Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 818 of 818 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818
Results 12,256 to 12,264 of 12264
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    We could absolutely take Maxey at #8. And I'd bet on Maxey not being there if we dropped as far as #14.

This is not the draft to drop back and take your chances that your guy will be there later. Kira could go #10 to the Suns. Maxey could go to the Spurs, Kings or Pelicans.

You think you know how this draft is going to unfold but you don't. There was a report this morning that Pat Williams is likely going to be off the board before the Knicks pick. No one would've thought that a day ago.

Get your guy. It's as simple as that. If Maxey or Okoro or Vassell are our guys, then just take them at #8. Don't play games.
    Iím 99% sure Okoro will be long gone by 8

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Iím 99% sure Okoro will be long gone by 8
    If the top 3 go as expected (LaMelo, Edwards, Wiseman, in some order) and the next two picks are Deni and Toppin in some order, then I could easily see Okoro drop to 8.

I don't think the Hawks would pick Okoro when he is similar to Hunter, and their biggest need is shooting. I would bet on them looking at Haliburton, with an outside chance at Okoro, Vassell and even Nesmith. The Pistons also need a PG or a big, so I would think that Haliburton, Hayes, and Okongwu are at the top of their draft board at that spot.

Iíd be willing to bet that our pick is one of Okoro, Hayes or Vassell.

If the top 3 go as expected (LaMelo, Edwards, Wiseman, in some order) and the next two picks are Deni and Toppin in some order, then I could easily see Okoro drop to 8.

I don't think the Hawks would pick Okoro when he is similar to Hunter, and their biggest need is shooting. I would bet on them looking at Haliburton, with an outside chance at Okoro, Vassell and even Nesmith. The Pistons also need a PG or a big, so I would think that Haliburton, Hayes, and Okongwu are at the top of their draft board at that spot.
    As someone wanting a point guard at 8, my concern is Halliburton and Hayes are picked just before us (after Ball of course). It would seem there is then another tier of PGs (Hampton, Lewis, Anthony even) which would perhaps encourage trading back. Or I guess taking an Okoro, Toppin, whoever falls. Or an SG/SF. What do I know!

I still believe cole is an option at 14 or 15 but right now my top 4 at 8 is

Obi
    Hali
    Vassell
    Okoro

Sad day, starting to come to terms that we will not get Cole Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Sad day, starting to come to terms that we will not get Cole Anthony.
    Don't say that two things can happen

1 he could slip to 27
    2 us not being interested could be a smokescreen but at 14 through 18 if we trade back

Agreed. If Okoro isnít there, then Hayes will be. The top-5 seems solidified or at least like thereís starting to be a consensus. That leaves two teams picking before the Knicks with Haliburton, Hayes and Okoro on the board.

Most have Haliburton going before Hayes, so that leaves Hayes or Okoro to the Knicks. Of course Vassell, Maxey, Hampton and Lewis will be options as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Agreed. If Okoro isnít there, then Hayes will be. The top-5 seems solidified or at least like thereís starting to be a consensus. That leaves two teams picking before the Knicks with Haliburton, Hayes and Okoro on the board.

Most have Haliburton going before Hayes, so that leaves Hayes or Okoro to the Knicks. Of course Vassell, Maxey, Hampton and Lewis will be options as well.
    Iíd love if Hayes fell to us. I think heís a great option for us