Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 705 of 819 FirstFirst ... 205605655695703704705706707715755805 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,575 of 12271
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    The Heat have better than average talent, though. They have 2 all star level guys, and a bunch of other very nice players.
    They also have shooters

The Heat have better than average talent, though. They have 2 all star level guys, and a bunch of other very nice players.
    Decent players nothing special. Look at the numbers close then click individually on each. They are average, Butler shot under 30% from behind the arc this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    They also have shooters
    No they donít, Duncan Robinson is a Steve Novak, he shot more than anything behind the arc nothing more than a 1 dimensional player.

Crowder is a career 34% behind the arc and last year on over 5 attempts was 29%. Leonard never was a high attempt volume shooter behind the arc and from the field and Olynyk is the same and both are big men.

Dragic, Herro and Dunn are your only shooters that arenít one trick ponies. Herro was only 43% fg 39% 3pt and Dunn 44% fg 35% 3pt. Wouldnít really call that world class shooters. Was more luck than anything.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-28-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

I cant wait to see hayes in the combine scouts said the kid is slow and he has a bad shot hopefully he proves them wrong if hayes can really shoot I wouldn't mind him even tho I really want cole lol

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Decent players nothing special. Look at the numbers close then click individually on each. They are average, Butler shot under 30% from behind the arc this year.

No they donít, Duncan Robinson is a Steve Novak, he shot more than anything behind the arc nothing more than a 1 dimensional player.

Crowder is a career 34% behind the arc and last year on over 5 attempts was 29%. Leonard never was a high attempt volume shooter behind the arc and from the field and Olynyk is the same and both are big men.

Dragic, Herro and Dunn are your only shooters that arenít one trick ponies. Herro was only 43% fg 39% 3pt and Dunn 44% fg 35% 3pt. Wouldnít really call that world class shooters. Was more luck than anything.
    Jimmy Butler is definitely more than ďdecentĒ. Do decent players usually make multiple all star teams, and consistently obviously improve teams when they arrive? Jimmy also is a guy whoís impact is far greater than the numbers say. Heís about winning, thatís it. Iíve always considered him a fringe top 10 guy. And heís never been a 3pt shooter. And Bam is a young point center with top level defense. Another grade A winning-type player.

And you conveniently disregard Robinson, who despite being ďone trickĒ is a lethal shooter.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-28-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Jimmy Butler is definitely more than ďdecentĒ. Do decent players usually make multiple all star teams, and consistently obviously improve teams when they arrive? Jimmy also is a guy whoís impact is far greater than the numbers say. Heís about winning, thatís it. Iíve always considered him a fringe top 10 guy. And Bam is a young point center with top level defense. Another grade A winning-type player. And you conveniently disregard Robinson, who despite being ďone trickĒ is a lethal shooter.

Do you always evaluate players on numbers only?
    Iím not taking away from Butler, Iím just pointing out he stopped attempting for behind the arc this season or Bam.

Just laying out facts about the shooting as being normal nothing great on the team itself. If you watched Knicks basketball wtf was Novak then ? His 2 years on the Knicks was lethal shooting at a high volume of 5 or more a game.

Just pointing out what it is, Okoro has the same Butler style and RJ improves 3% from behind the arc he is a 35%. If Knox and Frank got more burn and attempts they could reach that 35% themselves. Now your just selling your own team short all 3 of those players were 32% from behind the arc.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-28-2020 at 04:23 PM.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Iím not taking away from Butler, Iím just pointing out he stop attempting for behind the arc this season or Bam.

Just laying out facts about the shooting as being normal nothing great on the team itself. If you watched Knicks basketball wtf was Novak then ?
    Never been Butlers game, so why even mention it. Hasnít slowed him down at all, heís still been one of the best 2 way players in the league. Bam is on the way to stardom, not slowing him at all either

And Robinson was on the floor for near 30 minutes a game in the regular season and playoffs, shooting 40% or better from 3. When has Novak done that?

I just donít get this idea that ďoh, this guys a Butler, or a Kawhi, or whoeverĒ

No, they very likely wonít be anywhere near those guys. How many from each draft become perennial all-stars? And these days, the guys that canít shoot and are great players are the exception, not the norm. You see it less and less. Thatís like saying ďguards donít need to be able to shoot, because Dwayne Wade couldnít, and look at himĒ. The odds a guy becomes that are beyond slim. Iíd rather go for guys that come already with the skills we need
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-28-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Never been Butlers game, so why even mention it. Hasnít slowed him down at all, heís still been one of the best 2 way players in the league. Bam is on the way to stardom, not slowing him at all either

And Robinson was on the floor for near 30 minutes a game in the regular season and playoffs, shooting 40% or better from 3. When has Novak done that?
    So tell me whatís the ****ing problem with Okoro then when he shows the same tendencies of playing the game like Butler. We have young kids who all have the ability to improve and shot over 35% from behind the arc, so why all the **** talk about shooters when there job professionally is to improve there games.

Just seems to me your all for replacing everyone like the other failed FOís just kinda laying that out there as the way you rub me off. One minute itís one thing then itís another like some flip flop. Do you want the players we have to improve to that level or replace them donít be scared just say it.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

So tell me whatís the ****ing problem with Okoro then when he shows the same tendencies of playing the game like Butler. We have young kids who all have the ability to improve and shot over 35% from behind the arc, so why all the **** talk about shooters when there job professionally is to improve there games.

Just seems to me your all for replacing everyone like the other failed FOís just kinda laying that out there as the way your rub me off. One minutes itís one thing then itís another like some flip flop. Do you want the players we have to improve to that level or replace them donít be scared just say it.
    See the rest of the reply..

And what I said has zero to do with what we have now. Was more in response to you downplaying the Heats talent. They have several guys multiple levels above anything we have. Expecting us to quickly get guys on Butler or Bams level is beyond wishful thinking. I mean Bam is like a smarter, better, better offensive version of Mitch that can handle and pass like a guard

I mean youre downplaying Herro. He played on RJs level, whoís our best hope. And heís not even one of their top 3-4 players. Even a 36 year old Dragic is much better than any player we have

Thereís zero flip flop. Like I said, guys that canít shoot and are game changers are few and far between these days. And then they still sometimes get exploited. I donít like the idea of drafting a guy and assuming heís going to be Jimmy ******* Butler. Those odds arenít good. Can we go with a guy who can already shoot/score the damn ball?

And I donít want to get rid of everyone. I want to take away the excuses. Think a guy needs a defined role, and certain types of players around him? Well letís go get them, and give the guy a chance to do what he does, and where heís comfortable. Itís what Iíve wanted all along
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-28-2020 at 04:56 PM.

And what I said has zero to do with what we have now. Was more in response to you downplaying the Heats talent. They have several guys multiple levels above anything we have. Expecting us to quickly get guys on Butler or Bams level is beyond wishful thinking. I mean Bam is like a smarter, better, better offensive version of Mitch that can handle and pass like a guard

I mean youre downplaying Herro. He played on RJs level, whoís our best hope. And heís not even one of their top 3-4 players. Even a 36 year old Dragic is much better than any player we have

Thereís zero flip flop. Like I said, guys that canít shoot and are game changers are few and far between these days. And then they still sometimes get exploited. I donít like the idea of drafting a guy and assuming heís going to be Jimmy ******* Butler. Those odds arenít good. Can we go with a guy who can already shoot/score the damn ball?

And I donít want to get rid of everyone. I want to take away the excuses. Think a guy needs a defined role, and certain types of players around him? Well letís go get them, and give the guy a chance to do what he does, and where heís comfortable. Itís what Iíve wanted all along
    THIS. All of this.

The previous Front Office NEVER secured a franchise player. RJ is not it. They just took what's available and secured, "assets." The new Front Office is weighing risk vs reward in this draft. Is it worth trading up to secure the foundation of the Knicks or in the tradition of Knicks basketball, just stand pat and draft who's available, which is a quality player but not one that moves the needle.

Just seems to me your all for replacing everyone like the other failed FOís just kinda laying that out there as the way you rub me off. One minute itís one thing then itís another like some flip flop. Do you want the players we have to improve to that level or replace them donít be scared just say it.
    The problem is that he is a total brick layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Well our team needs defense just as bad as shooting and Okoro is the best defender in the draft while id love to add a shooter at 8 like cole hali or Vassell I wouldn't hate Okoro

However I wouldn't expect to much out of him his first year

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Well our team needs defense just as bad as shooting and Okoro is the best defender in the draft while id love to add a shooter at 8 like cole hali or Vassell I wouldn't hate Okoro

However I wouldn't expect to much out of him his first year
    Thatís true. We need defense. But more than that, we need offensive talent that fits, and letís us see what other guys can do on offense. So we arenít here watching a whole team of guys bricking open jumpers, and crying about spacing

Butler is a star
    Bam is a star
    Dragic is an above average starter
    Duncan Robinson is a lights out shooter you can call him whatever you want 45% on over 8 attempts. 13-3-3 as a 5th option is pretty awesome.
    Hero is a beast off the bench. Crowder and iggy are solid defensive minded guys and crowder can hit an open shot and has played well. Butler had a bad shooting year from 3 more flukey. Heís a lot closer to 35 than the 25 he shot this year. Heís also 20-6.7-6 on 45% from the field while playing elite defense. Miami has a very good underrated team.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The problem is that he is a total brick layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Okoro's shot isnt just bad, its horrendously bad. Its ugly as heck.

I have confidence he will work hard as heck to get it better, but it's a long ways away.

And that's a big issue despite being good at everything else.

Justice Winslow Noah vonlehs, and many others would be phenominal nba players if they had a good 3 pt shot. But it never happened. Okoro could easily be the same story.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 09-28-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Jimmy Butler is definitely more than ďdecentĒ. Do decent players usually make multiple all star teams, and consistently obviously improve teams when they arrive? Jimmy also is a guy whoís impact is far greater than the numbers say. Heís about winning, thatís it. Iíve always considered him a fringe top 10 guy. And heís never been a 3pt shooter. And Bam is a young point center with top level defense. Another grade A winning-type player.

And you conveniently disregard Robinson, who despite being ďone trickĒ is a lethal shooter.
    Butlers easily a top 10 player to me. If butler was in LA with Leonard instead of PG theyíre in the finals this year
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331