Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 296 of 937 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396796 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 14046
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    his vision & playmaking too I think. Not that Morant isn't a good passer but Ball has a next level feel for making others better I think.

but the size advantage is significant, we're not talking 1 or 2 inches, he's got 4 inches on him at least and he's still only 18. he might have another inch in him.
    Playing big isn't always about size. Ja gets to the rim and finishes as well as any player in the league regardless of his height. It's like my premature suggestions about Zion and how he might have trouble finishing over NBA PF's with 3 inches on him but sometimes you can't account for athletic ability and talent.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    his vision & playmaking too I think. Not that Morant isn't a good passer but Ball has a next level feel for making others better I think.

but the size advantage is significant, we're not talking 1 or 2 inches, he's got 4 inches on him at least and he's still only 18. he might have another inch in him.
    Ball may have that ability for sure. But itís hard to say Ja doesnít as well. Considering he was a 10 ast a game guy in college, and a 7 assist game guy as a rookie. I think Ja has significant edges everywhere but height, and neither is far ahead in the playmaking department

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Thereís zero chance DSJ is starting over Frank at this point. I donít expect Frank to start at PG either but Iíll take him any day of the week over DSJ.

Toppinís not a bad fit next to Mitch because of defense. Mitch can cover a lot of defensive liability, heís a monster. The fit issue is Mitch needs to be in the paint pretty much. And Toppin is not a guy who I expect to stretch the floor. We need spacing ie a PF and other guys who can put up 7-8+ threes a game and hit them at a high clip, that ainít Obi.
    Again you really need to go watch some Obi footage. I went to the SLU vs Dayton game in St. Louis and dude is super fast on the break and has freakish hops like Blake Griffin. He shoots the ball well from all over the court... He is a more complete player than people are giving him credit for as well because he is actually a decent defender. Thing is in college where he is playing zone defense doesn't show his ability to play good man to man where he has a quickness and agility advantage over most bigs. I'm telling you first hand Obi is the truth and he is only 22 same age as Tim Duncan when he entered the NBA. Knicks have enough 19-21 year old core players, they need a more mature young player on this roster.

Lewis or Cole / DSJ
    RJ / Frank
    Knox / Iggy
    Obi / Randle
    Mitch / Wooten / Taj

That's the best scenario
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 06-11-2020 at 08:07 PM.

If Ball can be had go for it but if not take BPA and if Obi is there you gotta select him, he's Amare/ Blake Griffen to his game.

Then they must trade up for Kira Lweis, he's fast as crap, can shoot, and can get to the rack with ease. He's played 2 years of college ball already and is only 18 or 19.

Obi and Lewis would be a very decent draft night for our new front office.

Our Clippers pick, 2nd rd pick, and or some type of combination of future picks, or assets to move up for Lewis.

Finally the Knicks have so options and leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    If Ball can be had go for it but if not take BPA and if Obi is there you gotta select him, he's Amare/ Blake Griffen to his game.

Then they must trade up for Kira Lweis, he's fast as crap, can shoot, and can get to the rack with ease. He's played 2 years of college ball already and is only 18 or 19.

Obi and Lewis would be a very decent draft night for our new front office.

Our Clippers pick, 2nd rd pick, and or some type of combination of future picks, or assets to move up for Lewis.

Finally the Knicks have so options and leverage.
    Its going to cost more than that. Will cost at least Clippers
    pick plus one of the Dallas picks. May even have to kick in a random future 2nd round pick. I still do it though. Lewis or Nesmith is worth it.

Still my plan A:

Use the Dallas picks we got in the KP trade if needed to move up to draft Lamelo Ball. Trade DSJ/Randle and the 27th pick for Buddy Hield. Sign Danilo Gallinari & Christian Wood. Resign Dot & Bullock. Bring Jusuf Sanon in and draft Killian Tillie in the second round. Hire Kenny Atkinson as coach.

Ball-Buddy-RJ-Gallo-Mitch
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Wood
    Sanon-Trier-Iggy-Wooten-Tillie

Still my plan A:

Use the Dallas picks we got in the KP trade if needed to move up to draft Lamelo Ball. Trade DSJ/Randle and the 27th pick for Buddy Hield. Sign Danilo Gallinari & Christian Wood. Resign Dot & Bullock. Bring Jusuf Sanon in and draft Killian Tillie in the second round. Hire Kenny Atkinson as coach.

I'm all for this, but we don't need Wood in this scenario. Also, if anything, Sanon would go to the G-League. We can bring up Peters. And, ideally, we'd end up with a guy like Jalen Smith at the back end of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I'm all for this, but we don't need Wood in this scenario. Also, if anything, Sanon would go to the G-League. We can bring up Peters. And, ideally, we'd end up with a guy like Jalen Smith at the back end of the draft.
    Yeah thatís fine too, Iím with that

Wood is basically 6th man in that scenario which I actually feel like could be a good role for him. With Mitchís fouls and Galloís age/injuries I donít think itís a bad idea on the right contract.

Still my plan A:

Yeah I think that trade for Hield is a wish and a hope. No chance of stealing him from the Kings like that.

Also, I'm not trading 3 firsts for Ball. Too much uncertainty surrounding him. In addition, that removes any chance of trading up the Clippers pick which is an opportunity to snatch up Lewis or Nesmith.

Omg this draft lottery feels like it taking forever

Still my plan A:

Not mad at you (depending on how many picks), but we could easily be left naked in the post. Need another big or two on the roster to defend and get rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Not mad at you (depending on how many picks), but we could easily be left naked in the post. Need another big or two on the roster to defend and get rebounds.
    Gallo Mitch & Wood would take up most of the minutes at the 4 & 5 no?

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    If the other team is consistently posting up, we've likely already won that battle. Posting up in incredibly inefficient, particularly by big men. The only big-men post players we need to worry about are Embid and Jokic.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...ts-joel-embiid.

Gallo Mitch & Wood would take up most of the minutes at the 4 & 5 no?
    Over the course of a season it's gonna take more than this. Mitch has trouble staying in games, Gallo health is always an issue, and Wood hasn't shown he can hold up to an entire year in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    If the other team is consistently posting up, we've likely already won that battle. Posting up in incredibly inefficient, particularly by big men. The only big-men post players we need to worry about are Embid and Jokic.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...ts-joel-embiid.
    Child please. You do understand we have to defend the rim and rebound. Drivers and offensive minded bigs would have a field day on us.