Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 674 of 795 FirstFirst ... 174574624664672673674675676684724774 ... LastLast
Results 10,096 to 10,110 of 11915
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    That works both ways, his number can be because he is on a good team while being a overlooked scorer as 4-5th option. Woods was on a garbage team your right, but toward the last 15 games his numbers went up on that garbage team while being a focal point and he was still able to put up even better numbers.

With defense Wood is still learning but he is a better rim defender than Grant due to size. Wood also is a bigger commodity right now among playoff teams due to higher upside. Grant can play the 2 wing spots. Wood can be used at the 5 if you want to spread the defense more.

Just depends on what they are looking for.
    I mean Grant can literally guard 4 positions, Wood struggles to guard 1.

Offensively they’re close as three point threats, but Grant is better, whereas Wood is more dynamic/can put it on the deck etc. If we didn’t have Mitch I might be thinking differently but I have zero doubt Grant is the better fit with our current roster and makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I’d still like Hali. I know where you stand. But I feel like his skillset will help. You don’t only need a driving/kicking player to set up the offense and get shots. In the end, draft a damn guard and I’m ok with it, whoever it is.

Hayes would 100% be my pick if he was there. Besides Ball, had him and Deni on top of my board

To me, guys like Cole only work when you have a very good distributor at another position next to him. Kyrie can’t do it as a #1. As good as Lillard is, he can’t consistently get them where they need to go, even with another strong scorer next to him
    Hali is a george hill, frank ntilikina type. Except hali has worse handle than both of them.

We already have frank, and we need a ball handler.

Hali makes zero sense for us, I dont really understand what it is you think he would do for us. The only way you draft hali is if you have curry, bron, luka type player.

Hali is a catch and shoot, defensive player, that's it, you guys have some sort of belief he can handle the rock, he cant. You cant handle the rock with no handle, and no ability to shoot off the dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Hali is a george hill, frank ntilikina type. Except hali has worse handle than both of them.

We already have frank, and we need a ball handler.

Hali makes zero sense for us, I dont really understand what it is you think he would do for us. The only way you draft hali is if you have curry, bron, luka type player.

Hali is a catch and shoot, defensive player, that's it, you guys have some sort of belief he can handle the rock, he cant. You cant handle the rock with no handle, and no ability to shoot off the dribble.
    It’s not so much that I believe he can do those things, it’s more that I’d go with a guy that will be a useful player. Keep looking for the right guys. Getting a meh attacking, heavy volume guy doesn’t do it for me. If I believed in Cole, he makes all the sense, I agree. Just not feeling him. Keep putting pieces there that fit, you know. We need shooting, we need stablility, we need defense just as much as a star

So there's going to be a combine.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I mean Grant can literally guard 4 positions, Wood struggles to guard 1.

Offensively they’re close as three point threats, but Grant is better, whereas Wood is more dynamic/can put it on the deck etc. If we didn’t have Mitch I might be thinking differently but I have zero doubt Grant is the better fit with our current roster and makes more sense.
    I think this is where we think differently on what will fit next to Mitch. I like Grant I just think he is better suited for a more established team than one trying to become one.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

I think reading over every scoring report while Hali is considered the #2-3 PG on the ranking they all have the same opinion he is a secondary ball handler 3 and D. Not someone to let run the team since he can’t do much for himself to create or get enough space to get that shot off. His points come off someone else creating for him. Just going by scouting reports and from what I see watching film. Cant overlook those major negatives in the NBA against stronger faster players.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

People over doing the FG% on Cole to much

https://www.basketball-reference.com...vanvlfr01.html

Some FVV lovers need to explain this. Have to explain how they value someone who shoots as poorly as he does from everywhere but behind the arc.

That’s why reading people love for FVV and the hate on Cole is comedy at its best.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

I think reading over every scoring report while Hali is considered the #2-3 PG on the ranking they all have the same opinion he is a secondary ball handler 3 and D. Not someone to let run the team since he can’t do much for himself to create or get enough space to get that shot off. His points come off someone else creating for him. Just going by scouting reports and from what I see watching film. Cant overlook those major negatives in the NBA against stronger faster players.
    That’s all true

But let’s not act like guys don’t get good looks anyways. A guy that can knock down a shot will get chances. Even with Payton out there, guys got looks, just rarely made them. He would still put up some points, and give us another guy that has to be guarded. Never a bad thing to have guys that make shots, defend, and make the right pass. That’s all I’m saying

People over doing the FG% on Cole to much

https://www.basketball-reference.com...vanvlfr01.html

Some FVV lovers need to explain this. Have to explain how they value someone who shoots as poorly from everywhere but behind the arc.

That’s why reading people love for FVV and the hate on Cole is comedy at its best.
    What if you like Fred VanVleet AND Cole Anthony?

That’s all true

But let’s not act like guys don’t get good looks anyways. A guy that can knock down a shot will get chances. Even with Payton out there, guys got looks, just rarely made them. He would still put up some points, and give us another guy that has to be guarded. Never a bad thing to have guys that make shots, defend, and make the right pass. That’s all I’m saying
    All I’m saying is that he will be a 2 guard that’s his role to me, put him next to Tre and he will do great. If he has to try and run a team some will probably be disappointed. ESPN scouting report I put up said he was always a 2 guard until last year.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

All I’m saying is that he will be a 2 guard that’s his role to me, put him next to Tre and he will do great. If he has to try and run a team some will probably be disappointed. ESPN scouting report I put up said he was always a 2 guard until last year.
    That’s fine. I don’t disagree. I see him as a Brogdon type, which works just fine for me

He can play PG for stretches, secondary other times, and makes the team better

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    What if you like Fred VanVleet AND Cole Anthony?
    Nothing wrong with that lmao, I’m talking hating on Cole and praising FVV when FVV shoots poorly but from behind the arc. Make no sense and FVV is older and haven’t fixed that issue but willing to pay 22+ for a limited skill set.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

That’s all true

Exactly, no one is selling Hali as the next super star. He's just likely the best player and fit available at 8when it comes to ALL of the skills the Knicks are lacking. I'm not buying that Cole will be so elite at scoring that his lack of D and lack of facilitation will be easily overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Grant is the far better defender and it’s not remotely close. He’s also shot nearly 40% from three on almost 4 attempts a game for two straight years. Wood just started being respectable from three this season and shot 38% on 2.5 attempts a game. On defense/switchability alone and considering he’s doing this against AD and company in the conference finals instead of garbage time on a bad Pistons team I take Grant all day.
    Yeah, problem is sample size with both. We've played this game before. Contract year players 90% of the time do well. VanFleet is valuable, because we've seen him do it for multiple years. Grant is improving but is his truly worth the 16mil a year he'll likely be asking for - will he be worth that to Knicks. Same with Wood - fit, cost, all based on what - half a season? We just need to be careful. NBA is full of potholes and we do need to gamble (same with draft) but IMO Grant seems slightly more sustainable in the role we'd want for him and the role he sees himself. Wood would likely want a bigger role, equal money, based on what + coming from a losing situation...that is more of a gamble to me.

We need a 2 and hali would fit perfect next to rj if we somehow ended up with hali and lewis that would be a homerun