Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 655 of 799 FirstFirst ... 155555605645653654655656657665705755 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,825 of 11979
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Fournier has a PO@17mil if he opt out he will get over 20mil.

Heís staying in Orlando even if he opts out. Orlando isnít letting him go.
    i mean they don't have a choice if he wants to leave.

He could opt out for a longer deal, 4/72m or so.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Yeah he could opt in if no other options present itself. It depends what the Magic want to do. I know the team plays faster and looser without Vucevic and Fournier than with them. Those 2 tend to slow the pace which doesnít work for Faultz, Bamba, Isaac and Gordon.

If they let him go they will have to move Vucevic to keep the young players and play faster. Clifford has to see what type of team he wants. You have the vets who slow the pace and the young players who play uptempo and fast. Itís a odd group that makes the playoffs somehow.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

Fournier gets you buckets he would work with Thibs slow half court game. His only issue is he is a high usage player on the team why his numbers are high, 22% or higher 23.9% last year.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-18-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

He stinks no thanks

Edit stinks is a strong word he just needs the ball in his hands and is just awful on defense
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Just draft Anthony and Hampton to fill out the guard spots. Mike Miller has been working with Hampton on his jumper all summer Iíll take the chance he can be a 2 guard.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Just draft Anthony and Hampton to fill out the guard spots. Mike Miller has been working with Hampton on his jumper all summer Iíll take the chance he can be a 2 guard.
    I'll take my chances with Hali and Scrubb.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Fournier is a solid player, can shoot/score. And Iím betting he doesnít cost what FVV will cost. Especially considering you wonít have to overpay a lot to make him want to leave, and make his team let him go without a fight

Fournier is a better shooter, and a better player than THJ
    I'd rather give Iggy a small contract and an opportunity to turn into a Fournier type of scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I'd rather give Iggy a small contract and an opportunity to turn into a Fournier type of scorer.
    Thatís a bit of a reach, isnít it?

Iíd like a guy like Iggy to be a good shooting, efficient 18ppg scorer too. But I donít think thatís stopping us from getting players now...
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-19-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Thatís a bit of a reach, isnít it?

Iíd like a guy like Iggy to be a good shooting, efficient 18ppg scorer too.
    It's definitely a reach when your team won't even get you minutes on the court and your coach chooses to play a guy leaving in 2 months in Harkless

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    It's definitely a reach when your team won't even get you minutes on the court and your coach chooses to play a guy leaving in 2 months in Harkless
    Guy is a rookie from the G league. Looked terrible even in the limited time he did get. He will play if heís ready

Was he going to come in and score 15 a game already? Iím not sure exactly what we are talking about here. We shouldnít sign an NBA starting-caliber player, because we have Iggy?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-19-2020 at 08:30 AM.

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    Iím with ya pal.
    And if Hampton donít drop, maybe they canít trade up to grab him.

Guy is a rookie from the G league. Looked terrible even in the limited time he did get. He will play if heís ready

Was he going to come in and score 15 a game already? Iím not sure exactly what we are talking about here. We shouldnít sign an NBA starting-caliber player, because we have Iggy?
    I think you're missing the point. His opinion was to give Iggy a chance as opposed to once again stacking aging just above average talent in front of him only to win a few more games, get a worse draft pick, and youth develops slower. Actually, that's my point.

Oops..
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-19-2020 at 08:54 AM.

I think you're missing the point. His opinion was to give Iggy a chance as opposed to once again stacking aging just above average talent in front of him only to win a few more games, get a worse draft pick, and youth develops slower.

What is wrong with letting your kids play when you're rebuilding? Forget play, how about getting a real opportunity. Iggy is likely one of the more efficient payers on the roster and you have to have stronger arguments than, he's a G-league'r. So what. He's talented.
    I get that. But itís crazy to say we shouldnít go get talent now, because we want to sit and wait 3-4 years to see what we have.

Again, that all stems from knowing we will never see this team totally be ok with sucking, and waiting years for these guys we have to possibly be something. And even if they do, thereís no guarantee the team gets good.

Go sign players, as long as youíre not stuck with a roster, capped out, with no ways to improve. Thereís literally no talent on this roster Iíd feel really good about being something. Signing a couple of good, young-ish starters isnít stopping kids from getting minutes. They will play if they deserve it.

I also find it odd he wants to go that route with a decision like that, yet heís all for getting Paul, Drummond, Wiggins, keeping Randle, etc..
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-19-2020 at 08:56 AM.

I get that. But itís crazy to say we shouldnít go get talent now, because we want to sit and wait 3-4 years to see what we have.

Again, that all stems from knowing we will never see this team totally be ok with sucking, and waiting years for these guys we have to possibly be something. And even if they do, thereís no guarantee the team gets good.

Go sign players, as long as youíre not stuck with a roster, capped out, with no ways to improve. Thereís literally no talent on this roster Iíd feel really good about being something. Signing a couple of good, young-ish starters isnít stopping kids from getting minutes. They will play if they deserve it.
    I like EFs game and he's the kind of player that makes sense if the cost is right. This shouldn't be about Iggy anyway considering EF pays the 2/3 and Iggy is a sneaky stretch 4 with skills, strength, and craftiness. These two are in a different category. EF and RJ could switch seamlessly. I like it. Not opposed to this at all. I really like his game.
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-19-2020 at 09:00 AM.

I like EFs game and he's the kind of player that makes sense if the cost is right. This shouldn't be about Iggy anyway considering EF pays the 2 and Iggy is a sneaky stretch 4 with skills, strength, and craftiness. These two are in a different category.
    Thatís fair. Youíre much higher on Iggy than I am, but thatís accurate

But basically, I want to put a legit, not completely talent deficient 3 guys around Mitch and RJ, and see what we have. Thatís my main concern. Ruining the tank we wonít complete anyway isnít important. Letís maximize the players we have already picked. If RJs not at least a near-star level guy, letís find out sooner than later
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-19-2020 at 09:01 AM.