Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 678 of 816 FirstFirst ... 178578628668676677678679680688728778 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 12240
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Lol than why are we talking about hali so much if you acknowledge we shouldnt be drafting him where we pick. A catch and shoot pg? What are we suppose to do with that?

Unless something changes that's where we pick.

I'd be perfectly happy trading back and grabbing nesmith or bey.

Bey imo is the closest thing to a lock to be a 10 year year nba player in this draft. I'm at the point where I hate this draft so much where I'm almost considering him at 8 but for would be happy to trade back and draft him.

If hayes is avail, hes an easy pick at 8, if its between cole and kira at 8, I'll be ok with either of them. But I actually like bey better than both as far as a sure lock player.
    I didnít acknowledge that..

You said the lottery is for exclusive, franchise changing talent. I donít see us getting that from anyone that will be there at 8

Regardless of who I like, if itís Cole, fine. Just donít want to see some BS like Obi. Iíd love if Hayes was there, he would be a no brainer

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I didnít acknowledge that..

You said the lottery is for exclusive, franchise changing talent. I donít see us getting that from anyone that will be there at 8

Regardless of who I like, if itís Cole, fine. Just donít want to see some BS like Obi. Iíd love if Hayes was there, he would be a no brainer
    Ya but hali is not exclusive game changing talent.

Hes at best, basically a george hill. Off the ball pg, who needs to play with ball dominant players so that he doesnt have to handle the ball much.

Clearly that is not what this roster needs. Everyone here knows that, so why we still talking up hali.

Theres is zero chance we will draft him, he makes no sense for us.

We either trade or sign a pg, or we draft cole or kira. I dont really see any other options. This team cant move forward until we have a pg who can handle the rock.

As far as needing and wanting a pg, I doubt anyone wants to draft a pg more than I do.

But damn is saddiq bey a clean prospect!

His game and body is completely nba ready. Like 40% for 3, can d up multiple positions. Can face up the hoop, has a decent post game, strong, smart, good passer,he legitimately is one of the cleanest players in this draft.

Hes being listed under the 3 and d category, but I think he can be more than that. Probably not an all star, but not just a 3 and d roleplayer either.

He looks like one of those players spurs would draft back in the day, that becomes a huge reason they are good. Hes one of my favorite players in this draft.

https://youtu.be/c4np54Ynnd8
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 09-23-2020 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    100% agree with this take, anyone who thinks a $4Mill Cole is "too risky" but wants to Max out FVV recognizes name more then game...
    Coleís not ďtoo riskyĒ heís just a more boom or bust pick than others who will be there at 8. Simple as that.

With Cole at the 1, Frank slides smoothly into an off guard "facilitator" role on offensive side, if he finally hits open shots consistently, it's a very nice rotational pairing...

I firmly believe we'll find out who Frank is, good/bad this upcoming season...

Make/Break for him imo....
    This I agree with, Cole-Frank-RJ is actually a guard trio that could fit together almost perfectly on both sides of the court which I like a lot.

As far as needing and wanting a pg, I doubt anyone wants to draft a pg more than I do.

But damn is saddiq bey a clean prospect!

His game and body is completely nba ready. Like 40% for 3, can d up multiple positions. Can face up the hoop, has a decent post game, strong, smart, good passer,he legitimately is one of the cleanest players in this draft.

Hes being listed under the 3 and d category, but I think he can be more than that. Probably not an all star, but not just a 3 and d roleplayer either.

He looks like one of those players spurs would draft back in the day, that becomes a huge reason they are good. Hes one of my favorite players in this draft.

https://youtu.be/c4np54Ynnd8
    Is his defense that good? Donít get me wrong I like him but I feel like someone like Vassell is a much higher level team defender.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Coleís not ďtoo riskyĒ heís just a more boom or bust pick than others who will be there at 8. Simple as that.
    Cole could be another burke. Great college scorer but not enough ability to play that role in the nba and be consistent.

That's completely on the table for cole.

But hes also the only guy in this draft who showed he can be legit volume scorer with the ball in his hands.

There is no one else in this entire draft who has shown they can do that. We can play the, if he develops a 3 point shot game all day, but cole already has that. And we have seen with dsj that many others that most of them dont develop that shot.

If cole had a better free throw % I'd be completely sold on him, but he doesnt.

But for what we need, a young pg, who can handle and shoot off the dribble, is athletic, and has proved he can do it, cole is the only player in this entire draft that checks off those boxes.

And unlike burke, hes bigger, stronger, faster, and comes from a nba pedigree. Let's not forget that Greg Anthony was a player who made it in the nba by playing his role, not trying to do too much, and playing the game right.

Cole could be another burke. Great college scorer but not enough ability to play that role in the nba and be consistent.

But hes also the only guy in this draft who showed he can be legit volume scorer with the ball in his hands.

There is no one else in this entire draft who has shown they can do that. We can play the, if he develops a 3 point shot game all day, but cole already has that. And we have seen with dsj that many others that most of them dont develop that shot.

But for what we need, a young pg, who can handle and shoot off the dribble, is athletic, and has proved he can do it, cole is the only player in this entire draft that checks off those boxes.

And unlike burke, hes bigger, stronger, faster, and comes from a nba pedigree. Let's not forget that Greg Anthony was a player who made it in the nba by playing his role, not trying to do too much, and playing the game right.
    I hear you. Right now heís in the top 3 on my board at #8. (Iím assuming Hayes will be gone). But I have Cole on the same level as Vassell and Kira at 8. I like each of those three for different reasons.

Is his defense that good? Donít get me wrong I like him but I feel like someone like Vassell is a much higher level team defender.
    Bey isnt the most athletic, but hes smarter than any of the other bigs in this draft by far, and knows how to defend multiple positions, and has the body and motor to do it.

The knock on bey is that he isnt top level athletic, which is 100% true.

But that's also why jokic fell in the draft, and bey is way more athletic than him.

Not saying bey will be jokic level, but hes far more athletic and versatile than jokic could ever dream of.

and again, shoots 40% from 3. And not on low volume. He lite it up in college.

Bey isnt the most athletic, but hes smarter than any of the other bigs in this draft by far, and knows how to defend multiple positions, and has the body and motor to do it.

The knock on bey is that he isnt top level athletic, which is 100% true.

But that's also why jokic fell in the draft, and bey is way more athletic than him.

Not saying bey will be jokic level, but hes far more athletic and versatile than jokic could ever dream of.

and again, shoots 40% from 3. And not on low volume. He lite it up in college.
    I get it I guess I just feel like Vassell is the better version of him basically.

I hear you. Right now heís in the top 3 on my board at #8. (Iím assuming Hayes will be gone). But I have Cole on the same level as Vassell and Kira at 8. I like each of those three for different reasons.
    I'm on the same boat, I'd take hayes over him, but he wont be there imo. Vassell I love, but hes not a pg, kira can shoot the 3, and get to the rim at the pg position and is probably more of a playmaker right now than cole.

So either cole or kira is fine to me, I like vassell more as a potential nba star. He has the tools to be a top level star. He has that high shot point, the body and the athletism, that the top nba stars have.

But we need a damn pg who can handle the rock and shoot off the dribble.

Kira may not be a star, but he will always force the defense to respect him because he can get to the rim, and shoot the 3.

Cole could be a bust but he could also be a star.

Vassell is the best defensive player in the draft, with the ability to be a good shooter,and also with the ability to be the top level nba player. But that's impossible to project that a player will reach that milestone.

So you make the choice.

I get it I guess I just feel like Vassell is the better version of him basically.
    They are different players with different skill set.

I like both.

The issue is that the nba always wants younger with upside.

If that's what you crave than vassell is your guy. Although bey WILL be a legitimate stretch 4, and I see vassell more as a 3.

But if you look past that, bey is the better player, a bit older, but far more refined.

Vassell clearly has more upside.

But bey is pretty much a sure thing, who in the nba could be way more than what these clown draft experts project him to be.

Refined big men in the draft who can shoot, d up multiple positions, pass, face up, post up, rebound, and dont make stupid decisions, are extremely rare in todays league. Most big men are either extremely raw, or cant develop into what is needed for a modern day nba big.

I'm not buying the common draft experts talk that bey is just a 3 and d guy. It's rare to find a big who can fit the modern day nba, who can do what bey does.

Hes the rare polished rookie, who is big, who fits the modern day game.

I agree with everything else you said, & it kind of points to the fact that all arrows (injury/teammates/his overall game) point a lot stronger to his college stats being an underperformance for his abilities vs Burke's overperformance with his...

The more I dissect into his game and abilities, the less and less I fear the "bust" many worry about with him...

I don't think a Burke is within his floor range...

Cole's worst case scenario imo is closer to Spencer Dinwiddie then any other current NBA PG....
    Last edited by NYK2RIP; 09-24-2020 at 12:40 AM.

They are different players with different skill set.

I like both.

The issue is that the nba always wants younger with upside.

If that's what you crave than vassell is your guy. Although bey WILL be a legitimate stretch 4, and I see vassell more as a 3.

But if you look past that, bey is the better player, a bit older, but far more refined.

Vassell clearly has more upside.

But bey is pretty much a sure thing, who in the nba could be way more than what these clown draft experts project him to be.

Refined big men in the draft who can shoot, d up multiple positions, pass, face up, post up, rebound, and dont make stupid decisions, are extremely rare in todays league. Most big men are either extremely raw, or cant develop into what is needed for a modern day nba big.

I'm not buying the common draft experts talk that bey is just a 3 and d guy. It's rare to find a big who can fit the modern day nba, who can do what bey does.

Hes the rare polished rookie, who is big, who fits the modern day game.
    Well if heís a 4 then I feel like Patrick Williams is the better pick personally. Bey just feels like a late teens pick at best to me in this draft, guess weíll see where he goes. Iíd take Williams before him too tho

2020 Draft Thread (Knicks Pick 8th)

I agree with everything else you said, & it kind of points to the fact that all arrows (injury/teammates/his overall game) point a lot stronger to his college stats being an underperformance for his abilities vs Burke's overperformance with his...

The more I dissect into his game and abilities, the less and less I fear the "bust" many worry about with him...

I don't think a Burke is within his floor range...

Cole's worst case scenario imo is closer to Spencer Dinwiddie then any other current NBA PG....
    No way is Coleís worst case scenario Spencer. Spencerís not a great shooter, but he is an excellent finisher and creator with more size than Cole (6í5Ē).