Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 359 of 803 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 12034
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I'm worried about deni's defense and his position he might be to slow for the 3 and to weak for the 4

I however might take a chance on him if we fall to 8
    I donít think heís slow or weak for either, honestly. Thatís the plus to him, especially if heís going to shoot the 3 well

I doubt heís going to be there at 8
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-16-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít think heís slow or weak for either, honestly. Thatís the plus to him, especially if heís going to shoot the 3 well

I doubt heís going to be there at 8
    I'm not 100% sold on his shot his free throw percentage is horrendous

If itís even better than his size says it should be, itís even more of a plus. Thatís like saying ďdoesnít matter if heís 6í7 or 6í9, heís still bigĒ

They always mention when players have impressive wingspans. If it doesnít matter, why talk about it

If Ball was 3 inches shorter, he wouldnít be getting nearly as much hype. We would be talking more about question marks, and flaws
    The only wingspan measurement I could find was from a Forbes article that said it was 6í10Ē. That same article had his height from last year though (6í6Ē) so Iím assuming the wingspan measurement was from last year as well. Heís since grown to about 6í7Ē-6í8Ē, so itís possible that his wingspan might be slightly longer now - maybe a half an inch to a full inch.

Yeah I would not assume our pick will be 8. Only about 20% of that happening. Yet, there is a 36% of finishing top 4.

I'm not 100% sold on his shot his free throw percentage is horrendous
    Also wasnít on many attempts. If you take stock on his improvement since the return, heís shooting 41% from 3, 72% FT on decent volume

So I guess it depends on how sold you are on the post- break Deni

Imo, LaMelo, Deni and Edwards are by far the best Guard/Forward prospects in this draft. I think those 3 are on a higher level than anyone else prospect wise.

If the Knicks get 1 of those 3 I'll be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Yeah I would not assume our pick will be 8. Only about 20% of that happening. Yet, there is a 36% of finishing top 4.
    Knicks never go up but I guess you can keep hoping. One day they might.
    I think the lottery is a way for the NBA to control where Elite level players go.
    Just like Stern gave us Patrick Ewing.
    The NBA gave Chicago Rose, Cavs LeBron and then when Bron left gave the Cavs multiple chances to replace LeBron.
    The Lottery system is a way for the NBA to steer guys like Zion to small markets like New Orleans right when Anthony Davis is about to leave as a FA.
    Guys like Morant to Memphis, etc.

I don't really believe in conspiracy theory's so don't try to pull that card on me but there is way too much smoke for there not to be a fire somewhere.

The NBA is notorious for steering games and the winners of Play Off series so why wouldn't they also steer the Top talent in the league for their perceived benefit?
    Last edited by SK6; 07-16-2020 at 12:52 PM.

If itís even better than his size says it should be, itís even more of a plus. Thatís like saying ďdoesnít matter if heís 6í7 or 6í9, heís still bigĒ

They always mention when players have impressive wingspans. If it doesnít matter, why talk about it

If Ball was 3 inches shorter, he wouldnít be getting nearly as much hype. We would be talking more about question marks, and flaws
    more is always better, i'm saying it's not going to sway my opinion on him b/c it doesn't have a big impact on his game.

if you want to give me Okogwu's wingspan i'd be interested, b/c he's a 6'9 defensive player and if he has a huge wingspan it will certainly help him guarding the rim and opposing C's.

Balls height for a PG is impressive b/c it helps him see over everyone. wingspan isn't going to affect his game unless it's to an extreme on either spectrum, which it isnt.

Take the BPA. Don't fall victim to the need for a PG. If there is a better prospect there, take him. Not like we'll be passing on Magic Johnson anyway.

I keep going back and forth with Deni. Some days, I like him. Other days, I'm like meh. I like his motor, he seems like a nice kid and a hard worker. I just don't see a lot of pure basketball talent. He is not overly skilled. He kind of reminds me Andres Nocioni, who got by on overworking guys. But we can't be too picky at 6-8. This is not a good draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Take the BPA. Don't fall victim to the need for a PG. If there is a better prospect there, take him. Not like we'll be passing on Magic Johnson anyway.

I keep going back and forth with Deni. Some days, I like him. Other days, I'm like meh. I like his motor, he seems like a nice kid and a hard worker. I just don't see a lot of pure basketball talent. He is not overly skilled. He kind of reminds me Andres Nocioni, who got by on overworking guys. But we can't be too picky at 6-8. This is not a good draft class.
    I agree with some of this. I like Deni but I wonít be surprised if heís basically a role player in the NBA. Could be a good role player but I donít really see a star.

For me at 7 or 8 I really would not be mad at picking Nesmith or Saddiq Bey. At least with them you know youíre getting a legit three point motion shooter with legit size for an NBA wing. We desperately need legit three point threats on this team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I agree with some of this. I like Deni but I wonít be surprised if heís basically a role player in the NBA. Could be a good role player but I donít really see a star.

For me at 7 or 8 I really would not be mad at picking Nesmith or Saddiq Bey. At least with them you know youíre getting a legit three point motion shooter with legit size for an NBA wing. We desperately need legit three point threats on this team as well.
    Yea I probably take Nesmith over deni

Yea I probably take Nesmith over deni
    Itís just hard to look past the guy shooting 50% from three on 8.5 attempts a game. A prospect like that is something we never seem to add to our rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Itís just hard to look past the guy shooting 50% from three on 8.5 attempts a game. A prospect like that is something we never seem to add to our rosters.
    Heís also considered limited value, because heís more a 3/D type. Shooters are nice, but so are guys that can do more

Deni has the ability to be more a playmaking type, and has good size. Thatís why heís going higher. Risk/reward is there.

Want that guy, proven on the pro level, go sign Joe Harris right now
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-16-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Heís also considered limited value, because heís more a 3/D type. Shooters are nice, but so are guys that can do more

Deni has the ability to be more a playmaking type, and has good size. Thatís why heís going higher. Risk/reward is there.
    Agreed, Deni can simply do a lot more than Nesmith. Deni is a multi skilled player. I like Nesmith a lot but would not take him over Deni. I would take the top PGs over Nesmith as well.

Deni will be gone by 7 anyway...

Feel like top 6, in some order will be

Edwards
    Ball
    Wiseman
    Deni
    Hayes
    Okongwu