Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 256 of 351 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 5260

2020 Draft Thread

2020 Draft Thread

If we go PG with our lottery pick like many expect, I would look for a big the Clippers pick. We could really use a backup PF/C.

Daniel Oturu has caught my eye. He’s a good athlete and a very good rim protector/rebounder with good shot-making potential.

Listed at 6’10” 240 lbs with a 7’3” wingspan.

Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-25-2020 at 09:37 PM.

I honestly don't think the Knicks will keep/use those extra draft picks. Leon Rose wants a STAR to build around. I think, if he has to...he'll move heaven/Earth for LaMelo Ball.

What is a BETTER idea, adopt the philosophy of the Celtics and more recently the Pelicans: Take bad contracts for future unprotected First Rounders.

The Knicks will get nothing for Chris Paul but John Wall is another story. I would definitely take 3-4 future First Rounders (one or two will be unprotected) to relieve the Washington Wizards of John Wall. Wall is such an overrated player, he's DUE to enable the Knicks to suck badly. The Knicks would have 2 of the top 5 picks because let's face it, the Knicks won't be much better next season.

I think Detroit and Minnesota are the teams we have to worry about (depending how the balls drop), when it comes to getting Ball.

Posting this here as well:

Movin' On Up
    The Knicks like LaMelo Ball, but he may be gone before they pick. If NBA history is any indication, this is nothing but a minor inconvenience.
    Knicks Film School

Summer is officially here, and with it, the NBA moves ever closer to finalizing plans to resume this season.

Will the Knicks be invited to the party? My guess is no.

(For more on why, check out the latest episode of the KFS podcast right here)

https://knicksfilmschool.substack.com

Interesting read... especially the fact that Perrin, who the Knicks just hired, was in a similar situation with Utah which traded up from 6 to 3 to draft Deron Williams. The cost of that move is also very similar to what we've been discussing - 6, 27 and a late first the following year which ended up being 30.

I also agree that this is something that both parties (Knicks and Ball) will try to make happen.

I completely forgot about Detroit's and Charlotte's second round picks next year and the possibility of a team like the Warriors wanting to dump salary (Wiggins) because of everything going on.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-26-2020 at 01:51 PM.

#6, #27, #38 & Knox seems like a fair trade to me to jump from 6, or 7th to top 3.

I'm not keen on the idea of bringing in 3 more rookies next year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    #6, #27, #38 & Knox seems like a fair trade to me to jump from 6, or 7th to top 3.

Swap Knox with DSJ and I'm good.

I think that's slightly more than it would take if we ended up at like 6 and needed to get to 2 or 3. What about something like:

#6, Dallas 2021 1st, our 2nd this year (or maybe one of the 2nds we have next year), and maybe DSJ.

Reasoning:

I think the Dallas 2021 1st has more value than the Clips pick from this year, simply because it's an unknown.
    We keep the Clips pick, but we give up the 2nd. That way we keep the higher of our two latter picks this year.
    With the salary cap being in flux, a team may want future assets instead of guaranteed salaries this year, hence the Dallas 2021 1st and the 2nd round pick instead of the Clips pick.
    I imagine DSJ will be a throw in regardless, because teams know we don't value him.

2020 Draft Thread

As long as the Dallas pick isn’t included, I can tolerate this I suppose. I still think we could use the depth though. We only have 7 players coming back for sure in RJ, Mitch, Frank, Randle, Knox, DSJ, and maybe Iggy. So without Knox we’d be down to 6 players. The good teams make these later picks work.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    As long as the Dallas pick isn’t included, I can tolerate this I suppose. I still think we could use the depth though. We only have 7 players coming back for sure in RJ, Mitch, Frank, Randle, Knox, DSJ, and maybe Iggy. So without Knox we’d be down to 6 players. The good teams make these later picks work.
    Would love a real gm right now Perry has never done anything major or creative on draft night.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I think that's slightly more than it would take if we ended up at like 6 and needed to get to 2 or 3. What about something like:

#6, Dallas 2021 1st, our 2nd this year (or maybe one of the 2nds we have next year), and maybe DSJ.

Reasoning:

I think the Dallas 2021 1st has more value than the Clips pick from this year, simply because it's an unknown.
    We keep the Clips pick, but we give up the 2nd. That way we keep the higher of our two latter picks this year.
    With the salary cap being in flux, a team may want future assets instead of guaranteed salaries this year, hence the Dallas 2021 1st and the 2nd round pick instead of the Clips pick.
    I imagine DSJ will be a throw in regardless, because teams know we don't value him.
    i'd be fine with either, dont think anyone wants DSJR though.

Knox and the clips pick should be enough considering ball goes at 3 and we pick between 5 -7

1000000000% would rather trade a mavs pick than Knox.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    1000000000% would rather trade a mavs pick than Knox.
    I’d rather have the chance of drafting a good basketball player as opposed to keeping a bad one and hoping he becomes average.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I’d rather have the chance of drafting a good basketball player as opposed to keeping a bad one and hoping he becomes average.
    This

Unfortunately I’d bet any team we are trading with also agrees. Knox has very little value