Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 676 of 835 FirstFirst ... 176576626666674675676677678686726776 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 12518
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    His scouting reports said that from start. He was a 3 years project who was better served as a secondary ball handler while he grows into his body and get stronger with no pressure.

Iím just saying is this, you can draft Hali and heís not built for NYC the moment he struggles itís over he will be ripped. All the skills donít compare if the kid can handle verbal abuse. Thatís life in NYC getting verbally abused by the fans and media. Frank still mentally strong he knows what struggling is about and the last 7 games before the COVID he started to shape into what he can become.
    Frank didnít look mentally strong. He looked shook out there. Thatís why he was not playing, or ďinjuredĒ . Iím not saying he canít handle it, but he has to do it a different way

How do you know what Hali is made of mentally? Thereís no way to know that
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-23-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Canít really argue with the verbal abuse, look at all of us in here, we tend to get verbally abusive on just these things imagine what the player has to endure when they donít live up to expectations.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I fully agree. I just worry about his rebounding. If we sign FA's I want them to stay on the floor. Are we sure Mitch can avg. 13 a game? - He'd have to get that mentality. -

Actually, now that I think about it, Tom may just allow RJ to freelance and let him get about 8 rb a game. RJ will prolly be down for that.
    RJ-Grant-Mitch is a frontcourt I like a lot

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    RJ-Grant-Mitch is a frontcourt I like a lot
    Iím down for that. Get at least one legit shooter in the backcourt (obviously 2 is better) and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Frank didnít look mentally strong. He looked shook out there. Thatís why he was not playing, or ďinjuredĒ

How do you know what Hali is made of mentally? Thereís no way to know that
    He went to Iowa St. thatís s low pressure as it comes.

At this point your hating on Frank but he played against men as a teen, he know more fundamental basketball than most of these PG coming out like Dotson, Kira and some other not even considered to be a lottery pick.

Frank was far from shook, he was to mentally focused to make the correct play all the time without making mistakes. Thatís a big difference.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

At this point your hating on Frank but he played against men as a teen, he know more fundamental basketball than most of these PG coming out like Dotson, Kira and some other not even considered to be a lottery pick.

Frank was far from shook, he was to mentally focused to make the correct play all the time without making mistakes. Thatís a big difference.
    Is that the go-to excuse, someone is ďhatingĒ. I actually put some positive feedback in there. Itís not hating, itís reality. Iíve watched all his games. If you donít agree, fine, no need to go back and forth. I know what Iíve seen. Seen him constantly pick up his dribble when people press him. Constantly stop behind the 3 point line, pick up dribble, stand there and try and handoff to someone.

He was given chances, and failed. They have brought him along slowly, and there is signs of life. Now, he needs to start making a damn open shot, then maybe we have something

I think we need to stay away from judging a person's mentality on the court. We have 0 idea. What we can surmise is their background \ culture \ upbringing. For Frank, in France, it's more of a team game. The USA game is simpler, more selfish, ISO, pick and role and that is not AT ALL a fault of Frank's. Frank has been yo-yo'd for 3 years while adjusting to a completely different style of play while "developing" with a Knick's franchise known for its instability. We need to slow down with what we think we know about Frank as a player going forward.

Frank will likely be something like a Batum.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I think we need to stay away from judging a person's mentality on the court. We have 0 idea. What we can surmise is their background \ culture \ upbringing. For Frank, in France, it's more of a team game. The USA game is simpler, more selfish, ISO, pick and role and that is not AT ALL a fault of Frank's. Frank has been yo-yo'd for 3 years while adjusting to a completely different style of play while "developing" with a Knick's franchise known for its instability. We need to slow down with what we think we know about Frank as a player going forward.

Frank will likely be something like a Batum.

Mentality has a lot do with NYC we had one of our own eating Vaseline when he couldnít take the team over the hump.

So you say not to judge but make up and mentality is important than skills to survive in NYC.

I think more if they can mentality survive that **** hole of a city first than actually playing the game. Hence why Durant said **** the Knicks and went to the Nets, he always wanted to go to NY just not playing with the Knicks.

He said it best media and fans are annoying ****s itís like a side piece you just canít shake the **** off they are nags expecting more than they should get lmao.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Didnít Frankís family escape the Rwandan genocide? Pretty sure I remember hearing that and if so thatís a background that likely sets a foundation of mental toughness, not weakness.

Again letís see how he looks this year. Iím expecting further improvement based on his recent trajectory and positive trends.

Mentality has a lot do with NYC we had one of our own eating Vaseline when he couldnít take the team over the hump.

So you say not to judge but make up and mentality is important than skills to survive in NYC.

I think more if they can mentality survive that **** hole of a city first than actually playing the game. Hence why Durant said **** the Knicks and went to the Nets, he always wanted to go to NY just not playing with the Knicks.

He said it best media and fans are annoying ****s itís like a side piece you just canít shake the **** off they are nags expecting more than they should get lmao.
    I never said mentality isn't important, I said be careful to judge it. People killed Eli Manning because he was basically a soft borg and dude is now a legend in NY. Intangibles are usually validated at the END of the journey and not the beginning. I believe surviving in NY largely required that DOG mentality, However, how one chooses to express it, well, that is not for us to know fully and therefore, judging it is subjective and can lead to inaccuracies.
    Last edited by teddygreen17; 09-23-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    You also have to take into account the degree of difficulty and how many of Coleís shots were off the dribble and unassisted. These were the kinds of shots that he had to take often:

When you watch Cole, he already has shown the abilities we hope or wish will "develop" amongst other potential picks.

The biggest criticism is inefficiency...

I've described some reasons for this, but even without that...

Would you rather place your bets on someone "developing" a right hand, "developing" a shot, "developing" breakdown handles?....

Or a player to "learn" better shot selection?

Look less at the numbers (college stats, outside of rebounds, RARELY correlate directly to pros), and watch the player...

It's really not even close imo, my only concern now is once we're through the combine, will 1-7 realize what they have been dismissing?

People over doing the FG% on Cole to much

https://www.basketball-reference.com...vanvlfr01.html

Some FVV lovers need to explain this. Have to explain how they value someone who shoots as poorly as he does from everywhere but behind the arc.

Thatís why reading people love for FVV and the hate on Cole is comedy at its best.
    100% agree with this take, anyone who thinks a $4Mill Cole is "too risky" but wants to Max out FVV recognizes name more then game...

Tyler Herro shot 35.5% from 3 im college.

Cole shot 34.8%. If youíre concerned about Coleís shot, youíre overthinking things.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iím tired of that theory. In a draft thatís seemingly lacking on high end talent, whatís wrong with taking a guy thatís just a good player for a long time. If more years than not, we drafted a good starter, we would have been better a long time ago. Take a shot if thereís a guy you like. If not, take a guy thatís a good pro for years. I donít like the players this year, Iíd be fine with a guy that shoots, passes, and defends. We have none of them

Players like that still get paid, and teams still want them
    It's not a theory it's the truth. Drafting 4th and 5th option roleplayers in the lottery is straight up stupid.

Those guys are easier to find in the draft and free agency, ball handlers who can score are far harder to get.

If we traded out if the lottery I'd be completely fine with a nesmith or bey, I'd be estatic about them.

But in the lottery you want to draft something someone you can sign off the streets for a short term deal? That makes no sense.