Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 330 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4945
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    It's a wrist injury nothing major, his stock shouldn't be affected.
    We can hope. We went from he might be a reach draft spots, to potentially hope he falls to us draft spots.

I don't see the athleticism from Anthony that some talk about. His moves and quickness does not cause separation. I don't see him being a prolific scoring pg like the trend that's going on now.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    I don't see the athleticism from Anthony that some talk about. His moves and quickness does not cause separation. I don't see him being a prolific scoring pg like the trend that's going on now.

Yes and no. He doesn't pop as much as he did in HS and he's much more of just a good athlete than the very good athlete people thought.

However, it's tough to judge at UNC with the lack of spacing and with him constantly seeing double teams. The overall team is just bad. Opposing teams just stack the paint against them.

I just have a feeling Anthony Edwards may end up a take-over-games type talent in the NBA. And hes a legit 2-way player.

If we can draft him, Vernon Carey Jr., and Killian Tillie, bring in Issuf Sanon & sign Christian Wood (and bring up Lamar Peters):

Frank-Edwards-RJ-Wood-Mitch
    Sanon-Dot-Knox-Randle-Carey
    Peters-Ellington-Iggy-Wooten-Tillie

Then if we need PG help from there we draft one or trade for one or sign one... Something to build on.

Total hypothetical and yes wed likely be pretty bad next year as well but we could actually start building towards something. Mike Miller coaching unless you bring in someone better, but I dont dislike that roster (as a young roster).
    Last edited by HeartOfStarks; 02-11-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Another awful game by Cole Anthony last night - 5/19 shooting, 0/6 threes, 7 TO's, 17 point loss.

I'd have no choice but to roll the dice on him around 5th-8th but I'm not convinced he's a PG of the future type. I can easily see him ending up like Dennis Smith Jr.

Cole has had some horrific shooting games as of late, I can definitely see his stock dropping.

2020 Draft Thread

Hes shooting 34.8% from the field and 31.1% from 3. Its only been 13 games, but still. He does go to the FT line very often though. He could probably use another year in college to increase his stock, but next year is supposed to be a stronger class so seems unlikely that hell do that.

I would still take him. He plays on a terrible team with low IQ players. I think he is his own worst enemy at times because he tries to do too much. And it's not like there is a standout player in this draft anyway. Nobody is a no brainer number one pick. Any player can be picked apart.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Cole has had some horrific shooting games as of late, I can definitely see his stock dropping.
    That could be a good thing for the Knicks, but the draft is so weak, that it probably won't matter. Maybe he gets to 7 or something like that. It's like last year with Cam Reddish.

Damn this draft legit kind of sucks lol. Edwards and Wiseman are close to a sure thing and theyre arent even a sure thing themselves. Cole Anthony is off my board yes his team have low IQ players but so does ours

Knick's Goals

1. Find out if Mitch has IQ to play 30 min as starter without avg. 6 fouls, if not, trade him for highest package
    2. Play Knox at 4 (bench Randle after ASB); Need to find out if Knox is capable 4 next to Mitch (he should be).
    3. Find out if Iggy can be 6th man on this team - give him the ball.

Draft
    1. Draft Halliburton (please stop with this low iq, non shooting, baby pg - they take too long to develop)
    2. Draft a PF (to push Knox, if he is even still here) - Trade up and get Jalen Smith or Reggie Perry.

FA
    1. Be sensible (poison pill Bertans, and/or Ingram, try to go after Christian Wood)
    - If you can land any of these guys - IMMEDIATELY TRADE RANDLE.
    2. Pick up a cheap backup 5 (i.e. Henson)
    3. Keep Payton as a backup
    4. Sign Dotson to 3/21 AND START HIM.
    5. Take on bad 1 year deals for picks; cut then and use roster spots for young players, g-league prospects.

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I would still take him. He plays on a terrible team with low IQ players. I think he is his own worst enemy at times because he tries to do too much. And it's not like there is a standout player in this draft anyway. Nobody is a no brainer number one pick. Any player can be picked apart.
    I know Cole is your favorite prospect this year, but I think you may be looking at his performance through ross-colored glasses. His efficiency is not even close to respectable. Its not going to get easier in the NBA, especially on a lottery team like us.

If were picking like 8th or 9th, Id still probably take him though. Top 5, I think thats too risky.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-12-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    That could be a good thing for the Knicks, but the draft is so weak, that it probably won't matter. Maybe he gets to 7 or something like that. It's like last year with Cam Reddish.
    At least Cam is known for his defense. He also has an NBA-ready body at 68 with a 71 wingspan.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    His shooting #s need to go up, he's certainly not looking like a #1 or even a top 5 pick right now. Right now I'm look at Melo & Edwards if we're in the top 3 - Cole, Nico & Tyrese for anthing after that.