Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 693 of 819 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703743793 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,395 of 12271
    Okoro’s probably BPA at #8 but also maybe one of the worst fits between RJ and Mitch (aside from maybe Toppin).

I’d be fine with the pick, but Tommy T. and the boys would have their work cut out for them. There’s also no way you could play Randle at the 4 in a lineup with RJ, Okoro and Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Okoro’s probably BPA at #8 but also maybe one of the worst fits between RJ and Mitch (aside from maybe Toppin).

I’d be fine with the pick, but Tommy T. and the boys would have their work cut out for them. There’s also no way you could play Randle at the 4 in a lineup with RJ, Okoro and Mitch.
    Yea id love cole or hali but I wouldn't be mad at Okoro or Vassell either our team has so many wholes we just need elite talent

If we take Okoru we gotta get Cole, Terry, Lewis or Nico later on.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    If we take Okoru we gotta get Cole, Terry, Lewis or Nico later on.
    If we could get Okoro and trade back up for cole or Lewis id be very happy

Okoro would be a Thibs pick, his defense is playable right away. Still is a 2-3 year project on his offense, but if paired with Frank the defense in the back court would be outstanding.

Since defense is a priority I would make this pick, Okoro, Frank and Mitch the defense would be a drastic improvement under Thibs.

Okoro fits with Frank and RJ and Mitch, that’s 3 players who doesn’t need the ball much but have a defensive impact. It lets RJ have the ball in his hands often. Would need another offensive player on the starting unit to go with RJ.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-27-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Knicks better draft that man cause he ain't no kid. Frank rj and okoro are all playmakers too so that would be interesting. Plus you can move all of them up a position. Not all worried about the shooting as long as they shoot good shots with confidence. Not having to excessively switch and double is a trump card

I know everyone wants shooting and that should be a priority but Boston built their team similarly.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Knicks better draft that man cause he ain't no kid. Frank rj and okoro are all playmakers too so that would be interesting. Plus you can move all of them up a position. Not all worried about the shooting as long as they shoot good shots with confidence. Not having to excessively switch and double is a trump card
    I love this train of thought.

Ignorance is bliss

At this point I over the PG positional need, it looks like Thibs will role with what he has. Frank starting and DSJ off the bench. If that is the train of thought he has, then Okoro is a need for the flexibility he has on defense, I can live his is offensive game developing.

With the 27th we need another PF/C, if that’s the case and the main ones are gone that people like then I can live with Isaiah Stewart from Washington. 6’9 245-250 7’4 wingspan and last I read he had a 35” vert. An Ox down low but still developing a nice face up game up to behind the arc.

We can bring in a vet PG if anything that won’t eat into the minutes, almost like a Jarrett Jack type mold.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    What exactly do we consider “playmakers” these days?

We spent a whole season all knowing we completely lack playmaking, shooting, offensive talent, spacing, and guard play. How could we justify then drafting a guy that does none of that?

No disrespect to the kid, not saying he isn’t good or anything. Just don’t want to see a pick like that. Let’s at least try and fix some of those offensive problems.

Unless the goal is another very ugly, bad season, for draft position. Which is ok if the tank is on, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

We spent a whole season all knowing we completely lack playmaking, shooting, offensive talent, spacing, and guard play. How could we justify then drafting a guy that does none of that?

No disrespect to the kid, not saying he isn’t good or anything. Just don’t want to see a pick like that. Let’s at least try and fix some of those offensive problems.

Unless the goal is another very ugly, bad season, for draft position. Which is ok if the tank is on, I guess
    Exactly... Couldn't have said it better myself. If the pick isn't Hayes o Hali, then forget PG at 8 and go with Vassell. He looks like he has upside handling the ball and creating.

He’s like a young Iguodala or a Justise Winslow. I wouldn’t say that he has no playmaking potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Exactly... Couldn't have said it better myself. If the pick isn't Hayes o Hali, then forget PG at 8 and go with Vassell. He looks like he has upside handling the ball and creating.
    I would go Vassell over Okoro, but I think you guys are underrating Okoro a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He’s like a young Iguodala or a Justise Winslow. I wouldn’t say that he has no playmaking potential.
    Meh. That’s just not doing it for me. I’d like to go more offensive-minded. We need it

100% going with a better, more developed offensive game. We have enough projects

Meh. That’s just not doing it for me. I’d like to go more offensive-minded. We need it
    I understand and agree. Just pointing out that he could potentially provide at least that early on.