grown men/pros and doing damn good, serious question have you watched his full games? Ill go ahead and assume the answer is 100% no.

For a better understanding of Okoro and why people seem to be high on him, watch this. It seems like most people on here are just looking at the three point percentage to completely dismiss him.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Does anyone know? Not really. But I wouldnt call a strong showing in the eurocup qualifier scrubs

I think hes gonna be good. Hes not going 10. Id be shocked (and thankful) if hes there at 8.

From the jump, I liked Ball, Deni, Hayes, and Hali. Still do. You were about Ball, Cole, Obi, and Vassell, if Im remembering correctly? Well see how it plays out
    East Flat and I both like the same guys... Cole, Deni, Obi, Vassell who we think will make immediate impact in the NBA. Nobody is saying that Hayes is going to be a bust ... a word many posters around here like to use, but Hayes is young, physically less developed, slower, and less athletic than most of the other top 10 players projected in this draft. I personally think that he would get bullied every game by the many good point guards that are already in the NBA. I just don't see ANY grit in Hayes game from the YouTube clips that are available... maybe I'm missing something?

Can you imagine putting Killian Hayes out on the floor against Ja Morant or Westbrook? He would be a poster waiting to happen which could totally destroy his confidence similar to what happened last year to Knox. He was never the same after Zion ripped the ball out of his hand and dunked over him like an child... I guarantee that stuck in his head!

Knicks need to draft a dog to match RJ and Julius dog mentality.

East Flat and I both like the same guys... Cole, Deni, Obi, Vassell who we think will make immediate impact in the NBA. Nobody is saying that Hayes is going to be a bust ... a word many posters around here like to use, but Hayes is young, physically less developed, slower, and less athletic than most of the other top 10 players projected in this draft. I personally think that he would get bullied every game by the many good point guards that are already in the NBA. I just don't see ANY grit in Hayes game from the YouTube clips that are available... maybe I'm missing something?

Can you imagine putting Killian Hayes out on the floor against Ja Morant or Westbrook? He would be a poster waiting to happen which could totally destroy his confidence similar to what happened last year to Knox. He was never the same after Zion ripped the ball out of his hand and dunked over him like an child... I guarantee that stuck in his head!

Knicks need to draft a dog to match RJ and Julius dog mentality.
    Lol at this take on Hayes defense from an Obi fan, incredible