Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 691 of 820 FirstFirst ... 191591641681689690691692693701741791 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 12290
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Idk about that mills was brought here to lure kd if that idiot doesn't play in the finals and gets hurt he's probably a knick right now
    Why would getting injured change anything?

If kd and his agent don't tell you, that they are %100 committed to coming to the Knicks, than you don't trade KP for cap space.

Trading KP for cap space was the absolute worst trade in nba history.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yup, and there's no issue playing two PG's for spurts.

Terry shot 41% on 3's and 90% on FT's, he's the best pure shooter of the PG's and probably the best pure shooter in this draft outside of maybe Nesmith.

even Theo Maledon who was a top 10-15 guy in a lot of mocks may be there around #27.

Dotson is another interesting guy.

honestly this draft may not have superstar power but it's looking pretty damn deep.
    I like Maledon I might be the only one who mentioned him a few times. I’ll take another French guy, he plays sounds and shots a lot more than Frank did especially from behind the arc. He is a good defender with a huge wingspan also.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

If kd and his agent don't tell you, that they are %100 committed to coming to the Knicks, than you don't trade KP for cap space.

I thought it was a good move, KP would have stagnated with him having to be a focal point. I knew KP would be good just not a #1 go to he needed a better player with him to let him grow without being rushed.

I liked KP a lot since he was drafted I just knew it would be short lived. I saw him playing better in other systems that can use his skill more effective.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-26-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    I thought it was a good move, KP would have stagnated with him having to be a focal point. I knew KP would be good just not a #1 go to he needed a better player with him to let him grow without being rushed.

I liked KP a lot since he was drafted I just knew it would be short lived. I saw him playing better in other systems that can use his skill more effective.
    Ya but trading him for cap space was moronic.

We probably should of got at the least another 1st round pick or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    I like Maledon I might be the only one who mentioned him a few times. I’ll take another French guy, he plays sounds and shots a lot more than Frank did especially from behind the arc. He is a good defender with a huge wingspan also.
    I'd be more than happy getting maledon.

He can d up almost as good as frank, has a very smooth shot, heck of a passer, knows how to play slow and take his time, he has a very mature game for a kid his age.

While I agree it was possibly the worst trade in our franchise history but if kd came here and brought Kyrie with him it changes our franchise and again if kd doesn't get hurt that happens

While I agree it was possibly the worst trade in our franchise history but if kd came here and brought Kyrie with him it changes our franchise and again if kd doesn't get hurt that happens
    What difference does the injury make?

And it doesnt matter what if kd came here, he didnt, mills traded the best player/assset we have had in forever, for cap space, and got nothing for the cap space, it was a massively risky move, and it completely failed.

I could never even imagine a team taking a risk like that and failing, until Mills did it.

Jonathan Wasserman
    @NBADraftWass
    Hearing Tyrell Terry has added 20lbs since the season, also measuring in shoes at 6’3”and 1/4. Could be big winner from the combine once info is released to teams.
    12:06 PM · Sep 26, 2020

That draft stock is about to rise

What difference does the injury make?

And it doesnt matter what if kd came here, he didnt, mills traded the best player/assset we have had in forever, for cap space, and got nothing for the cap space, it was a massively risky move, and it completely failed.

I could never even imagine a team taking a risk like that and failing, until Mills did it.
    Huge difference there are articles saying kd was coming here but we didn't offer the max bkuz he was insured

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    ok, he was ranked top 10 out of HS so you win.

but i'd still make the trade, get a guy cost controlled for 5 years that could potentially be a more complete player and play more than 22mpg.

sidenote I read Tyrell Terry is now 6'3 174lbs, that's huge if true, I thought he was 6'0 160.... he can flat out shoot, could be a mini Trae Young. would love him at #27
    Entertaining a move like this is precisely why the Knicks can't build a culture or an identity. The grass is always greener. Not only is Mitch NOT the problem, he's one of the only positives this team has. I don't think any GM would take this risk. Just not a move you need to make, especially considering Onyeka could bust and Mitch is still dirt cheap. Just not a realistic move we're looking to make imo.

Oh okay. I was thinking that KP's health via his max contract and the fact that the value of the two firsts are yet to be determined (notwithstanding DSJ and that KP is a prick with a douchebag brother) might mean the jury is somewhat out. But you (and others) straightened that out for me! No further discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    We kind of messed up frank’s development a little bit by bringing in another point guard after point guars and giving his minutes away. He was gonna be a project when we drafted him, as Phil said he wanted to draft him and groom him. Bringing in all those bust point guards from other teams was a mistake. It probably hurt his confidence and it took away his minutes. If he can become at least a 3&D guy and handout some assists, he’d be extremely valuable.
    This is one of the Frank excuses a don’t understand. He can’t be the only guard on the team. If he sees Emmanuel Mudiay and gets scared instead of schooling that ***** I think that is 100% on Frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    This is one of the Frank excuses a don’t understand. He can’t be the only guard on the team. If he sees Emmanuel Mudiay and gets scared instead of schooling that ***** I think that is 100% on Frank

I don’t necessarily think we “screwed up his development”, to me I just think he was always gonna need a few years to start putting his offense together at what’s needed for a useful NBA player. Project means project and he came in raw, everyone knew that when he was drafted, wasn’t a secret.

Huge difference there are articles saying kd was coming here but we didn't offer the max bkuz he was insured
    Lol who cares about what an article says?

Those are just rumors, I never for a second believed he was coming here. You don't trade a 30 ppg scorer, for capsspace, based on a rumor.

If a player and his agent dont straight up tell you they are coming to your team, guaranteed, than you dont make that trade, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I don’t necessarily think we “screwed up his development”, to me I just think he was always gonna need a few years to start putting his offense together at what’s needed for a useful NBA player. Project means project and he came in raw, everyone knew that when he was drafted, wasn’t a secret.
    That’s a fair take. I would have liked to see more by now but I get it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.