Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2311
    JUCCO sensation Jay Schubb and Markus Howard should be Knicks targets in the 2nd rd both can shoot 3's and can create their own offense.

And with the Knicks second round pick, I wouldn't mind seeing what Jay Scrubbs can do. 6 6' playmaking SG. I think he's playing in the Juco league right now..lol Committed to Louisville next yr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ygPcmqLxXc

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    if we come away with Nesmith and one of the PG's we'd be in good shape.

Mitch
    Randle
    RJ
    Nesmith
    Tyrese? Nico?

I like that team, eventually move Randle or make him 6th man and upgrade the 4 spot.
    I just can't see this team moving Randle to the bench until we are at least a playoff contender. He'd still be our best producer in that lineup and would most likely start. We need to make some trades for some legit starters if we are going to move Randle to the bench, or we just need to trade him away.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I just can't see this team moving Randle to the bench until we are at least a playoff contender. He'd still be our best producer in that lineup and would most likely start. We need to make some trades for some legit starters if we are going to move Randle to the bench, or we just need to trade him away.
    Well if you tryin to trade Randle to at least get a star to New York...it is probably goin to take Randle, Payton, DSJ and a draft pick or Randle, Payton and 2 draft picks one lottery protected and the other unprotected elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Yeah we arenít built to move him to bench yet but I donít want him here. Hopefully he finishes strong and somebody wants to trade for him in the offseason. If we package him with the clippers pick and the second rounder I wonder if we could get another lottery pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Yeah we arenít built to move him to bench yet but I donít want him here. Hopefully he finishes strong and somebody wants to trade for him in the offseason. If we package him with the clippers pick and the second rounder I wonder if we could get another lottery pick?

That's not nearly enough. Keep the second rounder and add a Dallas pick. Even then that might not be enough. Might have to add another player or take back a contract.

I think with our first pick Iím leaning either Lamelo or Killian Hayes.. Lamelo could be a head case to deal with but his court vision and passing is maybe the best Iíve ever seen at his age, not too mention he has plenty ability to score and can Man the PG for us for many years as long as he stays happy..

Killian Hayes is not as flashy as Lamelo but I see the makings of a very good PG.. Heís not super athletic but has great court vision, can score at all 3 levels, has good size and projects as a better defender than Lamelo. I know some might get scared off drafting another young French kid, but Hayes is much more developed than Frank was coming into the league..

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post

If you package Randle with the Clippers pick and a 2nd rounder you almost are going to have to include another player in the deal but then which team to trade Randle and all those other parts to? There is a team like the Bulls especially if you could get Zach Lavine who is a star or other teams like Phoenix Suns, Orlando Magic if you try to get a big man like Nikola Vucevic who was an All Star last year or if you get Aaron Gordon instead

Or you can trade Randle in a package to a team like the Spurs especially if you are trying to get someone like DeMar DeRozan or LaMarcus Aldridge in New York

Or to a team like the Washington Wizards especially if you are trying to go after Bradley Beal or John Wall

Or to a team like the Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    I think with our first pick Iím leaning either Lamelo or Killian Hayes.. Lamelo could be a head case to deal with but his court vision and passing is maybe the best Iíve ever seen at his age, not too mention he has plenty ability to score and can Man the PG for us for many years as long as he stays happy..

Killian Hayes is not as flashy as Lamelo but I see the makings of a very good PG.. Heís not super athletic but has great court vision, can score at all 3 levels, has good size and projects as a better defender than Lamelo. I know some might get scared off drafting another young French kid, but Hayes is much more developed than Frank was coming into the league..
    If I am the Knicks I go LaMelo Ball

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    JUCCO sensation Jay Schubb and Markus Howard should be Knicks targets in the 2nd rd both can shoot 3's and can create their own offense.
    Did we post this at the same time? I'm interested in what Scrubbs can do. He can play the 1, 2, or 3 it appears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJHpC1hTIjI&t=95s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cadaT4hFFLs . scouting video... 40' vertical, 46% from 3. Nice handle too
    Last edited by Bivory; 02-17-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Iíll just keep banging this drum bc I believe itís true, this kid Christian Wood is poised to breakout. Plays D, shoots over 36% from 3 as opposed to Randleís 29%, doesnít stop the ball/plays within the offense, potentially a great stretch 4 next to Mitch:

https://youtu.be/tn7F1QUNJxk

Pistons may not match if we offer him over $15 mil or something & I think it could be worth the gamble. Then draft either Ball or Haliburton, Nesmith with that 2nd pick (if we have to deal DSJ & Trier with our pick to move up for Nesmith, do it). Killian Tillie in the 2nd round. Resign Ellington & Taj as vets and bring Sanon in.

Ball-Nesmith-RJ-Wood-Mitch
    Frank-Dot-Knox-Randle-Tillie
    Sanon-Ellington-Iggy-Wooten-Taj

Is a potentially fun roster that could be the start of something truly good.

I like Aaron Nesmith but when all is said and done I think he gets drafted in the teens..

When it comes to our pick Clipper pick I think itís gonna come down to three guys.

Those three guys are Jahmius Ramsey, Jordan Nwora and Elijah Hughes.

Jahmius Ramsey is young but has shown a lot of promise this year putting up very solid numbers for Texas Tech. Shoots the ball well, plays very good defense and has had a big role on a good team this year while only being 18. He is a bit one dimensional as a 3 and D guy but could be very good in that role. I think there is a chance he goes back to school, but if he does declare I see him going right around where we pick.

Jordan Nwora seems to be slipping towards this final leg of the season, but showed promise offensively for a good chunk of the year. He is a one dimensional player that is a bit of a ball stopper but has a good 3 point shot. Not a great defender but does rebound well for a guard. Iím still on the fence about how I feel about him and I think how he finishes this year will determine his draft stock.

Elijah Hughes is my guy. I gotta preface by saying Iím a huge Cuse fan and have been swayed by a lot of Cuse guys before whether it was Johnny Flynn who I was crazy about pre draft, Wes Johnson, Michael Carter Williams, Demetrius Nichols and a few others. My cousin also is dating Elijahís sister so Iíve been following him extremely closely since last year with my cousin, have gone to a see him play with Elijahís family and my blinders are admittedly on tight.. I just see Elijah very differently than those guys before him and he has things that those guys didnít.

Elijah is an extremely well rounded player that can score at all 3 levels, has a great court vision, is a very good defender and very important to Syracuseís team. Heís very athletic, got an NBA body and can play the 1-3. His handle is very good and is very good at getting by defenders 1 on 1 and getting to the basket. Heís the leading scorer in the ACC, and if it wasnít for last weeks game where he only played 2 minutes because he strained his groin in warmups heíd be averaging more than 20 ppg. Heís not a ball stopper at all and does a great job finding and setting up his teammates. He has to get mostly all his points going iso due to the fact that Joe Girard is not quick enough to get past his defender yet at point and lead to guys getting open shots. He also has Buddy on the floor all the time who has coaches son syndrome and shoots almost every time he touches the ball. If Elijah was on another team I genuinely believe hed have more ppg than he has now. I think fatigue also plays a role in his 3 point% not being as high as it could be because he plays 40 minutes most nights and loses some lift on his jumpshots at the end of games by just being tired. He has a beautiful stroke though and I firmly believe heíll be fantastic shooting 3s at the next level. He also has a bunch of unbelievable highlight blocks that just demonstrate how athletic he is.

His draft stock has been going up all year and itís obvious he worked his butt off all off season because heís transformed into a completely different player. That shows he has the work ethic to become an NBA player. Heís a finalist for the Julius Erving award and if he can put this Cuse team on his back during this final stretch than I think he can win it..

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    And with the Knicks second round pick, I wouldn't mind seeing what Jay Scrubbs can do. 6 6' playmaking SG. I think he's playing in the Juco league right now..lol Committed to Louisville next yr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ygPcmqLxXc
    Reminds me of a young Tracy McGrady but left handed.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Iíll just keep banging this drum bc I believe itís true, this kid Christian Wood is poised to breakout. Plays D, shoots over 36% from 3 as opposed to Randleís 29%, doesnít stop the ball/plays within the offense, potentially a great stretch 4 next to Mitch:

https://youtu.be/tn7F1QUNJxk

Pistons may not match if we offer him over $15 mil or something & I think it could be worth the gamble. Then draft either Ball or Haliburton, Nesmith with that 2nd pick (if we have to deal DSJ & Trier with our pick to move up for Nesmith, do it). Killian Tillie in the 2nd round. Resign Ellington & Taj as vets and bring Sanon in.

Ball-Nesmith-RJ-Wood-Mitch
    Frank-Dot-Knox-Randle-Tillie
    Sanon-Ellington-Iggy-Wooten-Taj

Is a potentially fun roster that could be the start of something truly good.
    heart some great news, Wood is not a RFA he is a UFA, he is free to any team, and he will be in high demand.

Maybe our new FO with all it's so called connections can land this guy, he fits next to Mitch like a glove. I would love to add him and a shooting wing this off season with our pick.

I'm not sure he'll want to stay with the Pistons unless they offer max money at him........should be fun to watch where this kid lands, but he sure picked the right time to break out and the right year to be a UFA that is for sure.