Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 692 of 820 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702742792 ... LastLast
Results 10,366 to 10,380 of 12290
  1. #10366
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Jonathan Wasserman
    @NBADraftWass
    Hearing Tyrell Terry has added 20lbs since the season, also measuring in shoes at 6’3”and 1/4. Could be big winner from the combine once info is released to teams.
    12:06 PM · Sep 26, 2020


    That draft stock is about to rise
    That's a big deal for terry, wonder if he just started filling in at the right time or what.

    Throwing 20 lbs on like that is at least a bit suspicious.

  2. #10367
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,442
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    That's a big deal for terry, wonder if he just started filling in at the right time or what.

    Throwing 20 lbs on like that is at least a bit suspicious.
    if he had a growth spurt and grew 2 inches i could see it, he's had a lot of time off with the pandemic to work on his body.

  3. #10368
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That’s a fair take. I would have liked to see more by now but I get it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too but is what it is, I do think this season could be big for him and really all of our guys just based on who’s here now coaching them. This staff does feel different.

    Regarding the Tyrell Terry news, I’ve liked him for a while. He probably won’t be there at 27... this draft will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. End of the day I want shooters and this draft, despite being “weak” does seem to have a LOT of shooting thank God.

  4. #10369
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,850
    I still think trading #8 to move down and attempt to get all 3 Boston picks would be smart. To many players who can potentially be contributors and to many what if’s in terms of a all-star caliber player makes any pick @8 risky.

    Most players people are mentioning are mid-late first round picks. For that don’t reach trade down get more picks stack the roster. Chance to grab multiple spot positions.

    #14 can be Cole or Theo Maledon #26 Hampton #27 Scrubb #30 Poku there is so many possibilities by gaining more picks.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

  5. #10370
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,013
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    if he had a growth spurt and grew 2 inches i could see it, he's had a lot of time off with the pandemic to work on his body.
    Ya it's possible.

    But that would be a really big deal.

    That potentially takes him from the back end of the 1st round to pushing for a lottery spot, or at least to the mid round.

    His biggest issue was that he was built like a child. If he added a few inches and 20 lbs, he would be about the same size as Steph, and since he plays similar to him, for sure that comparison would start to come up, and shoot his draft stock up. Hes probably more seth than steph, but still....

  6. #10371
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    I still think trading #8 to move down and attempt to get all 3 Boston picks would be smart. To many players who can potentially be contributors and to many what if’s in terms of a all-star caliber player makes any pick @8 risky.

    Most players people are mentioning are mid-late first round picks. For that don’t reach trade down get more picks stack the roster. Chance to grab multiple spot positions.

    #14 can be Cole or Theo Maledon #26 Hampton #27 Scrubb #30 Poku there is so many possibilities by gaining more picks.
    Poku’s going mid teens imo but overall I’m very open to this idea if we could actually get all 3 picks for #8. 5 picks between 14 & 38 in this draft would be pretty wild and we could add a LOT of shooting and at least 1 very interesting PG prospect.

  7. #10372
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Poku’s going mid teens imo but overall I’m very open to this idea if we could actually get all 3 picks for #8. 5 picks between 14 & 38 in this draft would be pretty wild and we could add a LOT of shooting and at least 1 very interesting PG prospect.
    Poku will drop, he has a buy out clause. The higher he gets picked the more money the buy out becomes. He’s dropping just due to that.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

  8. #10373
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,571
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Lol who cares about what an article says?

    Those are just rumors, I never for a second believed he was coming here. You don't trade a 30 ppg scorer, for capsspace, based on a rumor.

    If a player and his agent dont straight up tell you they are coming to your team, guaranteed, than you dont make that trade, ever.
    Well buddy ima trust that they had sources multiple outlets were reporting kd coming here but the injury happened im just saying mills isn't worse then the zeke layden era

    We atleast tanked for rj and have multiple 1st for multiple years mills kinda gets the short end of the stick not saying he was great but I don't think he did such a horrible job

  9. #10374
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Poku will drop, he has a buy out clause. The higher he gets picked the more money the buy out becomes. He’s dropping just due to that.
    Interesting, I didn’t know that...

    Still could see the Spurs or even Boston taking him late lotto. We’ll see, this draft is particularly hard to predict top to bottom.

  10. #10375
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Interesting, I didn’t know that...

    Still could see the Spurs or even Boston taking him late lotto. We’ll see, this draft is particularly hard to predict top to bottom.
    Don’t forget there is limits to what can be given by a team (650k) if not it’s starts to come out the players salary after the 650k.

    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-new...near-1-5m/amp/

    How that buyout works for overseas players
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...kie%20contract.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-26-2020 at 06:49 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

  11. #10376
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,442
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Poku will drop, he has a buy out clause. The higher he gets picked the more money the buy out becomes. He’s dropping just due to that.
    didn;t know that.

    and listen SOMEONE good has to drop, lots of depth in this draft.

  12. #10377
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    didn;t know that.

    and listen SOMEONE good has to drop, lots of depth in this draft.
    It’s why I would be open to moving that’s 8th pick to Boston, they don’t need all the picks just another glue guy off there bench for a year or 2. We need more picks and greater chance to get pieces that fits into what Thibs is looking for. So many good players came from the bottom half of the draft, it just took 2-3 years of development.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

  13. #10378
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,097
    The Knicks had made drafting a point guard a priority, but have strongly considered defensive forward Isaac Okoro of Auburn at No. 8, to fit Thibodeau’s defensive mindset


    .https://nypost.com/2020/09/26/leon-r...site%20buttons

  14. #10379
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    The Knicks had made drafting a point guard a priority, but have strongly considered defensive forward Isaac Okoro of Auburn at No. 8, to fit Thibodeau’s defensive mindset


    .https://nypost.com/2020/09/26/leon-r...site%20buttons
    I don't know getting Okoro when Knicks have RJ unless they plan on trading him.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  15. #10380
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,571
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I don't know getting Okoro when Knicks have RJ unless they plan on trading him.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't love it but Okoro isn't that bad of a shooter with room to improve and he's probably the best defender in this draft his ceiling is sky high

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •