Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 660 of 831 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660661662670710760 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 12454
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Killian Tillie apparently has really serious injury issues, he requires a high level of pain management. I’d prefer going for someone like Jaden McDaniels with that 2nd rounder if he’s still on the board. RJ Hampton would be a steal at 27 but I’ll be shocked if he’s still there. I think Bane or Riller are more realistic at 27 and I like them both.
    If the medicals they receive from him aren't 100% horrendous, he's another high ceiling "risk", that even if he can't move well, will floor as a taller Steve Novak...

I like other guys better then him, but he can shoot it, if they determine adequate availability from what they see in his file, he may still "get right" and pay off long term...

Tough topic to really gauge though...

Comes down to whether recent issues are a "stretch" of injuries/bad luck vs something you can see and reasonably predict is an issue that will never get better, only worse...

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    If the medicals they receive from him aren't 100% horrendous, he's another high ceiling "risk", that even if he can't move well, will floor as a taller Steve Novak...

I like other guys better then him, but he can shoot it, if they determine adequate availability from what they see in his file, he may still "get right" and pay off long term...

Tough topic to really gauge though...

Comes down to whether recent issues are a "stretch" of injuries/bad luck vs something you can see and reasonably predict is an issue that will never get better, only worse...
    I like Tillie. I was targeting him with that second round pick a few months back as well. But once I dug into his injury stuff... he just seems like a guy who may never really have a pro/NBA career unfortunately. I think he’ll bounce around but never really be able to stay on the floor. Sucks but that’s my read on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

RJ Hampton is a bust in the making.

He's playing against kids who would get owned in the Vegas League but arrogant enough to use the term, "Boy."

Not very fast. Won't be driving against kids who are 6'7"-6'8" because 7 footers are rare in New Zealand league but in the NBA where players come from all over the world, this is not a rarity.

Combo guards (Westbrook, Harden, Marbury, Steve Francis, Iverson) are scoring machines but NEVER EVER make the guys around them better. This is why none of them have Championship rings.

Building a Champion 101: Top talent MUST sacrifice shots.

Ex: Walt Frazier first and foremost, Earl Monroe sacrificed his personal numbers so the Knicks could be a better team.

The Knick curse will continue until this franchise learns from history. If you don't learn from history, you're due to repeat it.
    Are we really that far in the draft process that we are criticizing vernacular now?

He can call him whatever he wants, as long as he's on the other team...

That's competitive, as far as "bust", if he gets to us at 27... It'd be tough for him to "underperform" based on most 27th pick status quo...

But when you look back at players who were "missed" in drafts, there is sometimes a valid reason...

Only played well for one year, determined to be a tweener, had a not so great pre-draft college season, bypassed college altogether, limited international scouts, etc...

Limited minutes and efficiency on a vet team in New Zealand fits that bill imo...

By itself it means nothing, but he does show speed, athleticism and length, with handle & passing flashes, with shooting that looks potentially "fixable"...

Worth a shot in late 1st imo

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    Are we really that far in the draft process that we are criticizing vernacular now?

He can call him whatever he wants, as long as he's on the other team...

That's competitive, as far as "bust", if he gets to us at 27... It'd be tough for him to "underperform" based on most 27th pick status quo...

But when you look back at players who were "missed" in drafts, there is sometimes a valid reason...

Only played well for one year, determined to be a tweener, had a not so great pre-draft college season, bypassed college altogether, limited international scouts, etc...

Limited minutes and efficiency on a vet team in New Zealand fits that bill imo...

By itself it means nothing, but he does show speed, athleticism and length, with handle & passing flashes, with shooting that looks potentially "fixable"...

Worth a shot in late 1st imo
    Exactly. Everyone this late in the draft will have question marks. This guy is worth the risk. But we’ll see how the draft plays out.

We need shooters to stretch the floor, but in my opinion we don’t necessarily need to get that in the draft. We can sign someone in FA that can do that. The fact that he’s already working out with mike miller on his shot is encouraging.

I'm rather unimpressed with Hampton. I love his driving ability and quickness but it's all I've seen him do. Here's his international highlight reel. Show me just once where he did something crafty with the bal and got a teammate a layup. Show me him in a pick and roll throwing an oop for someone. Show me something other than him driving by guys who for some strange reason are picking him up at the 3pt line as if he's a threat. He reminds me of a poor mans Simmonds without the passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKlPl7MDqhA&pp=QAA%3D

We don’t need 2 RJs on this team. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I mean we wouldn’t be able to just refer to them as RJ. Gonna be bedlam around here

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Ya it basically means you couldnt get your ish together enough to play d1 basketball.

It's not like you have to do much.

Between knox mitch and dsj, are we treally trying add more low iq players?

Can you see the world through any lens other than your own? I know you haven't bothered to look cause that's probably not your style but Scrubb actually came from a very bad home situation and was extremely lucky to go to college in the 1st place. You talk like everything is black and white. Actually, you talk like you need a friend. Whats up with the constant hate and hostility.....Woossaahhh brotha ..woosaahhh

This draft is so uncertain, it reminded me of the 2011 NBA draft where you had only 3 stand out players: Kyrie Irving #1 then Kawhi Leonard #15, and Jimmy Butler #30.

Of the three, only Kyrie had a successful rookie season. Butler and Leonard needed a little more time to bloom.

That's why I'm not a huge fan of trading down, getting additional picks...and playing the "maybe" game.

Investing in an NBA player is kind of like buying property in New York right now.

MAYBE this fixer upper in East New York, Brooklyn will be worth 3 times as much in 4 years...

MAYBE buying a 200 squre foot apt in the LES will net me a million dollars...

I remember when GM Scott Perry signed former #2 pick Derrick Williams and how that went absolutely NOWHERE.

Go with the sure thing. Do NOT play roulette on a weak draft.

This draft is so uncertain, it reminded me of the 2011 NBA draft where you had only 3 stand out players: Kyrie Irving #1 then Kawhi Leonard #15, and Jimmy Butler #30.

Of the three, only Kyrie had a successful rookie season. Butler and Leonard needed a little more time to bloom.

That's why I'm not a huge fan of trading down, getting additional picks...and playing the "maybe" game.

Investing in an NBA player is kind of like buying property in New York right now.

MAYBE this fixer upper in East New York, Brooklyn will be worth 3 times as much in 4 years...

I remember when GM Scott Perry signed former #2 pick Derrick Williams and how that went absolutely NOWHERE.

Seems you forgot a few players...

Kemba, Klay, Vucevic, Harris, IT. And a bunch of players that have had long, productive careers. Doesn’t seem like that draft was worse than any other recent one

Even had some other nice finds in the second round, with Bojan, Parsons, Bertans
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-20-2020 at 07:55 AM.

If you look at any Thibs teams how many actually had elite shooter and how much burn did they actually get. Thibs teams usually play inside out, using the PG to get to the paint to then kick out or find the nearest cutter.

Butler and Rose didn’t have consistent jumpers either coming out.

Cole is like having a less explosive Rose with a jumper already and not afraid to shoot.
    RJ Hampton if he can work his defense can play the Butler role, also a more willing shooter.
    RJ Barrett can’t be compared to Deng, Deng had a better jumper out of Duke, but RJ is a better playmaker and more athletic .
    Mitch will play the Noah role.

Thibs like fast athletic guards over the slow footed ones who can only shot and not be able to break down the defense and get easy buckets.

Before looking for these floor spacers, still have to understand that Thibs squad were always near bottom in terms of team spacing, pace and 3 pt attempts.

So before looking for these shooter to space the floor, some have to stop reading the stupidity of these writers who are talking about just the player alone but not mention anything on how they work in a Thibs system. Thibs ain’t changing his system he’s already set in his ways, we brought him in to develop players and play defense first.

Also RJ Hampton will be better suited to come off the bench to give you volume shooting if we don’t have that. It’s not like I expect the guy to start, he still needs time to develop and gain weight. Butler didn’t start right away either but year 3.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-20-2020 at 08:41 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

This draft is a development draft from top to bottom.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

You would have to go back to 2006 draft, that **** was pure garbage. Roy had bad knees already so he was already a high risk and that was just me thinking about the 1st round.

The same stupid draft were the Knicks took Balkman over Rondo or Lowry. Same draft that had Lowry backcourt mate at Nova Foye drafted in the top 10
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-20-2020 at 08:37 AM.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    If you look at any Thibs teams how many actually had elite shooter and how many. How much burn did they actually get. Thibs teams usually play inside out, using the PG to get to the paint to then kick out or find the nearest cutter.

Butler and Rose didn’t have consistent jumpers either coming out.

Cole is like having a less explosive Rose with a jumper already and not afraid to shoot.
    RJ Hampton if he can work his defense can play the Butler role, also a more willing shooter.
    RJ Barrett can’t be compared to Deng, Deng had a better jumper out of Duke, but RJ is a better playmaker and more athletic .
    Mitch will play the Noah role.

Thibs like fast athletic guards over the slow footed ones who can only shot and not be able to break down the defense and get easy buckets.

Before looking for these floor spacers, still have to understand that Thibs squad were always near bottom in terms of team spacing, pace and 3 pt attempts.

So before looking for these shooter to space the floor, some have to stop reading the stupidity of these writers who are talking about just the player alone but not mention anything on how they work in a Thibs system. Thibs ain’t changing his system he’s already set in his ways, we brought him in to develop players and play defense first.

Also RJ Hampton will be better suited to come off the bench to give you volume shooting if we don’t have that. It’s not like I expect the guy to start, he still needs time to develop and gain weight. Butler didn’t start right away either but year 3.
    I don’t think there’s necessarily a type he wants. His teams in Minny were not similar to the ones in Chicago. He did have shooters, even Deng and Roses 3pt attempts went up. He just happened to have star players that weren’t shooters.

You need shooters right now. Don’t necessarily need to lead the league, but you need to have enough guys that need to be respected. In the end of the day, you need top level players first. Wouldn’t be mad with getting something anywhere near the quality of Chicago Rose. Although I wonder how effective/valued he would be
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-20-2020 at 09:30 AM.

2020 Draft Thread (Knicks Pick 8th)

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Solid point. It would definitely be confusing and annoying. Pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.