Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 242 of 334 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4999
  1. #3616
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,497
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Iíve questioned the hate of Cole on here, but heís not even the second PG Iíd choose. I donít think heís as good of a prospect as either Ball or Hayes.
    Heís probably not and personally Iíd definitely take Ball and Hayes over Cole. I think thereís even a case for Haliburton over Cole or at the very least itís not an easy call between the two.

  2. #3617
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,407
    Sure msg sells out but we haven't had a star since melo

    Lamelo and his pops are definitely hollywood

    Never underestimate the greed of rich people Ball in the NY market makes a killing and pimp daddy dollars aka dolan gets more money off of that

    Dolan doesn't do things for basketball reasons he does it for the 💰

  3. #3618
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,407
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Iíve questioned the hate of Cole on here, but heís not even the second PG Iíd choose. I donít think heís as good of a prospect as either Ball or Hayes.
    I love ball im not gonna lie but im not a big fan of hayes i actually like hali and cole more

    Everyone knows i love cole lol but i love hali just as much

    Hayes to me has average athleticism and he's not a great shooter he also is not playing in a hard league in europe

  4. #3619
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,602
    Just adding to my post responding to questions about why the new guys that were hired would trade up:

    In Utah, Perrin is credited for being part of drafting five All-Stars Ė the latest being Donovan Mitchell. Perrin, according to a source, was instrumental in scoring an early workout with Mitchell even when it was obvious Utah would have to trade up to get him at 13.

    In 2003, Perrin lobbied for the Jazz to trade up to No. 3 and snare All-Star Deron Williams but they did so by bypassing Chris Paul.
    He has a history of being aggressive and if he likes someone, it seems like heíll try to get the team to trade up for them.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-21-2020 at 03:30 PM.

  5. #3620
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,100
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Marketing?! This is just as bad as the RJ stuff yesterday. What does marketing have to do with anything? The Knicks are already one of the most popular and valuable sports franchises in the entire world.

    Youíre also already making up your mind that if something like this happens, itís Dolan and not the people that were hired. You do know the same guy who pounded the table for the Jazz to trade up 11 spots for Mitchell is the same guy the Knicks hired, right? What about that says that heíd be opposed to trading up? If teams like a guy, they are going to try to get them.
    Knicks also had a guy who said to pick Mitchell but it didn't happen what has changed? Scouting was never Knicks weakness decision makers is and Perry is still here and he's going to be in charge.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  6. #3621
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,602
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Knicks also had a guy who said to pick Mitchell but it didn't happen what has changed? Scouting was never Knicks weakness decision makers is and Perry is still here and he's going to be in charge.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    What happened was that Phil Jackson and Gaines loved Ntilikina even more. Gaines is the guy Phil listened to the most. What does that have to do with Perry?

  7. #3622
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I was thinking the Clippers pick plus a Dallas pick to get to around 12 and then picking Lewis.
    Hmmm that would be pretty sick!

    But in that case I would definitely go BPA with our 1st.

  8. #3623
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,100
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    What happened was that Phil Jackson and Gaines loved Ntilikina even more. Gaines is the guy Phil listened to the most. What does that have to do with Perry?
    There was no way to know who they liked more but the fact is Gaines liked Mitchell as well but him liking a player means nothing if the decision makers go with there gut feeling same way this new guys may like someone but Knicks picks someone else it's always coming down to decision maker the guy Dolan hires whose not a real accomplished GM lol. Scott Perry was also the guy who kicked out Gaines as soon as he came in then selected Knox.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  9. #3624
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,088
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Heís probably not and personally Iíd definitely take Ball and Hayes over Cole. I think thereís even a case for Haliburton over Cole or at the very least itís not an easy call between the two.
    I have Cole behind all of them. I donít hate him, heís just not a top pick for me

  10. #3625
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,759
    the fact that we at least considered Mitchell and had him high on our list, and guys like DSJR low on our list, and at least tried to trade for another pick to get Mitchell was a good thing.

    Frank was and is a physical specimen for his position. You never know where that next Giannis is.

  11. #3626
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,602
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    There was no way to know who they liked more but the fact is Gaines liked Mitchell as well but him liking a player means nothing if the decision makers go with there gut feeling same way this new guys may like someone but Knicks picks someone else it's always coming down to decision maker the guy Dolan hires whose not a real accomplished GM lol. Scott Perry was also the guy who kicked out Gaines as soon as he came in then selected Knox.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Itís a known fact that Gaines is responsible for the KP and Ntilikina picks. Gaines has stood by it himself on Twitter (not sure if you follow him or not).

    Gaines was already fired before the Knox pick. Not sure what youíre talking about with that.

    Yes, it comes down to the decision maker, but thereís no evidence of the Knicks decision makers going against their scouts.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-21-2020 at 04:43 PM.

  12. #3627
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,528
    I am trusting Rose and his new people to get the best player they can without resorting to old Knick ways trading multiple 1st unless for a young proven star. I have a good feeling about Rose and Like the organizations he is pulling his people from, solid organizations. If Ball is their guy so be it. We are rebuilding anyway. If Nets somehow pull off a Bradley Beal trade its a wrap anyway if not already with Kyrie and Durant alone.

  13. #3628
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Marketing?! This is just as bad as the RJ stuff yesterday. What does marketing have to do with anything? The Knicks are already one of the most popular and valuable sports franchises in the entire world.

    Youíre also already making up your mind that if something like this happens, itís Dolan and not the people that were hired. You do know the same guy who pounded the table for the Jazz to trade up 11 spots for Mitchell is the same guy the Knicks hired, right? What about that says that heíd be opposed to trading up? If teams like a guy, they are going to try to get them.
    Well they hired Steve Stout.

  14. #3629
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,602
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Well they hired Steve Stout.
    Every business has marketing people. What does that have to do with anything? Heís not apart of basketball operations.

  15. #3630
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,382
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    the fact that we at least considered Mitchell and had him high on our list, and guys like DSJR low on our list, and at least tried to trade for another pick to get Mitchell was a good thing.

    Frank was and is a physical specimen for his position. You never know where that next Giannis is.
    I remember you said thatís the least important part of the PG position.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •