Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 239 of 816 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 12240
    This draft class may ultimately be looked at as being deeper than most. As it stands today, this draft doesn't have any "can't miss phenoms". Legit bigs being phased out of the game is a fad and overly exaggerated. With that being said, if I had to pick a "can't miss guy" from this draft I would say it is Wiseman.
    Last edited by S.L.ugger; 05-20-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Same. We could always trade back into the 2nd round too by dumping DSJ or something maybe.

The Sixers have four 2nd round picks for example.
    Forgot about Boston, they have I think 17, and 2 later firsts. No reason they need 3 picks. Maybe we can take 17 from them

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Forgot about Boston, they have I think 17, and 2 later firsts. No reason they need 3 picks. Maybe we can take 17 from them
    I think thatís probably the only pick they wouldnít want to trade. However I could see them trading pick 17+ to get into the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Yeah, the kid who reclassified to enter the draft earlier and then averaged 22.6 pts, 4.3 assists, and 7.6 rebs per game as a freshman was a product of all hype and the Knicks were ďforcedĒ to take him.

Itís ok to not agree with the consensus, but donít act like you couldnít see why or that it wasnít based on anything. You guys were in the minority.

Despite his flaws, he was clearly a better college player than the ones you both wouldíve chosen. Beyond that, he absolutely dominated team USA in international play with many of those same players playing against him. Do you know how often it is that USA loses in those tournaments? Again, be skeptical of him now if you want, but he earned his spot beyond just media hype. If anything, he was more under a microscope than almost every other player.
    I watched a lot of Duke basketball that year and he did not impress me as a prospect. I donít believe it was all hype but I also think his stock was elevated by how people felt about him coming into his freshmen year. I can see why he was near the top of the draft but I did not think he should have been seen as a cut above the pack with Jah and Zion. The think him being talked about that way would have made it very hard for a big market laughing stock franchise to go another direction. Iíll stick with that. Sorry not sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I watched a lot of Duke basketball that year and he did not impress me as a prospect. I donít believe it was all hype but I also think his stock was elevated by how people felt about him coming into his freshmen year. I can see why he was near the top of the draft but I did not think he should have been seen as a cut above the pack with Jah and Zion. The think him being talked about that way would have made it very hard for a big market laughing stock franchise to go another direction. Iíll stick with that. Sorry not sorry

I watched a ton of Duke basketball last year (and most every year) and RJ did impress me (and countless draft experts) as a prospect.

RJ wasnít even the most hyped out of HS. It was Reddish. And his stock clearly took a hit from his play at Duke - so this idea that RJ was the de facto 3rd pick based on hype alone is an attempt to rewrite history.

Zion was actually the least touted from an NBA prospect perspective, and he very quickly flipped the script. He was also clearly a step above RJ and no one is disputing that or even suggesting they were on the same level.

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I watched a ton of Duke basketball last year (and most every year) and RJ did impress me (and countless draft experts) as a prospect.

RJ wasnít even the most hyped out of HS. It was Reddish. And his stock clearly took a hit from his play at Duke - so this idea that RJ was the de facto 3rd pick based on hype alone is an attempt to rewrite history.

Zion was actually the least touted from an NBA prospect perspective, and he very quickly flipped the script. He was also clearly a step above RJ and no one is disputing that or even suggesting they were on the same level.
    I didnít say hype alone. In fact the post you quoted said I can see why he was near in the top of the class. Jah and Zion were a cut above. They were canít miss guys. Could RJ go third? Sure. Was he clearly the 3rd best prospect in the draft or a canít miss guy? I donít think so but thatís how he portrayed leading up to the draft. Sorry Dukie but Iíd still take the Tarheel

Last edited by ewing; 05-20-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I didnít say hype alone. In fact the post you quoted said I can see why he was near in the top of the class. Jah and Zion were a cut above. They were canít miss guys. Could RJ go third? Sure. Was he clearly the 3rd best prospect in the draft or a canít miss guy? I donít think so but thatís how he portrayed leading up to the draft. Sorry Dukie but Iíd still take the Tarheel

I donít think any of us are saying whether youíll end up being right or wrong or arguing against your opinion of the players, just that you are/were in the minority with your thinking.

You liked White better because you felt that you recognized a more translatable skill set, but there wasnít much to justify selecting him higher or over RJ based on production in either HS or college. No one else outside of Zion or Morant really had a case thatís why they were the consensus top three.

Sounds like the Knicks asked Cole Anthony to shut down his workouts and interviews for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    Sounds like the Knicks asked Cole Anthony to shut down his workouts and interviews for other teams.
    Where did you hear this?

There arenít even any workouts going on right now lol

FWIW - Chad Ford from his Podcast this morning: "If the Knicks don't get the #1 pick, I think they are going to make a major major effort to get there and get LaMelo" - @chadfordinsider on Rejecting the Screen.

we have the assets, go for it, time for something bold. We need a franchise PG, drafting another role player would be tough to stomach.

Seems everyone wants Ball in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    FWIW - Chad Ford from his Podcast this morning: "If the Knicks don't get the #1 pick, I think they are going to make a major major effort to get there and get LaMelo" - @chadfordinsider on Rejecting the Screen.

we have the assets, go for it, time for something bold. We need a franchise PG, drafting another role player would be tough to stomach.

Seems everyone wants Ball in NY.
    Funny, because on a few occasions, was listening to ESPN in the car (dont remember which shows) and they said it was almost laughable to expect LaMelo to go #1

I like him, and I hope we get him. But I donít think Iím so ďsoldĒ on him that Iíd go all in

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Funny, because on a few occasions, was listening to ESPN in the car (dont remember which shows) and they said it was almost laughable to expect LaMelo to go #1

I like him, and I hope we get him. But I donít think Iím so ďsoldĒ on him that Iíd go all in
    i mean no one knows, theres def no consensus #1, but if we got the #1 I would imagine we go with Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i mean no one knows, theres def no consensus #1, but if we got the #1 I would imagine we go with Ball.
    Oh I think so too 100%

I was surprised by hearing several ďexpertĒ opinions that said otherwise. I thought all along it was Ball and Edwards as the cream of the crop

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Agreed. I think we can package the Clippers pick and our 2nd rounder for a pick in the 19-22 range.
    I was thinking the Clippers pick plus a Dallas pick to get to around 12 and then picking Lewis.

If you are 100% certain LaMelo is your franchise guy, you go get him. Do whatever it takes. No more Ntilikina, Knox, Jordan Hill, Mike Sweetney type picks!