Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 241 of 792 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 11872
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i mean it depends what the trade is. but Melo seems to be a better shooter, and better getting into the lane than Lonzo. he's also taller with the potential to get even taller. Lonzo is already an average starter and will probably be top 20 PG soon. I think Melo is safely a top 15 PG.

nothing is guaranteed with any draft pick but I think that's a safe floor for Melo.

I'm not talking about a huge haul though. If we ended up at #6 I think it would take something like the #6, Knox and a future 1st to move up.
    If thats all it took, yes Id do it. But I doubt that gets it done

it comes down to whether we believe in Ball, if we think Cole or Hayes or Hali are just as good then obviously it makes no sense to move up, but if we believe Ball is on another level then it makes plenty of sense.

it comes down to whether we believe in Ball, if we think Cole or Hayes or Hali are just as good then obviously it makes no sense to move up, but if we believe Ball is on another level then it makes plenty of sense.
    That we can agree on. Like I said, if we believed he had Morant type skills then the trade makes sense. But I am concerned about Ball's lack of offense. We already have zero scoring from our backcourt. An elite passer who is challenged offensively is not the best option for such a trade. If we picked a PG who can score along with a shooter like Lewis we would be golden.

FWIW - Chad Ford from his Podcast this morning: "If the Knicks don't get the #1 pick, I think they are going to make a major major effort to get there and get LaMelo" - @chadfordinsider on Rejecting the Screen.

we have the assets, go for it, time for something bold. We need a franchise PG, drafting another role player would be tough to stomach.

Seems everyone wants Ball in NY.
    Sry to burst your bubble but nobody is trading down for RJ Knox or Dallas picks even Mitch is not going to net you Top 3 this media is just trying to rile fans up for click bait. Just look at Knicks history on draft night zero major trades they mostly check in to submit there selection and then walk out go home and sleep.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Funny, because on a few occasions, was listening to ESPN in the car (dont remember which shows) and they said it was almost laughable to expect LaMelo to go #1

I like him, and I hope we get him. But I dont think Im so sold on him that Id go all in
    Weve known that. ESPN/DX has been telling us all season that hes their top player, but he wont go number 1. The Knicks likely just have to get to 3 or 4 to get him. My guess is that Edwards and Wiseman will be the top two picks.

Its the opposite of Wiseman. People dont have him ranked that high, but hes always mocked that high. There are a lot of people that think that Wiseman is the second best C, let alone the second best player.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-21-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Where did you hear this?

There arent even any workouts going on right now lol
    Greg Anthony hinted at it and that a lie because we're interviewing Zeke nnaji soon.

If we trade for ball imo it has nothing to do with his play on the court

I think its bkuz they want to market him and his pops

Remember leon is an ex agent and dolan is all about his money

Me personally i think it would be a huge mistake only bkuz we could have just tanked and not had to give up any assets

I also think cole is going to be just as good

Cole assets > ball

It also depends on how far we fall say we fall to 8 and Ball goes at 3 like many have projected him unless a pg needy team like det or was crack the top 3 thats a significant jump and we'd probably have to give up the clips and dal if not our own pick
    Last edited by east fb knicks; 05-21-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post

Agreed. We brought in scouts from Utah and OKC to fill roles in this organization, let them do their job. We do not need marketing, we need winning basketball. Like Jordan said about his endorsements "it was my play on the court". If the Knicks win they do not need to worry about marketing, that will take care of itself.

What does marketing have to do with anything?

Do y'all not remember when we picked Frank Ntilikina over Dennis Smith Jr. Or even to a lesser extent Kevin Knox over more hyped college players like Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges, and Michael Porter Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Agreed. We brought in scouts from Utah and OKC to fill roles in this organization, let them do their job. We do not need marketing, we need winning basketball. Like Jordan said about his endorsements "it was my play on the court". If the Knicks win they do not need to worry about marketing, that will take care of itself.
    Marketing?! This is just as bad as the RJ stuff yesterday. What does marketing have to do with anything? The Knicks are already one of the most popular and valuable sports franchises in the entire world.

Youre also already making up your mind that if something like this happens, its Dolan and not the people that were hired. You do know the same guy who pounded the table for the Jazz to trade up 11 spots for Mitchell is the same guy the Knicks hired, right? What about that says that hed be opposed to trading up? If teams like a guy, they are going to try to get them.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-21-2020 at 02:04 PM.

The Knicks always sell well, and make money. They have literally rolled dog**** out on the court for years,and still put butts in the seats

Theres no way they go all out to draft Ball without believing hes the goods. And Ive literally never heard anyone talk about the father as a positive piece of the puzzle. Its more like we like Lonzo/LaMelo, but do we really want him around?

You know what is the best marketing in NY? Winning

Me personally i think it would be a huge mistake only bkuz we could have just tanked and not had to give up any assets

I also think cole is going to be just as good

Cole assets > ball

It also depends on how far we fall say we fall to 8 and Ball goes at 3 like many have projected him unless a pg needy team like det or was crack the top 3 thats a significant jump and we'd probably have to give up the clips and dal if not our own pick
    Ive questioned the hate of Cole on here, but hes not even the second PG Id choose. I dont think hes as good of a prospect as either Ball or Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    1st pick
    Ball
    Cole Anthony
    Kira Lewis
    Hayes
    Haliburton... Knicks will get one of those players

2nd pick
    Nesmith
    Jalen Smith
    Bane... Knicks need a knockdown shooter

Trade Randle and DSJ along with one of the Dallas picks and this years 2nd round pick to Sacramento for Buddy Hield.

Then sign either Wood or Bertans in Free agency.

Ball / Frank
    Buddy / Nesmith
    RJ / Iggy
    Wood / Knox
    Mitch / Wood

Use the other Dallas pick to move up to get Ball if we really think he is that special.

That would be best case scenario for the Knicks this summer.

That turns the KP trade basically into Buddy Hield and LaMelo Ball.
    Heyyy! Yeah I like that, very close to what Ive been wanting to aim for, were on same page

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    1st pick
    Ball
    Cole Anthony
    Kira Lewis
    Hayes
    Haliburton... Knicks will get one of those players

2nd pick
    Nesmith
    Jalen Smith
    Bane... Knicks need a knockdown shooter

Trade Randle and DSJ along with one of the Dallas picks and this years 2nd round pick to Sacramento for Buddy Hield.

Then sign either Wood or Bertans in Free agency.

Ball / Frank
    Buddy / Nesmith
    RJ / Iggy
    Wood / Knox
    Mitch / Wood

Use the other Dallas pick to move up to get Ball if we really think he is that special.

That would be best case scenario for the Knicks this summer.

That turns the KP trade basically into Buddy Hield and LaMelo Ball.
    I am assuming in this scenario that the Knicks are trading up the Clippers pick? Otherwise, I don't see Nesmith lasting until 27.