Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 699 of 820 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701709749799 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,485 of 12287
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    But he DOES finish at the rim in the paint and he does it at a very efficient and high level.
    I'm talking about in the nba and he rarely attacks the rim not saying he can't but with 1 year of conditioning he might look like a different player and one of the best out of this draft

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    DSJís offense is much more problematic than his defense IMO. I see more flashes on him playing good defense when heís motivated.
    He does have instances where he's good yes but most of the time he's rose bad

You must not have seen dsj play before he is one of the best at attacking the rim and his mid range is OK and he has a nice handle

Much of his problems were spacing and injuries just look up his dal stats and when he first got here he put up numbers he's never had a problem scoring

Dsj is aweful on defense and sucks on offense too.

He has top level ability, he can get some buckets, but he doesnt know how to use any of his abilities to actually be a good player. He has zero understanding of tempo.

He doesnt have a clue how to set up a defense, he just wants to blow by everyone.

Dal was smart to dump him while they could, and before he really got exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Dsj is aweful on defense and sucks on offense too.

He has top level ability, he can get some buckets, but he doesnt know how to use any of his abilities to actually be a good player. He has zero understanding of tempo.

He doesnt have a clue how to set up a defense, he just wants to blow by everyone.

Dal was smart to dump him while they could, and before he really got exposed.
    You act like he wasnít averaging 18 ppg in dal and around the same here

His defense is rose bad thats why

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post

Again Iím hoping he can turn it around and am rooting for him but heís always been a questionable decision maker and last two seasons heís shooting like 28% from three, trending in the wrong direction and that form is ****ed up. You remember seeing his shot this year right? It clearly needs fixing.

2020 Draft Thread (Knicks Pick 8th)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I was going to say, I did see some instances he was capable of defending. Not on a regular basis, but it was there
    Yeah I thought he looked good defensively when he was engaged. I know steals arenít a great measure of defense, but he had some big steals games that led to easy fast breaks. His worst traits are his decision-making, carelessness with the ball, and shooting. He also wasnít as aggressive attacking the basket. His defense is good enough if he can fix his offense.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I thought he looked good defensively when he was engaged. I know steals arenít a great measure of defense, but he had some big steals games that led to easy fast breaks. His worst traits are his decision-making, carelessness with the ball, and shooting. He also wasnít as aggressive attacking the basket. His defense is good enough if he can fix his offense.
    His defensive awareness/rotations are bad, he really canít switch onto anyone outside of PGs and he struggles to stay in front of them.

If he can get his three ball back up to like 35% on 5+ attempts a game that would be big for him but he just looked really really bad last year. Think itís going to be a long road back if he can get there.

Okoro is the one who closely resembles Iggy, Butler, Brown and Justice in terms of size, weight, height and wingspan and with the defensive chops coming out. They all had to develop there offensive game also. I know some people want the shooters first.

If Thibs has any input it would be for Okoro over Vassell. I like Vassell but if Thibs is trying to build in the mold of Riley then it will be Okoro he can guard 3 positions already.

Iím just looking at how Thibs got Butler and Riley chose Winslow. Thibs said he needs shooters to do what he wants, but his priority is on building the best defense possible. I donít blame him either, I prefer the best defensive players. Just going by some interviews I had to change the thought process.

It looks like PG is not a high priority for Thibs with the 8 pick. Vassell seems to be dropping the same way as Cole also. On most draft boards Okoro is BPA for the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post

I dont care about averaging 18 on a terrible team.

He averaged 18 but dal still knew he sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Okoro is the one who closely resembles Iggy, Butler, Brown and Justice in terms of size, weight, height and wingspan and with the defensive chops coming out. They all had to develop there offensive game also. I know some people want the shooters first.

If Thibs has any input it would be for Okoro over Vassell. I like Vassell but if Thibs is trying to build in the mold of Riley then it will be Okoro he can guard 3 positions already.

Iím just looking at how Thibs got Butler and Riley chose Winslow. Thibs said he needs shooters to do what he wants, but his priority is on building the best defense possible. I donít blame him either, I prefer the best defensive players. Just going by some interviews I had to change the thought process.

It looks like PG is not a high priority for Thibs with the 8 pick. Vassell seems to be dropping the same way as Cole also. On most draft boards Okoro is BPA for the Knicks.
    If we dont draft a PG at 8 that pretty much means Frank is starting this year, love him or hate him.

Personally Iím still very open to Kira/Cole/Terry at 8, or if Hayes is there grab him. But I like Vassell too... taking a guy who canít shoot at 8 is risky imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    If we dont draft a PG at 8 that pretty much means Frank is starting this year, love him or hate him.

Personally Iím still very open to Kira/Cole/Terry at 8, or if Hayes is there grab him. But I like Vassell too... taking a guy who canít shoot at 8 is risky imo.
    Frank is already penciled in to start. Iím fine with that, he does facilitate and set up an offense fine, he plays better defense than any PG in this draft and is only 1-2 years older than most. If his job is to move the ball, set up and pass then it means he will be placed in the corner for 3ís which is his strength.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Frank is already penciled in to start. Iím fine with that, he does facilitate and set up an offense fine, he plays better defense than any PG in this draft and is only 1-2 years older than most. If his job is to move the ball, set up and pass then it means he will be placed in the corner for 3ís which is his strength.
    If we didnít have RJ Iíd be more open to Okoro. But I really do believe we have to go for volume three point snipers in this draft, there are actually a lot of them. This team desperately needs that, if they can play defense all the better. But I want snipers. Will make the game much easier for the team as a whole

If we didnít have RJ Iíd be more open to Okoro. But I really do believe we have to go for volume three point snipers in this draft, there are actually a lot of them. This team desperately needs that, if they can play defense all the better. But I want snipers. Will make the game much easier for the team as a whole
    It could be a smoke screen that we want okoro.

Rose was thibs agent, and that's the main reason thibs came to NY, because he knew he would have say in the roster.

So it's not like this kind of info would leak unless they wanted it to most likely.

But who the hell knows, it's no secret that okoro looks like the kind of player thibs would love.

2020 Draft Thread (Knicks Pick 8th)

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Hali would be damn good at volleyball, you ever see the way he slaps the ball around when he tries to dribble it?
    Heís very comfortable with the ball. Spencer Dinwiddie has a high handle. He also lives in the paint and would be a star if he was a better jump shooter. He reminds me of Malcolm Brogden. Heís a smart solid combo guard. He might not be a dynamic play maker but I donít know if there will one to take instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Idk they will probably sign Kirk Hinrich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.