Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 157 of 267 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 4002
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít think he looks like an NBA player at all. Classic college player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I definitely think Nico can be a solid back-up PG at least.

But heís no lottery pick IMO. If we donít go PG with our first pick and heís available at 27, Iíd take a shot on him. He projects to be a better shooter than heís shown and he does have natural PG skills.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I definitely think Nico can be a solid back-up PG at least.

But heís no lottery pick IMO. If we donít go PG with our first pick and heís available at 27, Iíd take a shot on him. He projects to be a better shooter than heís shown and he does have natural PG skills.
    This was my thinking as well. A steal with our second pick. I would even be willing to trade up a bit for him. I also agree he will be a better shooter than what's advertised.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 04-02-2020 at 09:23 AM.

if we draft Ball or a PG with our lotto pick, Lewis or Nico probably don't make much sense, in that scenario I'd look to move up a bit for Nesmith or get a 3 & D guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    if we draft Ball or a PG with our lotto pick, Lewis or Nico probably don't make much sense, in that scenario I'd look to move up a bit for Nesmith or get a 3 & D guy.
    I would draft Cole for SG and Nico for PG. Cole will be a scorer by far more than anything else. Nico fits the traditional "pure" PG mold. That makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I would draft Cole for SG and Nico for PG. Cole will be a scorer by far more than anything else. Nico fits the traditional "pure" PG mold. That makes sense to me.
    holding out hope for Ball but that wouldn't be a bad draft.

Sign Hayward and draft LaMelo. If LaMelo is gone, Cole Anthony look like a baller. Hayward at 3yrs/110mill all day long. These two moves will do wonders for this team.

Cole
    RJ
    Hayward
    Randle
    Mitch....

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Sign Hayward and draft LaMelo. If LaMelo is gone, Cole Anthony look like a baller. Hayward at 3yrs/110mill all day long. These two moves will do wonders for this team.

Cole
    RJ
    Hayward
    Randle
    Mitch....
    Hayward dream has to die, he'll be 31 this time next year and he's not coming here, read he was going to opt in actually because he wouldn't get $34m on the market.

great player but i doubt he wants to join a lotto team at this stage of his career and it's not in our best interest to pay $30m for someone in their 31-33 years.

Might as well bring back Marcus Morris if you want to go the Hayward route.

holding out hope for Ball but that wouldn't be a bad draft.
    Yeah I have a gut feeling that we won't get Ball. Maybe because I think he will go 1 or 2 and we probably won't draft that high.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít think he looks like an NBA player at all. Classic college player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think he's Luke Ridnour at worst. : /

Hayward dream has to die, he'll be 31 this time next year and he's not coming here, read he was going to opt in actually because he wouldn't get $34m on the market.

great player but i doubt he wants to join a lotto team at this stage of his career and it's not in our best interest to pay $30m for someone in their 31-33 years.
    I disagree with most of this. This team needs to invest in guys who play efficient, smart team basketball which will only help youngsters learn the correct way to play. Since when are vets who average an efficient 17pts, on 40% from 3 along with 4asts, something not in the Knicks best interest? We can't rely on a rookie to lead this team at PG. Let Hayward do that and let (likely due to draft spot) Cole, knock down shots and score.

Having a team first vet who can lead the offense and score on all 3 levels is exactly who you spend the money on. 3yrs at 33mill all day. THIS is the type of player and lead player Knicks have NEVER had in my lifetime.

I disagree with most of this. This team needs to invest in guys who play efficient, smart team basketball which will only help youngsters learn the correct way to play. Since when are vets who average an efficient 17pts, on 40% from 3 along with 4asts, something not in the Knicks best interest? We can't rely on a rookie to lead this team at PG. Let Hayward do that and let (likely due to draft spot) Cole, knock down shots and score.

Having a team first vet who can lead the offense and score on all 3 levels is exactly who you spend the money on. 3yrs at 33mill all day. THIS is the type of player and lead player Knicks have NEVER had in my lifetime.
    30+M a year for a non-star, older player on a rebuilding team? No thanks...

He said heís picking up his option anyways

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    30+M a year for a non-star, older player on a rebuilding team? No thanks...

He said heís picking up his option anyways
    Keep star hunting. That's gotten the Knicks pretty far. Get players that fit. A lead ball handler, finisher, unselfish player is a Knicks dream. More impact than even Bradley Beal imo. Someone please tell me a better more impactful way to spend 100mill over the next 3 yrs. Im all ears.

Keep star hunting. That's gotten the Knicks pretty far. Get players that fit. A lead ball handler, finisher, unselfish player is a Knicks dream. More impact than even Bradley Beal imo. Someone please tell me a better more impactful way to spend 100mill over the next 3 yrs. Im all ears.
    Biv dream is over he's going to pick up his option the cap will not go up and most probably will go down a bit, and his choices are very slim with who has cap and who can afford lux tax on him?

So he's smart take the 34m and run and stay with a contender......going to the Knicks after a shortened season does what for the player? Put yourself in his shoes, at some point players are not all in because of money, and getting 34m next season isn't anything to sneeze at. If he continues on the up swing he will be fine for his finale getting maybe a 3 year deal after he takes his 34m to the bank.

Him alone and a rookie don't make the Knicks even a sure thing for the 8th spot. so he's doing what he has to do.