Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 255 of 937 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355755 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 14046
  1. #3811
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    31,654
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    If im a team and i see the knicks are desperate id take ball at 1 and hold him for a kings ransom
    Yeah because that makes sense. Take a guy you donít want at 1 for the hope to get a ďKings ransomĒ this isnít the NFL that wonít happen.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  2. #3812
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    31,654
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Well you're not factoring in that gsw is coming back healthy

    The pels are going to be a problem

    Mem is getting better

    If kp or luka gets hurt they can free fall out west
    Iím factoring in plenty. Luka would have to miss 40+ games.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  3. #3813
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Iím factoring in plenty. Luka would have to miss 40+ games.
    Even still those picks are likely in the low 20's.

    With the new management Leon Rose has hired I believe the Knicks will take a huge step up in their scouting department. Going forward they should be able to find good pieces at those picks.

    I would try not to give those picks up but at the same time if LaMelo is really the Super Star type which I think he is, he would be more than worth it.

    Ughh
    All they had to do was lose a couple more games but what ever man. This team can not get out of its own way...

  4. #3814
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    898
    Last Year the Wizards were the 6th worst team in the NBA and ended up picking 9th.

    Knick fans need to be ready.
    This could absolutely happen to the Knicks and its more likely the Knicks pick 9th than pick 3rd or even 5th.
    If the Knicks pick 9th there is likely nothing they could do to get LaMelo.
    Get Cole or Deni and call it a day.

  5. #3815
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Last Year the Wizards were the 6th worst team in the NBA and ended up picking 9th.

    Knick fans need to be ready.
    This could absolutely happen to the Knicks and its more likely the Knicks pick 9th than pick 3rd or even 5th.
    If the Knicks pick 9th there is likely nothing they could do to get LaMelo.
    Get Cole or Deni and call it a day.
    Itís not more likely that the Knicks pick 9th at all.

    The odds of picking 9th are 4%. The odds of picking 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are about 9% each, or like 37-38% collectively.

    You are right in one respect - there is 0% we pick 5th unless we somehow resume the season and move down to the 5 spot.

  6. #3816
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Itís not more likely that the Knicks pick 9th at all.

    The odds of picking 9th are 4%. The odds of picking 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are about 9% each, or like 37-38% collectively.

    You are right in one respect - there is 0% we pick 5th unless we somehow resume the season and move down to the 5 spot.
    Don't come at me with your math and probability :-P

    Its better to set low expectations then exceed them then to have high expectations and be devastated when you drop down.

    Where do you find the rules and odds for the new lottery?
    How is it they can possibly pick 1-4 but 0% at 5?

    Edit:
    This is all I can find:

    The new system will level the odds at the top of the NBA Draft Lottery so that the teams with the three worst regular-season records will each have a 14 percent chance of winning the lottery. In the pre-2019 structure, the top seed had a 25 percent of winning the lottery, the second seed had a 19.9 percent and the third seed had a 15.6 percent.
    The odds for the remaining participants in the 14-team lottery will be reduced gradually after the top three. For instance, the difference in lottery odds between the first three seeds (14 percent) and the fourth seed (12.5 percent) will be 1.5 percent. The difference between the fourth seed and the fifth seed (10.5 percent) will be 2 percent, and the difference between the fifth seed and the sixth seed (9 percent) will be 1.5 percent.
    After drawings are conducted for the first four picks of the NBA Draft, the other lottery teams will continue to pick in inverse order of their regular-season record.
    Last edited by SK6; 05-25-2020 at 10:58 AM.

  7. #3817
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,690
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    adding Heild & Ball would be a haul. Heild is a good younger vet.

    It could happen if we get lucky enough to draft Ball without giving up assets. Then we could offer SAC, Knox, + a couple of 1st's.
    this would be amazing, hope our luck changes, would love these two on our team

  8. #3818
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Itís not more likely that the Knicks pick 9th at all.

    The odds of picking 9th are 4%. The odds of picking 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are about 9% each, or like 37-38% collectively.

    You are right in one respect - there is 0% we pick 5th unless we somehow resume the season and move down to the 5 spot.
    They already started a mini training camp we coming back bro now lets hope we learned our lesson and we just lose out

  9. #3819
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,564
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Don't come at me with your math and probability :-P

    Its better to set low expectations then exceed them then to have high expectations and be devastated when you drop down.

    Where do you find the rules and odds for the new lottery?
    How is it they can possibly pick 1-4 but 0% at 5?

    Edit:
    This is all I can find:

    The new system will level the odds at the top of the NBA Draft Lottery so that the teams with the three worst regular-season records will each have a 14 percent chance of winning the lottery. In the pre-2019 structure, the top seed had a 25 percent of winning the lottery, the second seed had a 19.9 percent and the third seed had a 15.6 percent.
    The odds for the remaining participants in the 14-team lottery will be reduced gradually after the top three. For instance, the difference in lottery odds between the first three seeds (14 percent) and the fourth seed (12.5 percent) will be 1.5 percent. The difference between the fourth seed and the fifth seed (10.5 percent) will be 2 percent, and the difference between the fifth seed and the sixth seed (9 percent) will be 1.5 percent.
    After drawings are conducted for the first four picks of the NBA Draft, the other lottery teams will continue to pick in inverse order of their regular-season record.
    They canít pick 5th because the lottery is only for picks 1-4. Thereís no way to move up to 5. Teams move back in the order if other teams move up into the 1-4 slots which is why the Knicks can pick as low as 10th although it is highly unlikely. The way it played out last year was super unlikely also, so weíll see.

  10. #3820
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    They canít pick 5th because the lottery is only for picks 1-4. Thereís no way to move up to 5. Teams move back in the order if other teams move up into the 1-4 slots which is why the Knicks can pick as low as 10th although it is highly unlikely. The way it played out last year was super unlikely also, so weíll see.
    So basically if you don't move into the top 4 you're sliding back in the same order of your standing?
    So if 4 teams miraculously jumped up from 1-4 Knicks would pick 10th.
    If just 2 teams that lottery odds landed behind the Knicks jump up to get 2 of those slots Knicks would be picking 8th?
    Well hopefully that doesn't happen.
    Last edited by SK6; 05-25-2020 at 03:22 PM.

  11. #3821
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,183
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    So basically if you don't move into the top 4 you're sliding back in the same order of your standing?
    So if 4 teams miraculously jumped up from 1-4 Knicks would pick 10th.
    If just 2 teams that lottery odds landed behind the Knicks jump up to get 2 of those slots Knicks would be picking 8th?
    Well hopefully that doesn't happen.
    Basically the furthest the team with the worst record can slide is pick 5. Thatís how it was for the Knicks last year. 52% of a Top 4 pick, and 48% of getting the 5th pick. The remaining teams in the Top 5 make up the rest of the %. Thatís why we have a 0% chance of picking 5th.

    Weíre actually more likely to get any of the Top 4 picks (9-9.8% each) than we are picking 6th (8.6%). We have a 50% chance of picking 7th or 8th. 9th is unlikely (3.7%) and 10th is damn near impossible (0.1%). If somehow we get the 10th pick, all hell must break loose lol
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-25-2020 at 03:53 PM.

  12. #3822
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Basically the furthest the team with the worst record can slide is pick 5. Thatís how it was for the Knicks last year. 52% of a Top 4 pick, and 48% of getting the 5th pick. The remaining teams in the Top 5 make up the rest of the %. Thatís why we have a 0% chance of picking 5th.

    Weíre actually more likely to get any of the Top 4 picks (9-9.8% each) than we are picking 6th (8.6%). We have a 50% chance of picking 7th or 8th. 9th is unlikely (3.7%) and 10th is damn near impossible (0.1%). If somehow we get the 10th pick, all hell must break loose lol
    Thanks for the break down.
    Most likely picking 7th or 8th then.
    If we jump up I'll be pleasantly surprised.

  13. #3823
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,153
    Since we all know that we will pick 10th, I would start there and not dream of a Ball who was on a circus ride the last 3 years being our savior.
    `

  14. #3824
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,183

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Thanks for the break down.
    Most likely picking 7th or 8th then.
    If we jump up I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Yeah basically. It would help if we can jump over the Hawks or Pistons, but the latter is probably gonna lose out. Maybe the Wolves and Cavs can get some wins.

  15. #3825
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,564
    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •