Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 702 of 825 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712752802 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 12374
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    what a run by Miami, Iggy & Smart both playing the whole 4th quarter for their defensive versatility., two pretty bad offensive players. for anyone that thinks Frank can't have a role in this league.
    Marcus scored 20 3 times in that series. Iggy had 15 tonight and was 4 for 4 from 3 tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Well wise edwards obi I can understand they're projected top 5 picks but guys like cole Nesmith are just head scratchers
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Unless you consider shooting the only NBA skill set, Okoro has the best NBA skill set in the draft except for maybe LaMelo and Edwards.

The lack of shooting might disqualify him from our big board given that is the issue we need to fix most, but I think youíre all downplaying the other stuff Okoro brings.
    This is basically what I was trying to get at.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Marcus scored 20 3 times in that series. Iggy had 15 tonight and was 4 for 4 from 3 tonight

Now do Jae Crowder.

If your 6í6 and you canít shoot you donít have an NBA skill set.

After watching Herro and White this year Iím even more convinced in this spot you have draft someone that can play. I like Haliburton

Youíre basically prioritizing shooting over everything else which is fine, but not being good at one thing doesnít eliminate everything else that the player is good at.

I get where youíre coming from and we generally agree. This isnít Kevin Knox who doesnít know how to play basketball but gets drafted because of physical attributes. I think thatís an entirely different thing than what Okoro is.

Okoro is no different than the Celtics taking Brown, Spurs taking Kawhi, Bulls taking Butler, Miami taking Winslow and being willing to trade four first rounders to do so. These are all good basketball players that are lacking one thing. The Heat and Celtics, two teams that we cite a lot in terms of emulating literally built their teams with guys that fit the profile of Okoro. You can add Toronto to that also.

If being a guard and not being able to shoot was an indication that a player doesnít have an NBA skill set, how do you view Morant and Fox...or the players I just named before they could shoot.

Again, I would not take Okoro personally, but I get the logic behind wanting to take him.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Youíre basically prioritizing shooting over everything else which is fine, but not being good at one thing doesnít eliminate everything else that the player is good at.

I get where youíre coming from and we generally agree. This isnít Kevin Knox who doesnít know how to play basketball but gets drafted because of physical attributes. I think thatís an entirely different thing than what Okoro is.

Okoro is no different than the Celtics taking Brown, Spurs taking Kawhi, Bulls taking Butler, Miami taking Winslow and being willing to trade four first rounders to do so. These are all good basketball players that are lacking one thing. The Heat and Celtics, two teams that we cite a lot in terms of emulating literally built their teams with guys that fit the profile of Okoro. You can add Toronto to that also.

If being a guard and not being able to shoot was an indication that a player doesnít have an NBA skill set, how do you view Morant and Fox...or the players I just named before they could shoot.

Again, I would not take Okoro personally, but I get the logic behind wanting to take him.
    And quite frankly, were not good enough at any position where we should be passing on players who we think are really good, for lesser players just to fill a position.

I just think getting guys who can legitimately sleep as d the court is needed for our players development.

But theres other ways to get those kinds of players too, besides the 8th pick.

2020 Draft Thread (Knicks Pick 8th)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Now do Jae Crowder.

he didnít play the full 4th quarter. He did hurt his team with horrible shooting the last couple games.

Last edited by ewing; 09-27-2020 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...c-okoro-1.html
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...n-brown-1.html

They were quite similar in college. Brown shot it more from mid-range, Okoro attacked. Okoro has a fundamental understanding for playmaking and not holding on to the ball. His skills are quite interesting if Bryant can develop consistency out of his jumper I can see why scouts think he has one of the highest ceiling in this draft. Brown went top 5 and he had his flaws. Okoro has better defense, handle and playmaking than Brown did coming out.

I like Vassell if his job is defense and just shooting, but he doesnít create for others at the moment thatís a easy fix with time. I think both are neck and neck Vassell had a extra year in college and improved, Okoro has a higher ceiling with the ability to cover up to 4 spots due to his speed and strength..

Itís pretty much a toss up, if both show up for workouts it will come down to that.
    If we draft Okoro we better trade knox

Those guy all could shoot a little. Look at this guy trying to shoot. His elbow is sticking straight out and he didnít make any shots

Hard pass

https://youtu.be/LeLEFn5wVss

Last edited by ewing; 09-27-2020 at 11:53 PM.

Those guy all could shoot a little. Look at this guy trying to shoot. His elbow is sticking straight out and he didnít make any shots

Hard pass

https://youtu.be/LeLEFn5wVss

No they couldnít. They were in the same boat especially Brown, Kawhi, Morant, Winslow and Fox.

Iíll give you Butler.

Honestly, how do you critique his form but want Haliburton? That makes no sense. Youíre then going to say because it went in and my reply will be that his went in as much as all of the players I named when they were in college.

We agree with our preference for Vassell, just donít get the downplaying of Okoro.
    Last edited by smood999; 09-28-2020 at 12:20 AM.

No they couldnít. They were in the same boat especially Brown, Kawhi, Morant, Winslow and Fox.

Iíll give you Butler.

Honestly, how do you critique his form but want Haliburton? That makes no sense. Youíre then going to say because it went in and my reply will be that his went in as much as all of the players I named.
    We saw Ja just last year. He didnít shoot like that.

He shot 2 jumpers a game and shot 30% on them. Most them totally unguarded.

JA hit almost as many 3s as he attempted jump shots.

Last edited by ewing; 09-28-2020 at 12:27 AM.

he scored 20 because he took 22 shots...he shot horribly all series, really he's shot horribly his entire career...lol, but when you're playing with Kemba, Brown, Haywood & Tatum, teams are gonna let you shoot all day and he does. he's on the court for his D not for his offense.

Iggy averaged 3.8ppg on 29% shooting in the series yet still played 30mpg.\

and yes crowder is another, 11.7ppg (really just had 1 good offensive game) on 35/24/54 shooting but played over 33mpg b/c of his defense.

so many intriguing PG options, Cole, Lewis, Maxey, Terry, Hali, Hayes even Nico...

Terry is a guy we should be in on, high IQ and lethal shooting, and reportedly now 6'3. I'm fine taking two PG's TBH.
    Get a 3&D shooting guard with #8 Nesmith or Vassell and get Terry or Cassius Winston at #27. I'm telling you Cassius Winston is Kyle Lowry 2.0

Some of these posts are trying to sound like the Knicks can turn it around by playing 4-D chess. Hiding from reality.
    The Knicks need a MASSIVE talent blood fusion and organ transplant in order to return to being a contender.

he scored 20 because he took 22 shots...he shot horribly all series, really he's shot horribly his entire career...lol, but when you're playing with Kemba, Brown, Haywood & Tatum, teams are gonna let you shoot all day and he does. he's on the court for his D not for his offense.

Iggy averaged 3.8ppg on 29% shooting in the series yet still played 30mpg.\

and yes crowder is another, 11.7ppg (really just had 1 good offensive game) on 35/24/54 shooting but played over 33mpg b/c of his defense.
    Heís still a guy that scores some points. Put up 14/5/5. 5 20 pt games overall. He can do some damage.

Iguodala didnít play 30 minutes in one game. Barely played in a bunch of them. Besides, letís not use him in comparison to certain other defense only younger players. Heís there for his experience. And despite his role now, he can still hit big shots for you

Yes, thereís roles out there for defensive guys, no one ever said there wasnít.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-28-2020 at 08:33 AM.