Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 825 of 937 FirstFirst ... 325725775815823824825826827835875925 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 14046
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    that could mean alot of things, it could precisely mean the trade I mentioned. and yes, i clearly said SWAP #8 for #12 with SAC could be another option in that 3 team trade.

We know Rose thinks very highly of 2 top guys in this draft, i'm sure Ball is one of those guys. we could absolutely take a bad contract to help move up to get him.
    Hey if the trade gets us Ball and #12 I would be onboard with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    And I have said many times in previous posts I am ok with taking Wiggins to move up.

I even came up with a great Ball trade that I kept posting.

Mitch and Frank for Wiggins and Ball.

There have been reports GS was interested in both Mitch and Frank, so we give them two players who fit their team really well. Then take on Wiggins horrid contract as well.

Where I started disagreeing with Ball trade proposals were trades that included a lot of Knick picks.
    i like my trade better. We don't take Wiggins, we take Barnes or Joseph instead, we keep Frank. instead we lose the #27 and the DAL '21.

If we're giving Mitch & Frank I don't think we have to take Wiggins, or at the very least they should take Randle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Yup, taking on a bad contract to move up is improving/adding an asset. I donít understand why thatís difficult to understand.

Begley has also said numerous times including just yesterday on a podcast that thereís too much smoke around the Knicks wanting to trade up for Ball to rule it out.
    Exactly. A trade up where we end up with #2 and take on salary would fit within both of Begley's recent reports that we're willing to take on salary and we're looking to trade up.

If the deal is centered around us or another team taking on Wiggins' contract, I think the key will be finding a third team that can provide "value" for Wiggins' salary slot. Ideally GSW would use Wiggins' salary to trade for a star, but maybe a star really isn't possible at this point so they'd settle for something less.

Sacramento and Buddy Hield is one example where they could dump Wiggins' salary and still get an useful player from his salary slot. I'm not sure who else would fit that mold.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i like my trade better. We don't take Wiggins, we take Barnes or Joseph instead, we keep Frank. instead we lose the #27 and the DAL '21.

If we're giving Mitch & Frank I don't think we have to take Wiggins, or at the very least they should take Randle as well.
    We are taking on Wiggins so we just have to give up Mitch and Frank. Without Wiggins we have to give up picks.

The only trade I like better than mine is the one where we get Ball and #12.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 10-28-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Buddy Hield has a red flag in there...we're just not seeing it outside of Sacramento. IF he was that valuable, he would have been moved by now...and Scott Perry worked for the Kings for a very limited time, why wouldn't he use his connections? But he hasn't. There has to be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Nobody knows if lamelos shot is good lol your reaching like usual
    They project him to be a good shooter. Thatís the scouts not me.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

ICYMI: There's more obvious reasons to be excited about Desmond Bane in the NBA, but don't sleep on his potential role as a secondary/tertiary creator.

@DBane0625 spoke to me about how he worked on this part of his game, + much more on the latest KFS Pod:
    https://t.co/liGMEnMKMo https://t.co/gt3MpiWg9j

-Jon Macri

What a bargain pick he would be at 27...

If you keep moving players for new players all your really doing is making a collection of players, not really building a team. Mitch and RJ are building blocks, you put players around them to build chemistry, with chemistry you get wins, with wins you attract stars.

This **** you guys are doing equal more sorry *** losing, so who is your team, who are your untouchables. If you donít have any untouchable then you donít have a team.

Canít keep swapping out players for new players in the hope that someone will pan out. Mitch and RJ are player you build around to start the process of building a team. If the players have no real floor time together then the outcome will still be ****. We saw that this year what happens when you want to bring in 6-8 new players that have never played with each other.

Someone mentioned Gobert I think he was drafted #27 by Denver and Utah didnít trade up they traded for his rights. I think it was the #47 pick and cash.

Donovan Mitchell was traded, but it was after Denver made the selection. That was for Trey Lyles and the 24th pick. So this isnít like they made the trade prior and literally selected him.

Building the right way means literally having untouchables, you know those you canít afford to move. When are you guys going to have continuity if you keep trading everyone ?

We arenít a storied franchise for winning like the Lakers and Celtics that can attract star players. Building a team starts with a collection of players who have chemistry and can grind out wins without a star, the Nets did that for 3-4 years why they ended up with KD and Kyrie. The team already had an identity and style they like to play. The Knicks donít have any of that, but some people swear that by the name alone and the city these players will flock here, to what exactly? The organization is trash, they havenít had stability or know what continuity is for 20+ years. They donít even have a style of play, remember new FO and coach again. That takes a couple of years to develop but somehow itís like trying to beat tried and true logic that building on the fly with no legit star will let us crack playoffs ? Why because we have Leon Rose and Thibs common thatís a lot of hope riding on non players.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    ICYMI: There's more obvious reasons to be excited about Desmond Bane in the NBA, but don't sleep on his potential role as a secondary/tertiary creator.

@DBane0625 spoke to me about how he worked on this part of his game, + much more on the latest KFS Pod:
    https://t.co/liGMEnMKMo https://t.co/gt3MpiWg9j

-Jon Macri

What a bargain pick he would be at 27...
    Yeah just listened to this whole interview, seems like a good kid, good head on his shoulders. Heís been top of my board at 27 for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yeah just listened to this whole interview, seems like a good kid, good head on his shoulders. Heís been top of my board at 27 for months now.
    I just wonder if he will last to 27. Thankfully, this long wait will be over soon.

Hornets Reportedly Willing To Trade Up For James Wiseman https://t.co/MAi6RSwnXK https://t.co/iVlETsZc1y

Ian Begley
    @IanBegley
    Kira Lewis Jr.'s workout is one of 10 in-person workouts Knicks have attended/will attend, sources confirm. Several teams project Lewis Jr. much higher than the mid-to-late 1st-round pick he's been in some mock drafts; CHA watched James Wiseman in person:

note on the Knicks and the 2020 NBA Draft: New York recently saw former Alabama point guard Kira Lewis Jr. work out in person, SNY sources confirm.

Lewis, one of the top point guards in the draft, had previously interviewed with the Knicks over a Zoom call, as SNY reported.

New York also has spoken to American point guard LaMelo Ball, French point guard Killian Hayes and former Iowa State point guard Tyrese Haliburton over Zoom calls.

It is unclear if the Knicks have attended in-person workouts for Ball, Haliburton or Hayes.

That they saw Lewis in person tells you that they have strong interest in him. Teams can only make 10 pre-draft visits to work players out.

So far I like what Iím hearing all around. Supposed players were are interested in drafting, direction we are looking to go, things we are interested in pursuing..

Cautiously optimistic

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Zach Harper on NBA Radio just reporter Daryl Morey is now with Philadelphia 76ers and Stephen Silas is the Rockets new coach... the bad news is they are reporting that Houston says they have received serious interest in Russell Westbrook in a package that would include Julius Randle and the Knicks #8 pick in exchange for Westbrook.

Wow!

All this draft talk for nothing... oh well, who we got at #27 🥴

Russ / DSJ
    RJ / Frank
    Knox / Iggy
    FA 4 / #27 pick(Jalen Smith or Poku)
    Mitch / Wooten

I'm not too optimistic about that team but I guess Leon Rose gets his star and Thibs gets his workhorse point guard who gets to the rim like Derrick Rose. Out of any other player in the NBA... Westbrook is most like D.Rose