Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 679 of 792 FirstFirst ... 179579629669677678679680681689729779 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 11870
    Kira scouting report

Strengths
    - One of the quickest players in the draft -- can change speeds or directions on a dime. Doesn't need a ball screen to get a piece of the paint. Plays off of hesitations effectively.
    - Soft touch on floaters from all over the floor. Shows some craft at the rim. Sharp Eurostep footwork.
    - Improving perimeter shooter: 36.1% from 3 and 79% from the free throw line in two college seasons. Capable live-dribble passer. Highly productive for his age.

Improvement areas
    - Slight frame at 165 pounds that shows up on both ends of the floor. Not the most disciplined defender. Quick hands and good feet but struggles with physicality. How will he handle more aggressive guards in the NBA? Falls asleep off the ball at times.
    - Not a great finisher with physicality. Right-hand dominant at the rim. Mostly needs time and space with his jumper.
    - Still finding the right blend between scoring and playmaking. Misses basic kickouts or pick-and-roll reads.

Projected role: Speedy lead guard

He’s the 8th ranked prospect on the PG list and 25th ranked best player on most sites. He’s nowhere near being a lottery pick he ends up closer to the Knicks other 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    Against Duke....

Don't let bogus Mocks influence your perception, Cole Anthony can BALL!
    If he can ball, he should be ranked higher in this Draft but he is not...I would rather go with Killian Hayes or Tyrese Haliburton honestly or even Kira Lewis Jr before Cole Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If he can ball, he should be ranked higher in this Draft but he is not...I would rather go with Killian Hayes or Tyrese Haliburton honestly or even Kira Lewis Jr before Cole Anthony
    Exactly, Knick fans all of a sudden, want to remake the wheel and dig 20 spots down, pass up 3 to 4 other higher rated PG's, just for Cole or Kira. Kira and Cole are not the answer for the Knicks. Kira is a worse floor general than Cole and Cole is nothing to write home about. Neither are very good scoring guards either. No need to overthink this. Ball, Tyrese, or Hayes and if that's not possible, move on to the Okoro's and Vassells of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    lol you really think that's how it works? that these "rankings" are correct even a fraction of the time?

When it comes to draft picks, the conundrum is simply this:

Are there that many scouts, analysts fooled or is there an inherent reason why a player hasn't been ranked higher?

No Knicks site or fan base has answered the question: Cole Anthony carried UNC. if Cole Anthony couldn't make every one around him better, then how can he elevate a Knicks team where you have a collection of talent but no connective tissue?

That might be why he's not a top 10 prospect and in the middle of the First round. Again, tremendous scoring machine but not a facilitator.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Are there that many scouts, analysts fooled or is there an inherent reason why a player hasn't been ranked higher?

No Knicks site or fan base has answered the question: Cole Anthony carried UNC. if Cole Anthony couldn't make every one around him better, then how can he elevate a Knicks team where you have a collection of talent but no connective tissue?

That might be why he's not a top 10 prospect and in the middle of the First round. Again, tremendous scoring machine but not a facilitator.
    He’s not even a tremendous scoring machine. If he was, maybe I’d feel differently. Trae Young was a tremendous scorer. He was a decent scorer. There’s a lot of those every year

Very difficult to tell how good he is, or how much he actually helps a pro team.

Cole isn't dropping beyond #14 imo. I don't know where this idea came from that he's going to be dropping down to the late teens and even 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Cole isn't dropping beyond #14 imo. I don't know where this idea came from that he's going to be dropping down to the late teens and even 20s.
    Yeah, I don’t buy that. Could go anywhere near 10, give or take IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Thank you someone who ain't buying the hype cuz I sure as hell ain't y'all

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Yeah, I don’t buy that. Could go anywhere near 10, give or take IMO
    I don't see Cole going past 15 but in this crazy draft, who knows. Cole may benefit a lot from NBA spacing but he'll need to finish a bit better to open up that outside shot so he doesn't have to take such difficult ones. Forcing him to the paint could frustrate a guy who doesn't facilitate or finish extremely well. But if he can somehow find that bounce he once had and use it in game, he might be better than i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I don't see Cole going past 15 but in this crazy draft, who knows. Cole may benefit a lot from NBA spacing but he'll need to finish a bit better to open up that outside shot so he doesn't have to take such difficult ones. Forcing him to the paint could frustrate a guy who doesn't facilitate or finish extremely well. But if he can somehow find that bounce he once had and use it in game, he might be better than i think.
    I’ve said he’s not my pick..But I agree. He can definitely prove me wrong, the potential is there. I wouldn’t be shocked by it at all. I just wouldn’t bet on it myself

THIS: Tyrese Haliburton .“Iowa State’s Tyrese Haliburton has signed with CAA Sports
    @TyHaliburton22
    might be the best PG and passer in the draft. His size, pace and vision in the pick and roll is going to translate well at the next level. Created opportunities all day at
    @impactbball
    run |
    @CAA_Basketball

https://twitter.com/swishcultures_/s...921483265?s=20 This is what a floor genera looks like.
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-24-2020 at 10:28 AM.

At this point I'm just ready to get whoever we gonna draft in and start getting them ready for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    lol you really think that's how it works? that these "rankings" are correct even a fraction of the time?
    Teams need to ignore these stupid rankings. Herro is by far the 3rd best player of last years class and should have been the pick but since every damn mock had RJ '40/30/60' Barrett, we were pressured into taking him. There is no way RJ would have been the 3rd best player available with that shooting if GMs and scouts did their homework.

Get a grip on this PG stuff, it’s Ball and Hayes 1&2 they will be gone.

Hali is 3rd but if they open the gym he’s dropping when they realize he is a 2 guard period no if and or buts.

Hampton is ranked 4th by some but he already went on record for saying he prefers being a 2 guard playing off the ball.

Cole is ranked 5th on that list, so the complaint about a score first guard in what we need to make the offense go is laughable at best to keep trying to knock his game.

Theo Maledon is the next ranked PG

The rest of the names are bottom of the draft picks.

Some want that funky shooting 2 guard and some want the score first PG who won’t dominate the ball due to RJ who will on most plays rebound and push the ball up the court himself.

Scouts already said Hali would be better going to a team win an establish PG run him off the 2 guard spots nice he is unable to create for himself.

We need a PG who can create for himself more than a ball dominant PG. If the PG is unable to break down the defense and get to the paint he is useless. Kick-outs are considered easy points and doesn’t require running any play.

Cole is better at getting open space. Hali can’t do that with his form and cement feet, unable to create his own shot, that’s just facts all scouting reports say it.

Some want Hali bad fine, but he’s a 2 guard face the truth on that. Realize your getting a legit 2 guard which what he has played in Hs and 1st year in college. Iowa St didn’t have any good PG so they move Hali to that spot, even with his green light he still couldn’t avg more pts. due to his dependence on someone else creating shots for him.

I just don’t want ball dominant guard that’s not how the NBA is going. The top PG are all score first able to let others push the ball, they are all able to play off the ball also and let others create easy shots for them as well.

People say Cole can’t make anyone better the same can be said about Hali, he didn’t improve his team 1 bit, easier schedule, easier conference. Cole played in one of the hardest conferences while having to rely on himself since Roy made him the focal point as the only one capable to get points on his own.

Just not buying Hali sorry, I rather take Theo Maledon over Hali and both to me are the same, except one plays I France and didn’t get exposure.

Theo Maledon scouting reports

Strengths
    - Excellent size for a point guard at 6-foot-5. Has a good frame and a long wingspan, which will allow him to defend point guards, shooting guards and potentially even small forwards.
    - Career 36% 3-point and 79% free throw shooter. Has clean, compact shooting mechanics. Capable both with his feet set and off the dribble, even if he's been inconsistent at times.
    - Efficient player who keeps mistakes to a minimum and plays with impressive poise. Arguably the most experienced player in the draft in terms of the minutes he's received against quality competition. Draws rave reviews for his work ethic and approach to the game.

Improvement areas
    - Didn't play a huge role for ASVEL as one of three point guards on the roster. Started some games, but only averaged 17 MPG. Often operates alongside a lead guard in more of a spot-up role. Wasn't too efficient this season, posting a high turnover rate and average shooting percentages.
    - Lacks a level of aggressiveness. Just an average athlete in terms of pure speed and shiftiness. Looks too focused at times on minimizing mistakes. Will likely be best suited operating alongside a scoring guard who can shoulder the bulk of the shot-creation responsibilities, at least early in his career.
    - Career 48% 2-point shooter, partially due to lack of strength but also because of his lack of explosiveness and methodical style of play. Relies heavily on craft and touch shots. Gets caught up on screens and struggles with the physicality of handling switches.

Projected role: Secondary creator and 3-and-D guard
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-24-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan