Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 827 of 937 FirstFirst ... 327727777817825826827828829837877927 ... LastLast
Results 12,391 to 12,405 of 14046
    Trading anything for Russ is lol. Trading 8 for Russ is not even a funny joke. Protest if it happens
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    GS never considers making that move. They get worse AND lose the salary slot they need to possibly trade for a star
    They tryna shed cap bro

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I'm absolutely down for doing that to go get Lamelo because Wiggins is still young and good friends with RJ from their Canadian AAU days and keeping Mitch is a must. Gallo would also be the perfect big to put in the locker room and on the floor as a shooter. Vet experience but not too outspoken because Lamelo will eventually be the leader in that scenario.

You know with all the scenarios we as Knicks fans have thrown around and all the mock drafts.... I still want Cole Anthony at #8 period!
    yea id still love cole too hopefully all of this is just a smokescreen

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Totally agree. I think that continuity starts at the top. You need someone with a longterm plan that will be here for more than 3 years. We keep going through these 3 year cycles where a new FO comes in and coaches are fired, players are traded, rosters completely change.

Thatís why I wish we had hired a real GM instead of Rose. We need someone with experience of building a team. I wish we had hired Jerry West somehow.

I hope rose proves me wrong. We need to just keep this team together and form some sort of identity. I know we donít have much, but hopefully we get lucky in the draft and maybe pick up a good free agent to add to our core.
    rose has built more teams than most general managers, he's absolutely perfect for the job.

The agents build the teams as much as the gms do. And rose is a top dog in that world.

This team will not look for the easy way out, or go after the high profile free agent or trade target that is too expensive, just look at the coaches and front office guys he brought here, all guys who specialize in developing young talent, and identifying young talent.

Its very clear Rose is focused on the long game in NY, and developing young players.

And I don't think neither Mitch or frank are going anywhere.

Those are the kinds of guys you want to see if you can develop. And id imagine the coaches we brought in are here to develop them in particular.

dsj and knox IMO would be the players that would be included in any trades. Not playing hard, and not being good on defense imo won't fly with this staff.

Crazy idea not an idea Iíve even read outside of BRs bs articles so itís just nonsense but thoughts on this one.

Wall + 9 for 38

Pros to me

Trade up for Lamelo (8 + Mitch +mavs pick for 2)

9 Vassell

Trade up from 27 with DSJ for 15+ Aminu
    Take poku

Wall/Frank
    Lamelo/Dotson
    RJ/Knox
    Vassell/
    Poku

Pros are we have 3 top 15 picks 3 high upside guys to go along with RJ Frank and knox

Cons Walls contract is just brutal. As bad as Westbrookís if not worse. Wall also takes away the ball from some of the young guys. Itís not perfect but Iíd do it I think.

If I walked away with Lamelo/Vassell/Poku and the only thing I gave up was 8 dsj mavs pick and taking on an awful contract Iíd do that all day. I would prefer okruo but Iíd prefer vassell but I like him too so that works
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Crazy idea not an idea Iíve even read outside of BRs bs articles so itís just nonsense but thoughts on this one.

Wall + 9 for 38

Pros to me

9 Vassell

Take poku

Wall/Frank
    Lamelo/Dotson
    RJ/Knox
    Vassell/
    Poku

Pros are we have 3 top 15 picks 3 high upside guys to go along with RJ Frank and knox

Cons Walls contract is just brutal. As bad as Westbrookís if not worse. Wall also takes away the ball from some of the young guys. Itís not perfect but Iíd do it I think.

If I walked away with Lamelo/Vassell/Poku and the only thing I gave up was 8 dsj mavs pick and taking on an awful contract Iíd do that all day. I would prefer okruo but Iíd prefer vassell but I like him too so that works
    But why would you want wall and melo also how do we take Wiggins if we get wall

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post

Wall + 9 for 38

Pros to me

9 Vassell

Take poku

Wall/Frank
    Lamelo/Dotson
    RJ/Knox
    Vassell/
    Poku

Hell no. Better get WAY more for taking Wall. I donít even know what it would take to make me get on board with that

47.2/50.9/54.3M

Yeah the problem with trading for Wall is not just the contract and the years. It's also the fact that we don't even know if he can still play. So 50M per year for 3 years of potential deadweight would be potentially disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    But why would you want wall and melo also how do we take Wiggins if we get wall
    Lol I didnít say to take Wiggins and wall. Why wouldnít you want Lamelo because of wall lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Hell no. Better get WAY more for taking Wall. I donít even know what it would take to make me get on board with that

47.2/50.9/54.3M
    Yeah I feel ya. Only difference is I think wall can actually play so itís not like weíd be taking in money for a bum. But the contract is awful.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    rose has built more teams than most general managers, he's absolutely perfect for the job.

The agents build the teams as much as the gms do. And rose is a top dog in that world.

This team will not look for the easy way out, or go after the high profile free agent or trade target that is too expensive, just look at the coaches and front office guys he brought here, all guys who specialize in developing young talent, and identifying young talent.

Its very clear Rose is focused on the long game in NY, and developing young players.
    Rose has surrounded himself with experienced, solid, even highly talented basketball people throughout the organization. To me that is more encouraging than any other moves in the Knicks universe in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    yea id still love cole too hopefully all of this is just a smokescreen
    I think it is a smokescreen... everyday it's someone new and to me although it's no superstar walking in the door like Ja or Zion or Luka... this draft has more variety of talent at every position.

I watched every UNC game because I'm a UNC fan and I could see how with NBA spacing Cole would be another Dame Lillard type player. He can shoot, he is strong, he has that leadership quality that Dame Lillard has that some people think is arrogance but it's really just confidence and confidence can be contagious. UNC literally has one of the worst teams in ACC history around Cole and he still posted 18 and 5 every night being double and triple teamed.

In the NBA nobody is double teaming him until he proves what he can do. I think Leon Rose knows that but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I think it is a smokescreen... everyday it's someone new and to me although it's no superstar walking in the door like Ja or Zion or Luka... this draft has more variety of talent at every position.

I watched every UNC game because I'm a UNC fan and I could see how with NBA spacing Cole would be another Dame Lillard type player. He can shoot, he is strong, he has that leadership quality that Dame Lillard has that some people think is arrogance but it's really just confidence and confidence can be contagious. UNC literally has one of the worst teams in ACC history around Cole and he still posted 18 and 5 every night being double and triple teamed.

In the NBA nobody is double teaming him until he proves what he can do. I think Leon Rose knows that but we will see.
    Hes the only player in the draft that has proven he can put up big points with the ball in his hand.

Hes the only player that has proven he has the skill to do it.

Kings are ďvery interestedĒ in Kira Lewis, per report https://t.co/5vVeMbqVV7