Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 243 of 343 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 5139
  1. #3631
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,421
    I really dont get the hayes hype just sounds like another frank to me with less defense

    If we go the euro route give me deni

  2. #3632
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I really dont get the hayes hype just sounds like another frank to me with less defense

    If we go the euro route give me deni
    Heís nothing like Frank at all.

  3. #3633
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,514
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Heís nothing like Frank at all.
    Agreed heís much more aggressive and his scoring game is already far more advanced than Frankís imo. Heís got a great floater and from what Iíve seen it looks like he finishes at the rim/through contact well.

    Pretty sure Cole is one of the worst statistically at finishing at the rim.

  4. #3634
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,421
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Heís nothing like Frank at all.
    More or less meaning both are. French 6 6 pgs and coming from Europe

  5. #3635
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,496
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Agreed heís much more aggressive and his scoring game is already far more advanced than Frankís imo. Heís got a great floater and from what Iíve seen it looks like he finishes at the rim/through contact well.

    Pretty sure Cole is one of the worst statistically at finishing at the rim.
    While Hayes may have some scoring instincts, heís going to have trouble getting in the paint in the NBA. He has a lot of trouble getting by defenders in the German league.

    Cole struggled at the rim in part because he played with two traditonal bigs and no shooters, and thus absolutely no spacing.

    Hali is a decent finisher but heís allergic to the paint, kind of like Lonzo.

    All that said, still like Hayes the most of the bunch.

  6. #3636
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,421
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Agreed heís much more aggressive and his scoring game is already far more advanced than Frankís imo. Heís got a great floater and from what Iíve seen it looks like he finishes at the rim/through contact well.

    Pretty sure Cole is one of the worst statistically at finishing at the rim.
    Level of competition bro yea hayes is playing vs grown men but their scrubs

    If hayes played in spain id be more impressed

  7. #3637
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,100
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Itís a known fact that Gaines is responsible for the KP and Ntilikina picks. Gaines has stood by it himself on Twitter (not sure if you follow him or not).

    Gaines was already fired before the Knox pick. Not sure what youíre talking about with that.

    Yes, it comes down to the decision maker, but thereís no evidence of the Knicks decision makers going against their scouts.
    Nobody is saying Frank wasn't one of Gaines choices but so was Mitchell. Knicks had a good scout but it didn't amount to much because GM was Perry who has struck out gazillion amounts of time and is still here unless Dolan hires a experienced successful GM nothing will change.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  8. #3638
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Nobody is saying Frank wasn't one of Gaines choices but so was Mitchell. Knicks had a good scout but it didn't amount to much because GM was Perry who has struck out gazillion amounts of time and is still here unless Dolan hires a experienced successful GM nothing will change.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Perry wasnít the GM. Phil Jackson was still in charge. What are you talking about?

    The Knicks for a fact liked Ntilikina more. He was the player Gaines was pushing over everyone else. They wanted to draft him and trade back in for Mitchell. If they were higher on Mitchell, they wouldíve done it the opposite way.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-21-2020 at 06:12 PM.

  9. #3639
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,425
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    More or less meaning both are. French 6 6 pgs and coming from Europe
    Frank showed very little overseas. He was a project.

    Hayes shows easy 3-level scoring potential, heís a high level passer, and heís a very good finisher (especially in transition).

    He really just needs to improve with his right hand.

  10. #3640
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,785
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Frank showed very little overseas. He was a project.

    Hayes shows easy 3-level scoring potential, heís a high level passer, and heís a very good finisher (especially in transition).

    He really just needs to improve with his right hand.
    To be fair Frank played against MUCH tougher foes. when he played against comp like Hayes, Frank lit it up.

  11. #3641
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Frank showed very little overseas. He was a project.

    Hayes shows easy 3-level scoring potential, heís a high level passer, and heís a very good finisher (especially in transition).

    He really just needs to improve with his right hand.
    I agree Hayes is showing more than Frank did but that still doesn't change the fact that Hayes is having trouble getting separation from defenders in what amounts to a trash basketball league.

    I wouldn't be upset if Hayes is the pick.

    Also, Didn't you say you don't want another project?
    Hayes looks like he'll be good but I think he definitely lands in project territory like Knox and Frank.

    To be honest if we're picking in the late lottery might as well get Cole who looks like he'll be a player and is a NYer.

    Not in the mood for another Euro with no ties to NY who has no loyalty to the city.

    Getting a guy that has ties to NY like RJB or is an actual NYer like Cole makes a lot of sense for this team.
    People that want this team to succeed not just because they're on the team but because they Love this city.

    If there is a player like that ranked right around where we're picking why not go for it?

  12. #3642
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,627
    I'm not as concerned about Hayes when it comes to his lack of athleticism because of his size, craft, and mentality. Frank lacked athleticism, an advanced handle, and aggressiveness.

    I don't think Hayes is much different athletically than someone like D'Angelo Russell. He'll have to win in the same ways also.

  13. #3643
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,425
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    To be fair Frank played against MUCH tougher foes. when he played against comp like Hayes, Frank lit it up.
    Did he really? He played in the Jeep Elite mostly. Hayes played there as well. Hayes has performed very well in the EuroCup. Frank has never been the focal point of the offense like Hayes is.

  14. #3644
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Did he really? He played in the Jeep Elite mostly. Hayes played there as well. Hayes has performed very well in the EuroCup. Frank has never been the focal point of the offense like Hayes is.
    Frank and Hayes played in the same league. To your point, Hayes actually played in EuroCup, Frank didn't. Frank was still playing in U18 tournaments instead.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-21-2020 at 06:49 PM.

  15. #3645
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,514
    Hayes is just a better prospect than Frank period. It is what it is. Hayes may end up going top 5 in this draft where Frank was really more of a mid to late lotto prospect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •