Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 701 of 820 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711751801 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 12291
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    His defensive awareness/rotations are bad, he really canít switch onto anyone outside of PGs and he struggles to stay in front of them.

If he can get his three ball back up to like 35% on 5+ attempts a game that would be big for him but he just looked really really bad last year. Think itís going to be a long road back if he can get there.
    Spacing hurt him alot and injuries he was never a great shooter but with proper spacing you can't keep him out of the paint

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    A lot of draft boards has Okoro as the BPA over Vassell, all scouts think Okoro is the best defensive player in this draft. His offense can develop over time.

Like I said I was high on Vassell and didnít look into Okoro much until his name kept being mentioned on why his defense was considered the best in this draft. I also have to take into consideration that developing an offense is easier than defense especially his defensive abilities.
    I donít see how you can definitively say that itís more likely that itís easier for a guy who lacks offensive ability to develop that end, more than an offensive guy to get better defensively.

Iíd opt for a good offensive player that has tools/athletic ability to at least get to a passable level of defense right now. Thereís plenty of defensive minded role players that never panned out offensively like itís thought they would. And donít we sit here every day and talk about how Frank isnít appreciated here, his fundamentals and defense only would be better suited elsewhere? Why draft more guys that potentially are the same?

This league is offensive based, without top level scorers, you have no chance. Makes more sense for us to go for guys that slant to the offensive side right now
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-27-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Iím just going off by what a lot of scouts are thinking and saying. Iím just now watching his film more to see for myself, I already said many time that I liked Vassell for what he can do.

Question is does Thibs give 2 ***** about what any of use think, compared to what he wants ? Just to much with Okoro names floating around now more than anything.
    Again, I think it's very possible the okoro stuff is a smoke screen.

I dont think thibs cares what we want, but he and rose are smart enough to know how badly we need shooters and how much it will help our guys develop.

I also did see somewhere where thibs mentioned adding 3 point shooting would be a major emphasis.

I still think pg in the draft and stretch 4 in free agency is the goal here.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Again, I think it's very possible the okoro stuff is a smoke screen.

I dont think thibs cares what we want, but he and rose are smart enough to know how badly we need shooters and how much it will help our guys develop.

I also did see somewhere where thibs mentioned adding 3 point shooting would be a major emphasis.

I still think pg in the draft and stretch 4 in free agency is the goal here.
    That is easily the best strategy for us. I mean itís not rocket science here

Cole isn't participating in the combine i wonder if a team made him a promise

Ball is participating hopefully he does bad so he falls 😏

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Cole isn't participating in the combine i wonder if a team made him a promise
    A lot of prospects arent participating for whatever reasons. Seems odd tbh.

Obi, wiseman, cole, nesmith, bey

what a run by Miami, Iggy & Smart both playing the whole 4th quarter for their defensive versatility., two pretty bad offensive players. for anyone that thinks Frank can't have a role in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    A lot of prospects arent participating for whatever reasons. Seems odd tbh.

Obi, wiseman, cole, nesmith, bey
    Well wise edwards obi I can understand they're projected top 5 picks but guys like cole Nesmith are just head scratchers

for all of you guys who wanna just give our picks away

Bam was a late first

Herro was 14th pick

Duncan was undrafted

Those guys are going to the finals without overpaying role players

I also wonder if bos offers one of their first to take haywards contract they desperately need an elite big man bam killed them

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I also wonder if bos offers one of their first to take haywards contract they desperately need an elite big man bam killed them
    Ya bam smacked the hell out of them and everyone else just worked off him, well played gam me by mia, the whole damn roster was on fire.

Really shows, the importance of proper court spacing.

And agreed, ainge has done a great job, but at some point they gotta cash in and go for it for real.

Read that the cavs are open to trading 5, and that pretty much their whole roster is avail for trade.

I guess they didnt like the way sexton/Garland looked together.

Not a lot of big name free agents in this draft, but this off season really could be crazy. I think it may be one if the craziest trade wise we have seen in a very long time.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...c-okoro-1.html
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...n-brown-1.html

They were quite similar in college. Brown shot it more from mid-range, Okoro attacked. Okoro has a fundamental understanding for playmaking and not holding on to the ball. His skills are quite interesting if Bryant can develop consistency out of his jumper I can see why scouts think he has one of the highest ceiling in this draft. Brown went top 5 and he had his flaws. Okoro has better defense, handle and playmaking than Brown did coming out.

I like Vassell if his job is defense and just shooting, but he doesnít create for others at the moment thatís a easy fix with time. I think both are neck and neck Vassell had a extra year in college and improved, Okoro has a higher ceiling with the ability to cover up to 4 spots due to his speed and strength..

Itís pretty much a toss up, if both show up for workouts it will come down to that.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

Iím looking at the bottom half of the draft at PG, maybe even hoping they move the 27 and future first via Dallas to grab 14 and grab a PG thatís dropping.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan