Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 85 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2237
  1. #1261
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11,856
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    yea because chances are greater we wind up with a Frank or Knox and how does that help this roster instead of having assets in case a player wants to make a trade, and use our new FO for actually what there strengths are?

    You know it's not the draft, right?
    And what if that player never becomes available? I think you know that teams are not in business to help the Knicks?

    I think we both know the Knicks should not have drafted Frank. The problem was not the draft but the person making the draft pick who is no longer here.

    Obviously, we need to make the right pick and choose the right players.

  2. #1262
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    2,896
    They need to do whats needed to get 2 top 10 picks this draft if possible. Trade the Dallas and Clippers pick if you need to. Everyone but RJ and Mitch should be used to make it happen. Draft a PG and a Wing at top 10.

    Along with RJ and Mitch that should be our new core. And something to be excited about and a good foundation to then bring in the vets. Everyone else on the team is just not gonna make it happen. Other than maybe Payton, smart to re-up him. Maybe the warriors would give us their pick if we include Elfrids cheap contract in a deal, would be a great back up without hurting cap for them. Get 2 top 10 picks if you can get it done this year. That would make me happy. Hopefully one of them can be a top 3.

  3. #1263
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,247
    there's no reason for a lottery team to trade a top 10 pick for 2 late 1st;s. Can't recall that ever happening.

    I think realistically moving up to 18-20 is something we could look at though.

  4. #1264
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11,856
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    but look at all the lottery teams and tell me who is doing that with us? Well we have plenty of time before the draft and nothing can happen prior till after he season is completed so i'll worry about this later and with any draft watch how the first round picks change in the next month or so......

    How about we keep our assets and get really good drafting with the Clips pick for that SG and hopefully get a good pick with our lottery pick.

    Tell you what the difference in this draft from 1-7 isn't anything drastic except one big thing: What you have to pay the top draftee's vs the guys lower down........something to think about especially if we get lucky with ping pong balls, now if Wiseman isn't your guy, or you feel it's pretty equal for the PGs, then you trade down depending on where everyone else winds up.

    But thinking about and Atlanta, GS, Cleve, that just may be a great opportunity to actually trade down, still get your guy and get more assets to make more moves. I'd rather that scenario, so how about we let the lottery happen first before we make any moves?
    Last year Chicago and Cleveland were two of the teams shopping their lotto pick. There is always a couple teams willing to listen and deal if the right offer is made.

    Yeah I know it's early for all this draft talk but there is nothing else to focus on.

  5. #1265
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11,856
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    there's no reason for a lottery team to trade a top 10 pick for 2 late 1st;s. Can't recall that ever happening.

    I think realistically moving up to 18-20 is something we could look at though.
    This is why I offered the Dallas picks. No one knows where those picks will fall. Teams dont look at picks like fans do. They just know they are getting an unprotected pick and a top 10 protected pick. That's a pretty good offer.

  6. #1266
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,338
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    there's no reason for a lottery team to trade a top 10 pick for 2 late 1st;s. Can't recall that ever happening.

    I think realistically moving up to 18-20 is something we could look at though.
    Boston looks to have 3 mid-late 1sts. Iím sure they arenít planning on actually picking and keeping 3 players

    Also could maybe go with LAs pick, plus a salary dump in exchange for a better pick. Some team might like Portis for some bench shooting/size/scoring, or Bullock. Plenty of creative ways to make it happen
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-18-2020 at 12:51 PM.

  7. #1267
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    2,896
    im hating on Minnesota right now. KAT, DLO and possibly a top pick. They need to start winning.

  8. #1268
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,247
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Boston looks to have 3 mid-late 1sts. Iím sure they arenít planning on actually picking and keeping 3 players

    Also could maybe go with LAs pick, plus a salary dump in exchange for a better pick. Some team might like Portis for some bench shooting/size/scoring, or Bullock. Plenty of creative ways to make it happen
    will we even have Portis's rights on draft night unless we pick up their options? Portis, Payton, Taj, Bullock, Ell, applies to all of them.

    but there u go, if anyone is in a position to move up it's BOS.

  9. #1269
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,338
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    will we even have Portis's rights on draft night unless we pick up their options? Portis, Payton, Taj, Bullock, Ell, applies to all of them.

    but there u go, if anyone is in a position to move up it's BOS.
    Also a possibility. I just wonder if they would be looking to further crowd the rotation/dynamic there unless it was by dealing away some of the core for a bigger star

  10. #1270
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,597
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Boston looks to have 3 mid-late 1sts. Iím sure they arenít planning on actually picking and keeping 3 players

    Also could maybe go with LAs pick, plus a salary dump in exchange for a better pick. Some team might like Portis for some bench shooting/size/scoring, or Bullock. Plenty of creative ways to make it happen
    So what do we have to entice Boston to trade us one of them? Are they going to trade us one of these for future picks and it won't be one for one, so now we lose two picks for one late round pick in a week draft?

    We don't have any player that they will want, so I don't see how they can't find another partner to trade with that can actually give them something better?

    Only thing I can think of is if with Tatum coming up for an extension and them just paying Brown, smart locked up and Kemba a lock, will they want to resign Hayward? That could put them in lux tax land but they aren't giving him up and a pick for anything we have, right?

  11. #1271
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,338
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So what do we have to entice Boston to trade us one of them? Are they going to trade us one of these for future picks and it won't be one for one, so now we lose two picks for one late round pick in a week draft?

    We don't have any player that they will want, so I don't see how they can't find another partner to trade with that can actually give them something better?

    Only thing I can think of is if with Tatum coming up for an extension and them just paying Brown, smart locked up and Kemba a lock, will they want to resign Hayward? That could put them in lux tax land but they aren't giving him up and a pick for anything we have, right?
    Why couldnít it be as simple as them having no need for 3 picks this year. Swap one of theirs for DALs next year

    Not sure how this works, but arenít they hard capped? Might not even be able to fit in 3 1st round salary slots anyway
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-18-2020 at 01:13 PM.

  12. #1272
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11,856
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Why couldnít it be as simple as them having no need for 3 picks this year. Swap one of theirs for DALs next year

    Not sure how this works, but arenít they hard capped? Might not even be able to fit in 3 1st round salary slots anyway
    I like where you are going here. Whose picks do they own?

  13. #1273
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,597
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Why couldnít it be as simple as them having no need for 3 picks this year. Swap one of theirs for DALs next year
    Have you ever seen a team trade a late first for another late first in a later season? Not without further compensation which then it doesn't equate for us to do, especially in this draft.

    They will however trade for prospects with a team under the cap to make it a simple trade. Do we have anyone that fits that description?

    I think for us to make any trade with Boston it would take our 2nd and a Dallas first because the 2nd don't hit the cap they can stick the player on a two way deal or even trade that player in a package.

    Are you willing to give more than a Dallas pick because that won't get it done? I'd keep the second and the Dallas pick over one of Boston's picks this draft.

  14. #1274
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    34,133
    Trading multiple picks to try and get into the late lottery of a horrible draft so we can somehow luck into 2 core pieces sounds like a really bad idea.

    I get some here are obsessed with the lottery, but a late lottery pick in a poor draft is not a wise return for multiple future picks. If we're going to unload the number of picks it would take to get into the lottery, we should be unloading them for an all star, not for a dart throw at a potential core piece in a really bad draft.

  15. #1275
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    34,133
    Boston tried to trade into the lottery to draft Winslow and dangled like 4 future 1sts. It would take a massive haul to get into the late lottery. At least the Clips pick and both Dallas picks. That's not a wise move in a weak draft. You can get an all-star for that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •