Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 677 of 816 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687727777 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,155 of 12240
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Tyler Herro shot 35.5% from 3 im college.

Cole shot 34.8%. If youíre concerned about Coleís shot, youíre overthinking things.
    Truth, I remember when people here compared randles 3 point shooting to lukas.

They used fg% to do that. Luka shoots extremely challenging 3 pt shots, Randle shot nothing but wide open ones.

You cant just look at their % and compare them.

Cole shooting that % with the kind of attention he gets, and the volume isnt bad at all.

It should be a positive that cole can shoot hard shots so often and still have a respectable %.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Frank didnít look mentally strong. He looked shook out there. Thatís why he was not playing, or ďinjuredĒ . Iím not saying he canít handle it, but he has to do it a different way

How do you know what Hali is made of mentally? Thereís no way to know that
    Frank did look out of his depths, but pretty much every scouting report said that would be an issue.

He needed more time as he was the youngest player in the nba, coming from a way different style of basketball.

He was always expected to need time. Physically hes just now starting to peak. Let's judge frank after this season if hes still here, which hopfully he is.

Theres a reason the old coach for player development is gone, and leon rose brought in coaches who have a proven track record of developing players.

We never had real coaches to develop any of our young players until now. We never had anyone like Bryant or Payne with proven track records developing players.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 09-23-2020 at 09:34 PM.

I typically value what a player can show in just one game vs a highlight reel conglomerate...

Here's 1 game against the 'Cuse....

Against Wake Forest...

Against Duke....

Don't let bogus Mocks influence your perception, Cole Anthony can BALL!

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Frank did look out of his depths, but pretty much every scouting report said that would be an issue.

He needed more time as he was the youngest player in the nba, coming from a way different style of basketball.

He was always expected to need time. Physically hes just now starting to peak. Let's judge frank after this season if hes still here, which hopfully he is.

Theres a reason the old coach for player development is gone, and leon rose brought in coaches who have a proven track record of developing players.

We never had real coaches to develop any of our young players until now.
    With Cole at the 1, Frank slides smoothly into an off guard "facilitator" role on offensive side, if he finally hits open shots consistently, it's a very nice rotational pairing...

I firmly believe we'll find out who Frank is, good/bad this upcoming season...

Make/Break for him imo....

The same guys who have mocks of cole in the teens had him as #1 overall not long ago.

These mock drafters just copy whatever is popular at the time.

I wouldnt be surprised if saddiq bey went top 12, but you wont see that on many mocks.

I had nico as a late 1st rnd pick when he was a consensus lottery pick.

Had hali as a top 15 pick when he was a early 20 pick in most mocks. I'm not even convinced hali will go top 10 one bit unless gs trades back.

These mock drafters just follow the trends.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    With Cole at the 1, Frank slides smoothly into an off guard "facilitator" role on offensive side, if he finally hits open shots consistently, it's a very nice rotational pairing...

I firmly believe we'll find out who Frank is, good/bad this upcoming season...

Make/Break for him imo....
    The only time frank had a comfortable role in NY was when KP was healthy his rookie year.

Thats the only time Frank's role made sense. The rest of the time hes been here hes had no development, and no real role.

That's why a ball dominant guard on this team is so important.

We cant find out who frank, rj, mitch, or knox are until they can play their roles the way their suppose to.

Right now no one on this team has the right players around them. Hence we dont know what any if these guys really are.

The same guys who have mocks of cole in the teens had him as #1 overall not long ago.

These mock drafters just copy whatever is popular at the time.

I wouldnt be surprised if saddiq bey went top 12, but you wont see that on many mocks.

I had nico as a late 1st rnd pick when he was a consensus lottery pick.

Had hali as a top 15 pick when he was a early 20 pick in most mocks. I'm not even convinced hali will go top 10 one bit unless gs trades back.

These mock drafters just follow the trends.
    Facts

The only time frank had a comfortable role in NY was when KP was healthy his rookie year.

Thats the only time Frank's role made sense. The rest of the time hes been here hes had no development, and no real role.

We cant find out who frank, rj, mitch, or knox are until they can play their roles the way their suppose to.

Right now no one on this team has the right players around them. Hence we dont know what any if these guys really are.
    Facts x 2

Thatís why I want to get some actual players. I donít even care if they are stars or not. Just that they are legit NBA players, that fit what you actually need players to do. Otherwise we keep making excuses for guys

Thatís why I want to get some actual players. I donít even care if they are stars or not. Just that they are legit NBA players, that fit what you actually need players to do. Otherwise we keep making excuses for guys
    Ya but we need a ball handling pg more than anything else by far.

Hali does nothing for us to help us answer any questions about our young players. He only makes the situation worse.

If you want a catch and shoot pg who plays defense go sign langston Galloway. Dont use a freaking lottery pick on one though. We can easily get Langston, wont cost a ton, wont have to hand a long term deal. Those guys are easy to find. Stars are not.

Lottery gives you the chance to get exclusive talent that can change your entire teams future. You dont use those picks on 4th and 5th options.

Ya but we need a ball handling pg more than anything else by far.

Hali does nothing for us to help us answer any questions about our young players. He only makes the situation worse.

If you want a catch and shoot pg who plays defense go sign langston Galloway. Dont use a freaking lottery pick on one though. We can easily get Langston, wont cost a ton, wont have to hand a long term deal. Those guys are easy to find. Stars are not.

Lottery gives you the chance to get exclusive talent that can change your entire teams future. You dont use those picks on 4th and 5th options.
    Not where we are picking, and not in this draft unfortunately

As I said, just go get a guard, at this point I donít care. Then go sign one.

Rose brought in walt perrin to run our draft and be the lead scout.

I have a lot of respect with what he did in utah drafting outside the lottery, building a good team mostly through draft. Gobert, donovan, ingles.

Along with Utah's player development coach.

Without a doubt rose is taking the draft and development seriously, and I trust these guys to make the right choice.

I knocked our front office for years for not hiring real basketball guys. This the first time, we have real basketball guys. Fizdale and his staff were a complete joke with no eye on developing players.

Not where we are picking, and not in this draft unfortunately

As I said, just go get a guard, at this point I donít care. Then go sign one.
    Lol than why are we talking about hali so much if you acknowledge we shouldnt be drafting him where we pick. A catch and shoot pg? What are we suppose to do with that?

Unless something changes that's where we pick.

I'd be perfectly happy trading back and grabbing nesmith or bey.

Bey imo is the closest thing to a lock to be a 10 year year nba player in this draft. I'm at the point where I hate this draft so much where I'm almost considering him at 8 but for would be happy to trade back and draft him.

If hayes is avail, hes an easy pick at 8, if its between cole and kira at 8, I'll be ok with either of them. But I actually like bey better than both as far as a sure lock player.