Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2375
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I like where you are going here. Whose picks do they own?
    they have the Grizz at present at #17 they are trading that for a future, they need SF's and PF's in their future also, and that is a great place to pick.

then why give up anything for 27 and 30 pick? those are terrible picks vs an early 2nd round pick, with no guarantees and no cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Trading multiple picks to try and get into the late lottery of a horrible draft so we can somehow luck into 2 core pieces sounds like a really bad idea.

I get some here are obsessed with the lottery, but a late lottery pick in a poor draft is not a wise return for multiple future picks. If we're going to unload the number of picks it would take to get into the lottery, we should be unloading them for an all star, not for a dart throw at a potential core piece in a really bad draft.
    Agreed. And future picks are more valuable in a trade in general than someone we already picked.

The funny thing about 1st round picks is that theyíre extremely valuable, but depreciate almost instantly once you make the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    they have the Grizz at present at #17 they are trading that for a future, they need SF's and PF's in their future also, and that is a great place to pick.

then why give up anything for 27 and 30 pick? those are terrible picks vs an early 2nd round pick, with no guarantees and no cap hit.
    Whoís talking about giving up anything for a 27 or 30 pick?

And Iím only saying to do it, if thereís something we really love available. Didnít say it would happen, or they would do it. But thereís no reason to shoot it down, itís a possibility. Ainge was never envisioning he would even still have all those picks, so why assume heís attached or invested in them.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-18-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

Yeah I dont want 27 and 30. And 17 is not high enough for the trouble it would take to get the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Whoís talking about them giving up anything for a 27 or 30 pick? Iím talking about something in another year for them.

And Iím only saying to do it, if thereís something we really love available. Didnít say it would happen, or they would do it. But thereís no reason to shoot it down, itís a possibility. Ainge was never envisioning he would even still have all those picks, so why assume heís attached or invested in them.
    I'm not they are stuck with them, they are not so valuable this year, you will see not such a great return in this draft class.

Lottery teams need their future picks, contending teams don't want them, Heck you know what the more I think about it in his draft our 2nd from Pistons and next year's 2nd from charlotte should do the trick

But only if a player is still on the board you feel will be gone by say the 5th pick in the second round, because now your giving up another 2nd round pick that will be early.

Do you do that for number 30 though? It makes the contracts guaranteed vs pick a guy 5 picks later?

I think a trade for those two seconds and their own pick not the Bucks pick is actually fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Agreed. And future picks are more valuable in a trade in general than someone we already picked.

The funny thing about 1st round picks is that theyíre extremely valuable, but depreciate almost instantly once you make the pick.
    I'm not opposed to trading up using the Clips pick, a player, and one of our 2nds, to move up a handful of spots and get a guy we love in the middle of the 1st. But to unload 3 firsts ++ to get into the lottery is not something we should do.

If I am the Knicks...go with a young core which is what the Brooklyn Nets did for a few years. They built their team through the Draft and that is what the Knicks should be doing. I mean y'all have a young team for the most part which is what Brooklyn had not all that long ago. If New York Knicks take that approach at least for this draft and go young by getting a top 2, 3 or 4 pick and then get another draft pick either in the teens or in the 20s then that will be a good draft. Then y'all would have the assets needed well cap space to go after who you need to go after in 2021.

Just draft a scoring PG and trade for a All Star this off-season hopefully with so many picks the new fo can make it happen.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I'm not opposed to trading up using the Clips pick, a player, and one of our 2nds, to move up a handful of spots and get a guy we love in the middle of the 1st. But to unload 3 firsts ++ to get into the lottery is not something we should do.
    Just to be clear I was suggesting 2 firsts, not 3. The Dallas picks or one Dallas pick and the Clips pick.

Just to be clear I was suggesting 2 firsts, not 3. The Dallas picks or one Dallas pick and the Clips pick.
    i get it but no one's trading a 7-10 pick for 2 late 1sts, even if this is a weak draft. If someone offered us two late 1st's for our pick we'd all be LMAO!

our best best IMO is targeting a pick around 17-20

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i get it but no one's trading a 7-10 pick for 2 late 1sts, even if this is a weak draft. If someone offered us two late 1st's for our pick we'd all be LMAO!

our best best IMO is targeting a pick around 17-20
    You dont know the picks will be late except for this years Clippers pick.

You dont know the picks will be late except for this years Clippers pick.
    come on, DAL is going to be damn good next year barring MAJOR injuries. Teams know that. Even with Doncic & KP missing time this year they are still on pace for 50+ wins.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    come on, DAL is going to be damn good next year barring MAJOR injuries. Teams know that. Even with Doncic & KP missing time this year they are still on pace for 50+ wins.
    You cant predict the future though. Things happen fast in the NBA. Things change and one of those picks is 3 years from now.

You cant predict the future though. Things happen fast in the NBA. Things change.
    Would you take the Clippers 1st this year and next for our pick this year? I mean things can change right? Maybe Clippers won't be that good next year?

Of course you wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If I am the Knicks...go with a young core which is what the Brooklyn Nets did for a few years. They built their team through the Draft and that is what the Knicks should be doing. I mean y'all have a young team for the most part which is what Brooklyn had not all that long ago. If New York Knicks take that approach at least for this draft and go young by getting a top 2, 3 or 4 pick and then get another draft pick either in the teens or in the 20s then that will be a good draft. Then y'all would have the assets needed well cap space to go after who you need to go after in 2021.
    your a nets fan right? You know they did it by vets last year and Dinwiddie who they did not draft and Russell who they traded for right? 3 vets all no longer with the team had huge impacts on the Nets being a 42 win team.

How far back does your example go exactly to this great Net team put together via the draft?

2012 no pick
    2013- Mason Plumlee at #22
    2014- no pick at all
    2015- Chris McCollough at #29
    2016- no first yet again, Marcus Paige in 2nd round
    2017- Jarret Allen at #22 and traded the #27 pick turned out to be Kuzma
    2018- Musa @#29 getting 10 min and Kurocks in the 2nd round getting 18m
    2019-both firsts traded and a 2nd which is Claxton

I'm not sure there could be a worse case of building a team via the draft than the Nets to be honest?

The three vets last year and Dinwiddie and Russell playing at an allstar level is what changed the culture along with Kenny Atkinson, an good training facility and great PR........

Welcome to the brave new world and nets have how many wins this year to show for it, will they get out of the first round or be exactly where the 3 vets got them too last year?

We always have next year but now we have know how much both Kyrie and KD will stay on the court and if they retain Dinwiddie or Levert, one seems to be on their way out.

BTW- Levert was a trade for Thad Young and 2nd round pick, that worked out really well for them.