Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 690 of 820 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700740790 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 12291
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Again, see above. Iíd be all about a patient rebuild. Itís not happening. Dolan, Rose, and Thibs are going to be cool with 3 or 4 years of rebuilding? Not likely

Itís not necessarily I disagree. Itís more like Iím adjusting it. The rebuild will get canned as soon as thereís a glimmer of hope. And you assume Iím a kid. Iím right there with you.
    Canít use Dolan itís a old excuse already, Dolan made those moves under the influence of WWW and CAA. Guess what he hired them, if they **** up itís on them. Thibs is patient, he had to build the Bulls up to winners, that a weak excuse. He also took a young Minny team also, all he did was bring in 3 of his players to help the development and establish what he wanted. Butler going to Minny proved the kids they had there cared more about money than actual winning basketball.

I think we have some hard working kids who want to improve and win, thatís a lot better than Minny who have players who can play but canít win.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Canít use Dolan itís a old excuse already, Dolan made those moves under the influence of WWW and CAA. Guess what he hired them, if they **** up itís on them. Thibs is patient, he had to build the Bulls up to winners, that a weak excuse. He also took a young Minny team also, all he did was bring in 3 of his players to help the development and establish what he wanted. Butler going to Minny proved the kids they had there cared more about money than actual winning basketball.

I think we have some hard working kids who want to improve and win, thatís a lot better than Minny who have players who can play but canít win.
    I hope thatís the case, trust me. Weíll see

To be fair, Thibs took over Chicago and inherited a team that won 60 games. With Rose winning MVP, Deng, Boozer, Noah. Wish that was the case now

Itís not a discussion anymore when you the team analyst insists that most peopleís view and ideas are skewed. Itís just how I view the way you come off in your writing. Your breaking down everyone thought and saying it should be this way and thatís it. Your beliefs are ingrained to the way a sports writer well writes.

You disagree a lot more and then give your analysis on small level scales with some of the players we have. I think for some like me in the 40ís and seen the good and bad, I prefer letting the kid get burn without someone being placed in front of them to stop there growth.

Your stuck on trying to win and I donít care about winning. Thatís where we are different bringing in anyone of caliber you want is no different than what most FO has done to try to well win.

Face it we have different views, I prefer losing the next 3-4 years while seeing the young kids play and see what we have to work with, and your thinking like most FO who failed because they want to see wins.
    I'm with you on letting the young guys play win or lose. No other way to get better. Maybe sprinkle in a vet here and there but nobody who would take away from the young guys development. A lot of these guys don't understand that repetition is the key. All of these guys are talented they just have to be put in the right situations to take advantage of their strengths. Thibs has to figure that out. He said he would build an offense around his talent instead of trying to find players to fit some system that he is bringing with him. That train of thought is so important moving forward.

Yes. Mostly Rose, and Dolan. You think Rose, agent to the stars, sold Dolan on his desire to rebuild slow?

Iíll believe it, and be pleasantly surprised, when I see it
    Dolan donít care, he care about how people view him. Look at it this way heís hired more minorities to run the Knicks than any other team in the league. Who were the ones in charge when **** fell apart, itís ****ed up but the truth. Who has been in his ear and push half those moves minorities, Dolan has always cared to keep his rep as someone who hires minorities again more than any franchise in the NBA the last 20 years.

So again Dolan doesnít give a ****, he hired Rose and WWW because they always had his ear in an unofficial compacity. Canít think like that anymore he got the people he really wanted to run the team.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Dolan donít care, he care about how people view him. Look at it this way heís hired more minorities to run the Knicks than any other team in the league. Who were the ones in charge when **** fell apart, itís ****ed up but the truth. Who has been in his ear and push half those moves minorities, Dolan has always cared to keep his rep as someone who hires minorities again more than any franchise in the NBA the last 20 years.

So again Dolan doesnít give a ****, he hired Rose and WWW because they always had his ear in an unofficial compacity. Canít think like that anymore he got the people he really wanted to run the team.
    Along with more qualified minorities who are real hands one basketball people like Payne, Bryant and the winningest coach in the last 20 years for the Knicks... Woody.

The problem has been Dolan hiring unqualified people like Phil Jackson and Mills as President of Basketball. Neither of them had no business in that position.

Rose and WWWes are basketball people who get things done.

I have more confidence in this FO than I ever have in my 40 years of being a Knicks fan.

I hope thatís the case, trust me. Weíll see

To be fair, Thibs took over Chicago and inherited a team that won 60 games. With Rose winning MVP, Deng, Boozer, Noah. Wish that was the case now
    Are you slow thibs was the coach when rose won mvp

💯💯💯💯💯

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Along with more qualified minorities who are real hands one basketball people like Payne, Bryant and the winningest coach in the last 20 years for the Knicks... Woody.

The problem has been Dolan hiring unqualified people like Phil Jackson and Mills as President of Basketball. Neither of them had no business in that position.

Rose and WWWes are basketball people who get things done.

I have more confidence in this FO than I ever have in my 40 years of being a Knicks fan.
    Mills was one of the worst front office hires in nba history.

Dolan preferred his snake in the grass over real basketball people.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Are you slow thibs was the coach when rose won mvp
    Me? I know, thatís what I said

Was saying that about Thibs ďrebuildingĒ the Bulls. Thatís what he had to work with his first year. Or are you agreeing with me lol

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

Idk about that mills was brought here to lure kd if that idiot doesn't play in the finals and gets hurt he's probably a knick right now

so many intriguing PG options, Cole, Lewis, Maxey, Terry, Hali, Hayes even Nico...

Terry is a guy we should be in on, high IQ and lethal shooting, and reportedly now 6'3. I'm fine taking two PG's TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    so many intriguing PG options, Cole, Lewis, Maxey, Terry, Hali, Hayes even Nico...

Terry is a guy we should be in on, high IQ and lethal shooting, and reportedly now 6'3. I'm fine taking two PG's TBH.
    2 is fine. Hopefully one pans out. Or both (wishful thinking)

Maybe a ďriskyĒ pick and a ďsafeĒ one

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

Messed up part Mills was never a basketball person his role was being in charge of MSG operations, his job was more around the business operations of MSG the building itself. Playing ball at Princeton and being smart doesn't make you qualified to make basketball decision lmao. Yet always survived the purge for 20 years and is still working for Dolan but in his original role.

Thatís the thing Dolan business acumen is solely about entertainment, renting out his spaces for big events. Heís the same person who owns radio city music hall and bought the Forum the old lakers arena. His venues host a lot of awards, heís all about that side of the business. He is the son who created cablevision. Dolan is knee deep with CAA due to that side of the business, it just so happen to mix in to the sports side after awhile, CAA never had a sports dept until 2006.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-26-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

2 is fine. Hopefully one pans out. Or both (wishful thinking)

Maybe a ďriskyĒ pick and a ďsafeĒ one
    yup, and there's no issue playing two PG's for spurts.

Terry shot 41% on 3's and 90% on FT's, he's the best pure shooter of the PG's and probably the best pure shooter in this draft outside of maybe Nesmith.

even Theo Maledon who was a top 10-15 guy in a lot of mocks may be there around #27.

Dotson is another interesting guy.

honestly this draft may not have superstar power but it's looking pretty damn deep.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yup, and there's no issue playing two PG's for spurts.

Terry shot 41% on 3's and 90% on FT's, he's the best pure shooter of the PG's and probably the best pure shooter in this draft outside of maybe Nesmith.

even Theo Maledon who was a top 10-15 guy in a lot of mocks may be there around #27.
    Can never have too many guards/shooters these days.