Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2437
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Fans think this way, but teams dont think this way though.

They don't predict where teams will finish. They just look at the picks, not where they might fall.

Want an extreme example of this? The Knicks traded for the Clippers pick and included a swap feature just in case disaster befalls the Clippers. Will it happen? Probably not but the Knicks did it anyway. I really dont think other teams will over analyze those Dallas picks. They will look at protections and that's it.
    yup, look what happen to GS.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    well I went back to 2017 so have fun going from there lol, it didn't happen in fact I can give you recent examples in my search where teams traded a #20 for a #24 and #33.

Another trade was for a 21st pick and cost them a 23rd and future first, so I don't think I'm off here, teams don't trade late for in the present draft for another late first in the future without some sort of compensation, these recent examples, i'll stop there because honestly I think your really nit picking this to the extreme lol.......but be my guess go find one, it's not that hard to google all trades each year.
    You're confusing me- What I'm saying is that the "some sort of compensation" can usually be cash. So who cares. Picks have definitely been traded for cash. So clearly they can be traded for cash and future pick.

Yeah I hear you I just meant that I don't think teams are going to look at those Dallas picks and say: "Wow they have Luka so their pick will be at the end of the first round." They will probably take the approach that Dallas is a decent team and that their pick could potentially fall between the 12-18 range depending on a number of factors.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Luka & KP isn't enough to win a title right now but it's enough for 50+ wins every year, especially with THJR back to his solid #3 role.

People are really sleeping on Doncic, his efficiency isn't going to go down, he's a monster and like Giannis will get better every year. He's a generational talent.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    lol
    dont get me started on THJR man...lol.

14.8ppg in just 27mpg. 43/40/81 shooting, 58% TS. including more 3s than anyone on our entire team despite the lower mpg. He's really an elite 3pt shooter this year. starting SG on a very good team out west. People said he wasn't a legit starter. He's been very good.

The ultimate irony is DAL will probably re-sign him to a similar deal $ wise and no one will bat an eye.

Tell you what gimme THJR anyday over Portis & Payton, he makes much more sense on this team. Ellington & Bullock are too one-dimensional.

Not to digress - But Auburn playing Georgia tomorrow. This Isaac kid has shot up the boards, saw him at #3 in a mock this morning, with us taking Lamelo @ 4. Have we even discussed him here?
    He's questionable to play tomorrow. Would've been a nice showdown if it happens

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Not to digress - But Auburn playing Georgia tomorrow. This Isaac kid has shot up the boards, saw him at #3 in a mock this morning, with us taking Lamelo @ 4. Have we even discussed him here?
    He's questionable to play tomorrow. Would've been a nice showdown if it happens
    From what I've read and heard - defensive wing, high floor/safer pick. He seems like De'Andre Hunter in last year's draft.

I haven't watched him, but that's the vibe I get from articles and podcasts. Not sure if they can afford to take another wing that struggles to shoot. I believe in RJ's shot, but that's a rough plunge to take for a player with a perceived lower ceiling.

LaMelo's shot is a question mark also, but his potential is so great that it's worth the risk. We should definitely be talking about Avdija more though. He seems like a really good option if the Knicks don't get Edwards or Ball.

Here are their rankings for comparison. It seems like they've started to mock based on need and possibly intel.

1. Anthony Edwards
    2. LaMelo Ball
    3. James Wiseman
    4. Isaac Okoro
    5. Deni Avdija
    6. Tyrese Haliburton
    7. Tyrese Maxey
    8. Onyeka Okongwu
    9. Nico Mannion
    10. Obi Toppin
    11. Cole Anthony
    12. RJ Hampton
    13. Jaden McDaniels
    14. Killian Hayes

Cole is definitely starting to fall and it seems like he'll be available if the Knicks are unfortunate and fall in the lottery like they typically do. I'm surprised they don't have Hayes higher.

Nesmith has moved up to 16 in their mock, 19 in their rankings.

Tyrese Haliburton | So. | PG | Iowa State

Mock draft: No. 8

After fracturing his wrist in late December, Haliburton continued to play through injury until reaggravating it on Feb. 8, leading to surgery that will end his season and likely his college career. Still, this season can't be described as anything but a resounding success, as he was able to shoulder a bigger offensive load while expanding his game and remaining efficient.

Haliburton is possibly the most unconventional prospect in this draft. He's a 6-foot-5 point guard who weighs 173 pounds, possessing unorthodox shooting mechanics and a phenomenal feel for the game. Haliburton loves to empower teammates by pushing the ball ahead and igniting the break. He's creative in the half court, showing a propensity for jumping high in the air and finding the open man. He didn't have much help, which depressed his assist numbers, but he will wow you with the way he makes the game easy for teammates.

Haliburton lacks a degree of strength and explosiveness to beat better defenders off the dribble and finish inside the paint, preferring to avoid contact. His lack of physicality can be an issue on the defensive end, as well, as stronger players often go right through him. His pull-up jumper is a work in progress, showing varying mechanics that tend to break down when closely contested. The fact that he has tremendous touch on floaters helps, but he's forced to settle for difficult shots from outside the paint, making it questionable whether he'll ever be able to develop into a primary ball handler and creator in the NBA.

To his credit, Haliburton has plenty of experience operating off the ball and has developed into one of the best 3-point shooters in college basketball with his feet set -- making 49% of such attempts this season, according to Synergy data, and 42% of all 3s for his college career. He contributes in a variety of other areas, as he's an excellent rebounder, regularly gets in the passing lanes and shows terrific timing as a shot-blocker.

Haliburton doesn't fit into a traditional evaluation box and needs to have the right teammates around him to be successful, which makes projecting his draft stock a bit tricky. He's likely going to be more appealing to teams with star prospects already in place. But considering he's essentially the same age as some of the freshmen in this class, he will probably continue to expand his game as his frame adds bulk.

Aaron Nesmith | So. | SF | Vanderbilt

Mock draft: No. 16

Nesmith's sophomore season was cut short after 14 games, but he displayed plenty of development during that time, averaging 23 points and shooting 52% from 3 on eight attempts per game. He combines that production with ideal physical attributes for an NBA wing, standing 6-6 with a shredded frame and a wingspan projected around seven feet. He's a good athlete who can play above the rim in transition, showing the ability to bounce off of opponents on straight-line drives and get to the free throw line at a solid rate. Nesmith is one of the best prospects in this class shooting off of screens, needing very little time or space to get into his jumper. A deadly floor spacer with his feet set, he is also a capable option shooting off the dribble or attacking a closeout.

Although he shows flashes of being able to execute basic passes and doesn't turn the ball over often, Nesmith's assist rate is the second-worst among non-bigs in this class. The lack of capable scoring options around him at Vanderbilt certainly didn't help, but he has a lot of room to grow. He's a fairly clunky ball handler who doesn't have the best feel, looking a bit wild at times, hoisting up difficult shots in the midrange or barreling into the lane for offensive fouls. That extends to the defensive end, as he doesn't always know the scouting report and can be a step slow reacting off the ball. His size, length and strength gives him some room to grow in this area over time, but he'll have to bring more consistent energy.

As other prospects in the mid-first round have faltered, Nesmith has gotten more buzz from scouts with teams going back to study his film and seeing a clear role for him in the NBA. Players with his physical tools who can shoot on the move are valuable. Nesmith has a chance to continue to help himself in the pre-draft process with strong interviews and workouts demonstrating he's healthy.
    Last edited by smood999; 02-18-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Looking at that list I dont have a clue if Edwards at#1 will be better than Hayes at#14. cant remember a draft like this in a while, no clear cut guy anywhere. so of course we'll get the #1 this year.

Yeah hayes is way to low

As for the I trial mock I se the pistons taking a point guard. They like the knicks need somebody at PG

Looking at that list I dont have a clue if Edwards at#1 will be better than Hayes at#14. cant remember a draft like this in a while, no clear cut guy anywhere. so of course we'll get the #1 this year.
    100% and the best player will go 8th lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

Here are their rankings for comparison. It seems like they've started to mock based on need and possibly intel.

1. Anthony Edwards
    2. LaMelo Ball
    3. James Wiseman
    4. Isaac Okoro
    5. Deni Avdija
    6. Tyrese Haliburton
    7. Tyrese Maxey
    8. Onyeka Okongwu
    9. Nico Mannion
    10. Obi Toppin
    11. Cole Anthony
    12. RJ Hampton
    13. Jaden McDaniels
    14. Killian Hayes

Cole is definitely starting to fall and it seems like he'll be available if the Knicks are unfortunate and fall in the lottery like they typically do. I'm surprised they don't have Hayes higher.

Nesmith has moved up to 16 in their mock, 19 in their rankings.
    Love that the Knicks have LaMelo on this mock draft board

Cole is wayyyyyyy too low on that list. Definitely hurts its credibility.

Which is why the Knicks should trade for another lottery pick. Get two studs from this draft.

Which is why the Knicks should trade for another lottery pick. Get two studs from this draft.
    Which is why y'all need to act now