Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 302 of 937 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402802 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 14046
    Cole Anthony shot selection is terrible. That's undeniable. He reminds me a lot of Iverson who would score 28 pts after 38 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    From what I’m seeing, all of them were good prior to college. And once at the next level, Lewis and Hali were much better. Hayes was poor from 3, but good inside the arc

So I’m not seeing where “Cole is the best shooter”. 38% and “best shooter” do not go together, regardless of whatever types of shots you want to pick

Want to say you think he’s going to translate well in the pros, fine. I just see a good chance of him being an inefficient scoring, not great playmaking, ball-controlling guard
    Cole was better than 80th percentile in catch and shoot and shooting off the dribble. That's damn good and very similar to Kira Lewis's ranks. The 38% really isn't the only thing you should be looking at.

While Hali was really, really good at catch and shoot, he was pretty bad shooting off the dribble if I remember correctly. And that's only going to get worse facing longer, tougher competition at the next level with his weird form.

Also, Hayes was downright awful on catch and shoot 3s, so the idea that he is a stronger shooter than Cole is a bit of a fiction right now.

From what I’m seeing, all of them were good prior to college. And once at the next level, Lewis and Hali were much better. Hayes was poor from 3, but good inside the arc

So I’m not seeing where “Cole is the best shooter”. 38% and “best shooter” do not go together, regardless of whatever types of shots you want to pick

Want to say you think he’s going to translate well in the pros, fine. I just see a good chance of him being an inefficient scoring, not great playmaking, ball-controlling guard
    Bro do me a favor and look at coles catch and shoot percentages and his contested shot percentages you will be very surprised

Also hayes was never a good shooter go check his stats hayes just has a good form so he projects to be a good shooter

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Bro do me a favor and look at coles catch and shoot percentages and his contested shot percentages you will be very surprised

Also hayes was never a good shooter go check his stats hayes just has a good form so he projects to be a good shooter
    Hayes isn’t a good “3PT shooter” yet. He projects to be at least league average (~35-36%) from 3 in the NBA based on his excellent FT%, good mid-range shooting, and his ability to shoot off the dribble well.

This probably won’t happen right away, but there’s no reason to believe he won’t develop a reliable 3PT shot somewhere down the line.

I’m more confident in his shot than LaMelo’s because LaMelo had a huge growth spurt and probably had to change his form dramatically from when he was much smaller. Cole is definitely the better overall shooter though at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post

I understand all that. But there’s no definitive way Cole is the best shooter. So it’s a bit of a stretch to use that as justification why he’s the right guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Cole was better than 80th percentile in catch and shoot and shooting off the dribble. That's damn good and very similar to Kira Lewis's ranks. The 38% really isn't the only thing you should be looking at.

While Hali was really, really good at catch and shoot, he was pretty bad shooting off the dribble if I remember correctly. And that's only going to get worse facing longer, tougher competition at the next level with his weird form.

Also, Hayes was downright awful on catch and shoot 3s, so the idea that he is a stronger shooter than Cole is a bit of a fiction right now.
    I didn’t say any were “the best”. I was just countering the idea Cole was. All have flaws and strengths. I don’t think Coles shooting is in anyway helping him pull away from the others

Like I said, you think his skills are more valuable, that’s a different discussion. But to say he’s best out of them all shooting, I can’t see that as definitive in any way

I understand all that. But there’s no definitive way Cole is the best shooter. So it’s a bit of a stretch to use that as justification why he’s the right guy.
    Out of ball hayes hali lewis cole is the best shooter

Cole translates to a bigger Kemba Walker who took 3 or 4 years to get better at everything else except scoring because he did that from day one.

Outside of Ball give a shot at Haliburton or Lewis those have the overall best tools to bring to the table in both sides of the ball.

Lewis intrigues me more than them all but how would the Knicks justify picking him over some of the more hyped guys ahead of him. He was the one of all that actually played in a good division and played well against top players. Not to mention he has 2 years of a body of work that analyst could look at.

He a good shooter inside and out, he shoots free throws at a high percentage, he's a very decent facilitator, and he's lightning quick maybe the fastest all PG's after Cole. He's also a willing defender and gets allot of steals like Haliburton.

Pick Lewis!

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Cole translates to a bigger Kemba Walker who took 3 or 4 years to get better at everything else except scoring because he did that from day one.
    That’s definitely possible, I had that thought as well. But a lot here argue they don’t like him.

I’m not confident he ends up anywhere near that level, personally. Obviously, none of us really know. I wouldn’t be willing to bet on that

the more i see and read about Tyrell Terry the more i like him. if he was 2 inches taller he'd be a top 5-10 pick. He's got such a soft touch, there's definitely some Trae Young & Curry in him. If Young at 6'1 can average 30 & 10 in just his 2nd season, I think Terry could make it as well. Starting to creep up my list.

we also have Frank who can help cover up a guy like Terry's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    the more i see and read about Tyrell Terry the more i like him. if he was 2 inches taller he'd be a top 5-10 pick. He's got such a soft touch, there's definitely some Trae Young & Curry in him. If Young at 6'1 can average 30 & 10 in just his 2nd season, I think Terry could make it as well. Starting to creep up my list.

I think he’s going to be a great shooter, probably closer to Curry than Trae. He was almost 90% from the line too.

I’d be thrilled with Toppin and Terry in this draft....

I like Tyrell Terry as well. He’s super skinny but maybe he puts on 15-20 pounds in the next few years as he’s only 19.

Is there a worst case scenario where we don’t move up in the draft, but end up with Hayes, Terry, and say Killian Tillie. Sign Wood & bring up Peters (If we had to move up a couple slots from 27 to like 24 for Terry maybe use DSJ to trade up)... Then bring up Lamar Peters.

Hayes-Frank-RJ-Wood-Mitch
    Terry-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Randle
    Peters-Trier-Iggy-Wooten-Tillie

Yes the starting 5 isn’t great three point shooting wise but the bench is. And if Hayes can shoot 30% from 3, Frank and RJ get close to 35% from 3 (which I think is feasible), and Wood close to 40%... with the right coach this could work. Still probably not a playoff team but they could be better than anything we’ve had in a while, with so much room to grow under the right coach.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Frank is key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Frank is key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yup, he'll compliment a few PG's we could draft like Terry, Cole or Lewis.