Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 681 of 835 FirstFirst ... 181581631671679680681682683691731781 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,215 of 12518
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Link: https://theknickswall.com/knicks-202...-future-draft/

I don't understand why some Knick fans are so pig headed. A pass first point guard is DESPERATELY needed. Putting a bunch of fantasy stat scorers together NEVER works. Someone has to sacrifice statistically to make the team around them better.
    no one wins with a pass first PG, we have that with Frank already. we need a ball dominant PG that can shoot, go NORTH to south, and break down a defense.

Cole isn't going to have a 30% usage here, and RJ's usage will go down as we get better players around him.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    no one wins with a pass first PG, we have that with Frank already. we need a ball dominant PG that can shoot, go NORTH to south, and break down a defense.

Cole isn't going to have a 30% usage here, and RJ's usage will go down as we get better players around him.
    Ball dominant scoring PGs win when they have another guy there to be a primary, or co-playmaker

Mmmmm what? Magic, Stockton, Jackson, Cp3, Nash, Kidd, Rondo etc etc etc. I would argue the contrary to this statement but it really doesnt matter the game is evolving and what we need is talent at that spot. Whether that is a shooting, ball dominant PG or a pass first PG. We need someone that will help with Mitch and RJ and help bring the best in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Exactly, Knick fans all of a sudden, want to remake the wheel and dig 20 spots down, pass up 3 to 4 other higher rated PG's, just for Cole or Kira. Kira and Cole are not the answer for the Knicks. Kira is a worse floor general than Cole and Cole is nothing to write home about. Neither are very good scoring guards either. No need to overthink this. Ball, Tyrese, or Hayes and if that's not possible, move on to the Okoro's and Vassells of the world.
    Thatís what you did with Knox, Vanderbilt and now Scrubb

You ended up being right, but you did the same thing with Mitchell as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Teams need to ignore these stupid rankings. Herro is by far the 3rd best player of last years class and should have been the pick but since every damn mock had RJ '40/30/60' Barrett, we were pressured into taking him. There is no way RJ would have been the 3rd best player available with that shooting if GMs and scouts did their homework.
    Iím pretty sure it works the opposite way. People that cover the draft get their intel from the league which is part of the reason why everything is so closely aligned. There are a few people out there that scout on their own (DX, Vecenie, Wasserman, and lesser known social media guys), but for the most part I believe this is how it works and even the first three names incorporate feedback from the league.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Teams need to ignore these stupid rankings. Herro is by far the 3rd best player of last years class and should have been the pick but since every damn mock had RJ '40/30/60' Barrett, we were pressured into taking him. There is no way RJ would have been the 3rd best player available with that shooting if GMs and scouts did their homework.
    Did you watch Herro in college?

Letís also stop acting like he was doing this in the regular season, because he wasnít. In fact, he wasnít even the best rookie on his own team.

Prisoner of the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Could this be a sign Knicks will end up with Hali?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Toppin and Vassell are CAA clients also I believe

Initial caveat: This is not a knock on Herro because I think he's going to be very good.

Is anyone a bit suspicious that all of these players who are shooting lights out in the bubble are going to come back down to earth once teams start playing in their home arenas and in front of crowds again? I can't help but notice that some of these players like Earl Warren and to a lesser extent Jamal Murray and Donovan Mitchell who were good but not amazing shooters all of a sudden turned into prime Ray Allen overnight.

Something to watch for next season...

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Thatís what you did with Knox, Vanderbilt and now Scrubb

You ended up being right, but you did the same thing with Mitchell as well.
    I wanted Vandy with a late 1st round, swap w/ Frank, or a second round pick, same with Scrubb. Those aren't reaching all that much to me but I get your point.

I understand that everyone wants that super star guard with the ball in his hands that can get you a bucket but that elite style of player doesn't look like Kira or Cole imo and to be honest, there's only a few guards in this draft that can do that on the level they're playing at now, let alone the NBA.

Which guards are doing elite things at the level they're on now? Ball, Hayes maybe, Hali, Payton P. There are more but their names aren't Cole or Kira.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Toppin and Vassell are CAA clients also I believe
    Toppin is a NY kid and looks ready for NBA I wouldn't mind if Knicks drafted him.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Mmmmm what? Magic, Stockton, Jackson, Cp3, Nash, Kidd, Rondo etc etc etc. I would argue the contrary to this statement but it really doesnt matter the game is evolving and what we need is talent at that spot. Whether that is a shooting, ball dominant PG or a pass first PG. We need someone that will help with Mitch and RJ and help bring the best in them.
    I'm not talking about guys 20-30 years ago, the game has changed.

CP3 & Nash are the exceptions now, but even those guys put up 18-20ppg, they aren't exactly just passers, they are scorers.

Rondo won 10 years ago because he had 3 HOF stars around him.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Ball dominant scoring PGs win when they have another guy there to be a primary, or co-playmaker
    yes no one wins alone that's a given. But teams aren't looking for Payton types, they want shooting, slashing and scoring at PG.

yes no one wins alone that's a given. But teams aren't looking for Payton types, they want shooting, slashing and scoring at PG.
    Thatís what they want, but itís not necessarily what gets it done. You still need a top level distributor there next to guys like that. Lillard canít consistently get it done, despite how good he is. Kyrie canít be that guy, and win, despite how good he is. Trae, while not all his fault, canít even get them close to .500.

Teams win when those guys are co-ball handlers/distributors, not the main guy. Everyoneís all about Murray at the moment, but Jokic is better. I think itís a better setup to have another guy that really does it, with the aggressive scoring guy helping. Worked with Toronto as well. Kawhi trying to do it as the main guy in LA failed

Rather go with a solid all-arounder at PG for now, and upgrade everywhere else. A guy like Cole I can see looking bad, as heís not even as good as those guys. Going to be calling him out for chucking all day. Trying to build a solid guard core that can shoot, defend, and pass will work. Get there first, and keep trying to add the dynamic piece you need
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-24-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Hali may be pass first but it's not like he can't or wont shoot and score in the paint efficiently...

Trae Young is a black hole.

He needs at least 35 shots per game then he gives up the rock in a losing effort. Atlanta, one of the teams thinking about the possibility of drafting LaMelo Ball.

Portland runs a THREE guard starting line up. It's point guard by committee as Damian Lillard, CJ McCallum, and Evan Turner which was why the Trailblazers finished 3rd in the West and made their way to the WCF. The follow season when they went away from it, they finished below .500 and lost in the First round.

Kyrie Irving can't win w/o Lebron James. His former team went further w/o him.

As previously stated Jokic is the ball distributor...Murray is the combo guard.