Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 651 of 804 FirstFirst ... 151551601641649650651652653661701751 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 12052
    The point is, there's no reason for Phoenix to take back Portis at $15M when they're supposedly trying to clear cap space.

And we don't need to include Portis in the trade to absorb Oubre since we have cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    The point is, there's no reason for Phoenix to take back Portis at $15M when they're supposedly trying to clear cap space.

And we don't need to include Portis in the trade to absorb Oubre since we have cap space.

They have cap room to be honest more than we have, they have 21.2 or something like that.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

If they Suns get FVV and that’s a damn stretch how they expect to rid of Rubio and his 17mil.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Pretty sure you cannot do that. If you trade a player with an option for the upcoming season, I think that option must be picked up.

I still don’t think Phoenix trades a #10 pick to free up 15M
    Yea if thy want Chris Paul I am sur OKC would take Oubre and 10 but Phoenix would still need to move more salary. Would NO take Oubre and 10 for Jrue Holiday. Could Phoenix take Jrue without moving more than Oubre? How about signing FVV to a max? Can Phoenix sign FVV without moving salary? If the answer is no I believe they attach the 10th pick to move salary. The goal is to win not to add more young players. I think they are looking for a FVV level player to add opposed to a rookie. We are assuming they are looking for a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    You can but it still doesn’t guarantee it only certain ones, Portis probably does, but they don’t have any backup center PF on there roster either if they chuck Frank. They still need a backup for Ayton if they want to rid of Oubre. So keeping him isn’t really that bad for them.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/...or-202021.html
    That link says nothing about trading the player/contract.

And if they have to keep Portis, then what’s the point of the deal for them? They are actually adding salary, giving up a much better player AND a lottery pick?

Sign me up for that

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Yea if thy want Chris Paul I am sur OKC would take Oubre and 10 but Phoenix would still need to move more salary. Would NO take Oubre and 10 for Jrue Holiday. Could Phoenix take Jrue without moving more than Oubre? How about signing FVV to a max? Can Phoenix sign FVV without moving salary? If the answer is no I believe they attach the 10th pick to move salary. The goal is to win not to add more young players. I think they are looking for a FVV level player to add opposed to a rookie. We are assuming they are looking for a PG.
    Why would NO do that? They don’t need more picks, don’t need forwards. And they may wind up looking to keep Jrue. I’m sure they are expecting to start making the playoffs

That link says nothing about trading the player/contract.

And if they have to keep Portis, then what’s the point of the deal for them? They are actually adding salary, giving up a much better player AND a lottery pick?

Sign me up for that
    I think the Suns rumor is true. But what I think is being left out is that they want something back in the deal.

It's not a simple salary dump. I know for a while there they were very interested in Frank.

I wonder if that is enough to get a deal done with a future pick.

Oubre and 10

For

Frank and Dallas pick

That's probably more like it.

Suns get to make a huge offer for FVV.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    ehhh I mean it's not ideal but wingspan isn't that important for an offensive PG.

Trae Young has a 6'2 wingspan and is dominating the league, CP3 is one of the greatest pG's of all time and he has Trex arms. Steph Curry WS is 6'3... You could go on and on.

Might hurt him a bit on D but it's really not a big deal and it won't be the reason for his success or failure.
    Yeah people are acting like the kid didn't average 19ppg. That's hard to do on a bum knee and all of your teammates are trash.

His teammates inability to help him on the offensive end i would say is why he was inefficient. He had to force a lot of shots and fight through double teams all game.

Cole Anthony is going to be really good in the NBA... Really good.

In other news... I wonder if this means that Knox and Randle will stay?
    Trying to break Randle from his predictable spin moves and get Knox to keep his head up and eyes on the rim when driving to the rack.

http://twitter.com/J30_RANDLE/status...09806643437570

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Yeah people are acting like the kid didn't average 19ppg. That's hard to do on a bum knee and all of your teammates are trash.

His teammates inability to help him on the offensive end i would say is why he was inefficient. He had to force a lot of shots and fight through double teams all game.

Cole Anthony is going to be really good in the NBA... Really good.

In other news... I wonder if this means that Knox and Randle will stay?
    Trying to break Randle from his predictable spin moves and get Knox to keep his head up and eyes on the rim when driving to the rack.

http://twitter.com/J30_RANDLE/status...09806643437570
    I call Buuuullssshhiiiii...Look at the difference in Morris's game being on the trash Knicks vs a good team with players that spread the floor. People go back and forth with statements like this. Before it was "so and so is only getting numbers cause he's on a trash team" ..now, it's "he would put up much better numbers if he played with better talent"? Come on now.. His opportunities are going way down regadless of who he plays for next yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I think the Suns rumor is true. But what I think is being left out is that they want something back in the deal.

It's not a simple salary dump. I know for a while there they were very interested in Frank.

Oubre and 10

For

Frank and Dallas pick

When I first read the rumor it had nothing to do with the Knicks it was just Phoenix trying to move Oubre and 10th pick to get a more established player or make room for one..

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post

Oubre and 10

For

Frank and Dallas pick

I’d do that then steal fvv from them lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    Cole can be Jamaal Murray shooting + Kyle Lowry passing with Derrick Rose drives....

That's his TRUE offensive ceiling now that he's healthy again...
    I'm scared he might jump ahead of us with the draft being pushed back and most likely now having workouts

I dont see how anyone wouldn't want cole after seeing what murray is doing right now

Idc if hayes is d lo murray is far superior then d lo

Why would NO do that? They don’t need more picks, don’t need forwards. And they may wind up looking to keep Jrue. I’m sure they are expecting to start making the playoffs
    Just examples

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I'm scared he might jump ahead of us with the draft being pushed back and most likely now having workouts

I dont see how anyone wouldn't want cole after seeing what murray is doing right now

Idc if hayes is d lo murray is far superior then d lo
    That's what I'm concerned about, the more i see and read of Cole, when he shows up for that virtual workout session, teams are going to recognize he's the player that was competing for Lamelo for #1 overall, not the hindered version of himself he showed at UNC...

Detroit is prob biggest threat to take him...

Could be the 1 pick away repeat of Curry draft...

Other concern is our own FO doesn't recognize what they see and picks a "safer" "fit" role player

If Cole's draft stock goes up again, there goes your chances of even drafting him which will not surprise me