Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 79 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2311
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I would agree to trading all of them Knox, DSJ and Dot...plus the Hornets pick but keep Frank
    yea out of all of those guys I'd obviously prefer to keep Frank. he's the only one of the group that doesn't hurt you and his skillset is unique. Dot too but if we're getting Nesmith he's a much better version of Dot.

With the clippers pick, Paul Reed out of DePaul all day!

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yea out of all of those guys I'd obviously prefer to keep Frank. he's the only one of the group that doesn't hurt you and his skillset is unique. Dot too but if we're getting Nesmith he's a much better version of Dot.
    I think it's getting hard to justify keeping Frank around as his # gets higher and he gets closer to his QO. Most teams cut bait with a lottery guy who has improved as little as Frank has in his first 3 years. Josh Jackson, Mudiay, Jah Okafor etc. are just a few that I think were in similar scenarios. Frank has the fact that this FA class is so weak in his favor, but I'd imagine we can find much better ways to spend that 8.5M.

Ideally we can dump some salary and justify giving Frank one last look but he really hasn't earned it and it would definitely be his last chance here.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think it's getting hard to justify keeping Frank around as his # gets higher and he gets closer to his QO. Most teams cut bait with a lottery guy who has improved as little as Frank has in his first 3 years. Josh Jackson, Mudiay, Jah Okafor etc. are just a few that I think were in similar scenarios. Frank has the fact that this FA class is so weak in his favor, but I'd imagine we can find much better ways to spend that 8.5M.

Ideally we can dump some salary and justify giving Frank one last look but he really hasn't earned it and it would definitely be his last chance here.
    Frank is already locked in for 6.2m next year. I've been saying I think we should resign him for something like 4/24m. if he breaks out it's a bargain, if he stays the same it's a slight overpay but nothing that kills our cap.

Frank is already locked in for 6.2m next year. I've been saying I think we should resign him for something like 4/24m. if he breaks out it's a bargain, if he stays the same it's a slight overpay but nothing that kills our cap.
    Ok - I thought we had to give him a QO for next year. My bad.

I would definitely not extend Frank for anything. That doesn't make any sense at all IMO. Who would do that???? If it was anyone but Frank I don't think you would be saying that.

I would definitely not extend Frank for anything. That doesn't make any sense at all IMO. Who would do that???? If it was anyone but Frank I don't think you would be saying that.
    I mean I like Frank yes so $6m per year for his 22-25 years could be a steal. our track record of spending cap space isn't good.

I'd extend Mitch too but a guy like Mitch isn't going to take $6m per year, he's going to wait til he hits FAgency and can get $20m per.

These type of deals only make sense for guys like Frank. even 3/18m could make sense for both parties. better than paying him $8.5m for 1 year, or risking another team offering a bigger deal and losing him for nothing.

I mean I like Frank yes so $6m per year for his 22-25 years could be a steal. our track record of spending cap space isn't good.

I'd extend Mitch too but a guy like Mitch isn't going to take $6m per year, he's going to wait til he hits FAgency and can get $20m per.

These type of deals only make sense for guys like Frank. even 3/18m could make sense for both parties. better than paying him $8.5m for 1 year, or risking another team offering a bigger deal and losing him for nothing.
    You think us, or any other team is lining up to pay Frank 6M or more on a multi-year deal? Dude hasnít even proven heís a reliable back-end rotation guy. I dont see that happening. Maybe a 1+1 for a few Mil, or a multi-year for cheap

I don't think the concern about losing Frank for nothing should even be on the minds of anyone right now. Certainly not enough to give him a panic deal. Frank is nowhere near earning a long term deal at 8-10M+ so just let it play out. But handing him 24M right now would be so out of the ordinary and is clearly only a suggestion that a Frank stan would deem reasonable.

I don't think the concern about losing Frank for nothing should even be on the minds of anyone right now. Certainly not enough to give him a panic deal. Frank is nowhere near earning a long term deal at 8-10M+ so just let it play out. But handing him 24M right now would be so out of the ordinary and is clearly only a suggestion that a Frank stan would deem reasonable.
    well depends on how you value him. having a good young role player through his prime on a cheap deal could be a nice asset. Think Jae Crowder when DAL signed him for $5-6m long term and he broke out.

of course if you think Frank sucks and will always suck then it makes no sense but some are higher on him.

Not even about someone else offering $8-10m either... any team could offer him $5-6m with the MLE and if a team like the Spurs offered it, Frank may just be sick of playing here in this circus and leave anyway even if we matched, unless we offer him the $8.5m QO. Frank will have value to contenders who don't have anything but the MLE and a defensive player like Frank doesn't actually hit the market very often at 22 with potential.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    You think us, or any other team is lining up to pay Frank 6M or more on a multi-year deal? Dude hasnít even proven heís a reliable back-end rotation guy. I dont see that happening. Maybe a 1+1 for a few Mil, or a multi-year for cheap
    I think some contenders could take a chance on him yes. $6m is peanuts these days, it's practically half the MLE. Mario Henzoja got $6.5m under a lesser cap from us and he sucks on BOTH ends. Teams will always overpay for younger players until they really prove they are busts. the thing with Frank though is at the very least he provides very good defense at multiple positions. something contenders could always use.

2020 Draft Thread

I think some contenders could take a chance on him yes. $6m is peanuts these days, it's practically half the MLE. Mario Henzoja got $6.5m under a lesser cap from us and he sucks on BOTH ends. Teams will always overpay for younger players until they really prove they are busts. the thing with Frank though is at the very least he provides very good defense at multiple positions. something contenders could always use.
    Last year we brought out Wes Matthews and this year we will probably buy out Mo Harkless. Both are better players and defend multiple spots. Why would a contender invest in Frank for multiple years when they can get better players for nothing? Unless you really believe in Frankís development I canít see why someone- particularly a contender who wants production now and always has their choice of role players - would invest in Frank for multiple years. If someone gives Frank a deal I think it is much more likely to a non contender taking a swing at his potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-16-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I like Nesmith

Does Ball fit with Barrett? Theyíre both similar and their wonít be that much spacing especially if we keep Mitch.

Who in this draft fits with Barrett? I donít think Edwards is a good fit either

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    I like Nesmith

Does Ball fit with Barrett? Theyíre both similar and their wonít be that much spacing especially if we keep Mitch.

Who in this draft fits with Barrett? I donít think Edwards is a good fit either
    I donít think this should be a concern at all especially since if JR is going to become more then a bench player he is going to have to learn to shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.