Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 826 of 937 FirstFirst ... 326726776816824825826827828836876926 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,390 of 14046
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Zach Harper on NBA Radio just reporter Daryl Morey is now with Philadelphia 76ers and Stephen Silas is the Rockets new coach... the bad news is they are reporting that Houston says they have received serious interest in Russell Westbrook in a package that would include Julius Randle and the Knicks #8 pick in exchange for Westbrook.

Wow!

All this draft talk for nothing... oh well, who we got at #27 🥴

Russ / DSJ
    RJ / Frank
    Knox / Iggy
    FA 4 / #27 pick(Jalen Smith or Poku)
    Mitch / Wooten

I'm not too optimistic about that team but I guess Leon Rose gets his star and Thibs gets his workhorse point guard who gets to the rim like Derrick Rose. Out of any other player in the NBA... Westbrook is most like D.Rose
    If thatís true, disregard my above statement. I have to believe that is nonsense..

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Zach Harper on NBA Radio just reporter Daryl Morey is now with Philadelphia 76ers and Stephen Silas is the Rockets new coach... the bad news is they are reporting that Houston says they have received serious interest in Russell Westbrook in a package that would include Julius Randle and the Knicks #8 pick in exchange for Westbrook.

Wow!

All this draft talk for nothing... oh well, who we got at #27 🥴

Russ / DSJ
    RJ / Frank
    Knox / Iggy
    FA 4 / #27 pick(Jalen Smith or Poku)
    Mitch / Wooten

I'm not too optimistic about that team but I guess Leon Rose gets his star and Thibs gets his workhorse point guard who gets to the rim like Derrick Rose. Out of any other player in the NBA... Westbrook is most like D.Rose
    Russ ain't going nowhere this year, maybe next year if they flame out again. They will give the new coach an opportunity to see what he can do with both players on their squad. Hopefully after a full season with whoever we draft and sign in FA we will no longer be interested in Russ.

Seems like more "lets add the Knicks to bolster the price" or "lets involve Knicks for clicks"

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    They project him to be a good shooter. Thatís the scouts not me.
    They project him to be an ok shooter what makes him special is his size and speed his ceiling is a quicker luka but it's still a gamble no guarantee he reaches that level

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Russ ain't going nowhere this year, maybe next year if they flame out again. They will give the new coach an opportunity to see what he can do with both players on their squad. Hopefully after a full season with whoever we draft and sign in FA we will no longer be interested in Russ.
    Man I hope your right... I'm not all the way against getting Russ but not if it involves our #8 pick... The guys on NBA radio were talking as if it would be a great situation for the Knicks because they are saying how bad this draft is and the Knicks would only be giving up a role player at best at #8 and Randle for a Hall of Fame point guard who averaged 27ppg 8assists last season. They aren't considering the fit. I remember Oladipo looked horrible next to Westbrook when he was in OKC and I see RJ as a bigger stronger version of Oladipo.

I'd rather take a chance with Kira at #8
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 10-28-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    They project him to be an ok shooter what makes him special is his size and speed his ceiling is a quicker luka but it's still a gamble no guarantee he reaches that level
    Who Deni or Poku?

If heís an ok shooter, heís a star, maybe a superstar. His physical tools, and skills are that good

If you told me heíll be an ok shooter, like say low 30s from 3 on good volume, Iíd be trying real hard to get that pick right now. Thatís what Luka is now, and look at him

Who Deni or Poku?
    Ball

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

If heís an ok shooter, heís a star, maybe a superstar. His physical tools, and skills are that good

If you told me heíll be an ok shooter, like say low 30s from 3 on good volume, Iíd be trying real hard to get that pick right now. Thatís what Luka is now, and look at him
    Agreed and I have no doubt he'll be a good player but you still need a team around him if we can get him without giving up the farm im all in but even luka aint winning by himself

If it came down to it I'm giving up the dal picks before mitch and yall know how much I value that pick but mitch is gonna be special man

Frank knox 8 27 dal pick and absorb Wiggins

Ball
    Rj
    Wiggins
    Gallo
    Mitch

Hopefully rj and ball can figure out ther shot

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    If you keep moving players for new players all your really doing is making a collection of players, not really building a team. Mitch and RJ are building blocks, you put players around them to build chemistry, with chemistry you get wins, with wins you attract stars.

This **** you guys are doing equal more sorry *** losing, so who is your team, who are your untouchables. If you donít have any untouchable then you donít have a team.

Canít keep swapping out players for new players in the hope that someone will pan out. Mitch and RJ are player you build around to start the process of building a team. If the players have no real floor time together then the outcome will still be ****. We saw that this year what happens when you want to bring in 6-8 new players that have never played with each other.

Someone mentioned Gobert I think he was drafted #27 by Denver and Utah didnít trade up they traded for his rights. I think it was the #47 pick and cash.

Donovan Mitchell was traded, but it was after Denver made the selection. That was for Trey Lyles and the 24th pick. So this isnít like they made the trade prior and literally selected him.

Building the right way means literally having untouchables, you know those you canít afford to move. When are you guys going to have continuity if you keep trading everyone ?

We arenít a storied franchise for winning like the Lakers and Celtics that can attract star players. Building a team starts with a collection of players who have chemistry and can grind out wins without a star, the Nets did that for 3-4 years why they ended up with KD and Kyrie. The team already had an identity and style they like to play. The Knicks donít have any of that, but some people swear that by the name alone and the city these players will flock here, to what exactly? The organization is trash, they havenít had stability or know what continuity is for 20+ years. They donít even have a style of play, remember new FO and coach again. That takes a couple of years to develop but somehow itís like trying to beat tried and true logic that building on the fly with no legit star will let us crack playoffs ? Why because we have Leon Rose and Thibs common thatís a lot of hope riding on non players.
    Totally agree. I think that continuity starts at the top. You need someone with a longterm plan that will be here for more than 3 years. We keep going through these 3 year cycles where a new FO comes in and coaches are fired, players are traded, rosters completely change.

Thatís why I wish we had hired a real GM instead of Rose. We need someone with experience of building a team. I wish we had hired Jerry West somehow.

I hope rose proves me wrong. We need to just keep this team together and form some sort of identity. I know we donít have much, but hopefully we get lucky in the draft and maybe pick up a good free agent to add to our core.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Seems like more "lets add the Knicks to bolster the price" or "lets involve Knicks for clicks"
    yep, every season, never fails, Knicks involved in every player available somehow.

Whenever Knicks are legitimately involved in a deal that is terrible, You won't hear about it until it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

I think heíll be a mid 30% 3 point shooter easy imo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Agreed and I have no doubt he'll be a good player but you still need a team around him if we can get him without giving up the farm im all in but even luka aint winning by himself

If it came down to it I'm giving up the dal picks before mitch and yall know how much I value that pick but mitch is gonna be special man

Ball
    Rj
    Wiggins
    Gallo
    Mitch

I'm absolutely down for doing that to go get Lamelo because Wiggins is still young and good friends with RJ from their Canadian AAU days and keeping Mitch is a must. Gallo would also be the perfect big to put in the locker room and on the floor as a shooter. Vet experience but not too outspoken because Lamelo will eventually be the leader in that scenario.

You know with all the scenarios we as Knicks fans have thrown around and all the mock drafts.... I still want Cole Anthony at #8 period!
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 10-28-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Ball
    Rj
    Wiggins
    Gallo
    Mitch

GS never considers making that move. They get worse AND lose the salary slot they need to possibly trade for a star

Man I hope your right... I'm not all the way against getting Russ but not if it involves our #8 pick... The guys on NBA radio were talking as if it would be a great situation for the Knicks because they are saying how bad this draft is and the Knicks would only be giving up a role player at best at #8 and Randle for a Hall of Fame point guard who averaged 27ppg 8assists last season. They aren't considering the fit. I remember Oladipo looked horrible next to Westbrook when he was in OKC and I see RJ as a bigger stronger version of Oladipo.

I'd rather take a chance with Kira at #8
    So would I