Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 258 of 435 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 6524
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Tell that to my friends..35 and 40. No health issues known. Or my friends brother, 28. Or my Dads wifeís co workers family, 6 of them of varying ages, no serious issues

The only thing thatís known, is they donít know a lot yet. Itís very short-sighted to say ďthereís no reasonĒ. All it would take is one serious issue to make it a disaster. Plus, in sport, as opposed to normal life, close contact/touching is not avoidable

I had Covid 19.
    It lasted for a little over a week and the worst 2 days I was wondering if I was going to make it!
    High fever, Flehm and my lungs felt as if they had weights strapped to them!
    Every breathe was a chore and I consider myself a fairly healthy person.

Bottom line: Covid 19 the Corona Virus is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    I had Covid 19.
    It lasted for a little over a week and the worst 2 days I was wondering if I was going to make it!

Damn man, thank god you got through it

I understand the point that was being made. But I just think there should be nothing but 100% erring on the side of caution. Anything less is criminal.

Damn man, thank god you got through it

I understand the point that was being made. But I just think there should be nothing but 100% erring on the side of caution. Anything less is criminal.
    Thanks

2020 Draft Thread

I had Covid 19.

Damn man, glad to hear youíre doing better!

I havenít gotten tested, but my overall health has been the worst itís ever been during these times, and Iím only 25. It wouldnít surprise me if I contracted the virus at some point. It affects everyone differently due to itís interaction with each personís immune systems. I read younger people were having strokes, heart issues, and other cardiovascular problems due to this.

Corona is definitely no joke! This second wave as we start re-opening could be disastrous. Iím hoping for the best.

I had Covid 19.

Thank God you were able to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    He started off the year shooting 50 % from 3 and stayed in the 40s the majority of the season

His freethrows did suck but that part is mental our whole team was bad freethrow shooter except frank thats coaching
    He had a few good games early and then lost his touch. I donít think heís a bad shooter, but I definitely wouldnít say heís a good one.

2020 Draft Thread

Tyrese is growing on me more and more. Heís basically what we want LaMelo to be, except heís already much closer to being there.

-Size
    -Great passer/vision
    -Great spot-up shooter with limitless range
    -Excellent finisher (when he does drive)
    -Great in transition
    -Good versatile defender
    -High BBIQ

I think if he were 15 lbs heavier with a more normal looking shot, heíd be the #1 pick easily IMO. He looks like a mix of SGA and now Lonzo.

We should be able to come away with one of LaMelo, Hayes, or Tyrese in this draft. I donít think you can go wrong with either guy. But if anyone is a sure thing as far as being a solid NBA player as a floor, itís going to be Tyrese. I canít see him not having success in some capacity due to his polished all-around game and versatility.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-28-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Haliburton was the first player, I felt would be the best pick for a Knicks Point Guard then I leaned a little towards Cole Anthony....then both. I really felt both could be had in this draft if the Knicks play their cards right.

As for LaMelo Ball...I'm not much of a fan of his game but I can see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Tyrese is growing on me more and more. Heís basically what we want LaMelo to be, except heís already much closer to being there.

-Size
    -Great passer/vision
    -Great spot-up shooter with limitless range
    -Excellent finisher (when he does drive)
    -Great in transition
    -Good versatile defender
    -High BBIQ

I think if he were 15 lbs heavier with a more normal looking shot, heíd be the #1 pick easily IMO. He looks like a mix of SGA and now Lonzo.

We should be able to come away with one of LaMelo, Hayes, or Tyrese in this draft. I donít think you can go wrong with either guy. But if anyone is a sure thing as far as being a solid NBA player as a floor, itís going to be Tyrese. I canít see him not having success in some capacity due to his polished all-around game and versatility.
    100% agree. All along, I liked him. One of those 3 should be around for us regardless of where we pick. Iím not 100% if heís a 1 or a 2/combo, but we need it regardless. Can never have enough good perimeter players. His skillsets are very valuable.

So I spoke to a former NBA scout on Cole Anthony. What he said was extremely impressive to me he also talked to me about Killian Hayes and I'm now interested in selecting only these 2 guys. But here's what he said on Cole.

He wasn't impressed with him in high school, saw a hitch in his shot that would make it easier to block and or stress in the league. Once he got to UNC he lost the hitch and started looking more free flowing. Since he lost the hitch he believes Cole can be a 37 to 40% three point shooter.
    He actually stated that Cole is the second best passer in this draft behind Lamelo. Cole can pass with either hand where Killian and tyrese haliburton can only make big time passes with their dominant hands. On defense he feels like Cole gambled way too much and then felt that Garrison Brooks would bail him out so he would only half recover.

Cole also tried to play hero ball way too much which everyone knew but he had to with the talent he was playing with. He can play on and off of the ball which is crucial to his and RJ's development. The only other pg he felt could do this is haliburton.

When he compared Cole to Lamelo, Cole dominated him in almost every category except passing and ball handling. He's the better defender, scorer, shooter, can play off the ball better.
    When all is said and done this is RJ'S team and building around him makes the most sense. Cole, Rj and mitch is a nice nucelous.

Btw he told me a sleeper/ undrafted player to watch is Nate Hinton from Houston. Compared him to the shooting guard version of Patrick Beverley.

100% agree. All along, I liked him. One of those 3 should be around for us regardless of where we pick. Iím not 100% if heís a 1 or a 2/combo, but we need it regardless. Can never have enough good perimeter players. His skillsets are very valuable.
    Yeah I think I underrated his passing ability and judged him too harshly on his shooting off the dribble and creation for himself before. We donít need our PG to be a big time scorer, we need him to create for others and be efficient in their scoring opportunities first and foremost. His ceiling is actually pretty high if he can put on some more muscle and continue improving like he has. He just turned 20 so itís not like thatís out of the question.

Heís not the ďsexyĒ choice, but he could end up being the best choice. He just puts the ball in the basket and makes the right plays.

Haliburton is going to be a good NBA player, but he's not a lead guard or primary ball-handler. He's more of a super role player, kind of like Brogdon or a rich man's Frank Ntilikina.

He's allergic to the paint and rarely creates shots for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Haliburton is going to be a good NBA player, but he's not a lead guard or primary ball-handler. He's more of a super role player, kind of like Brogdon or a rich man's Frank Ntilikina.

He's allergic to the paint and rarely creates shots for himself.
    Agree. Brogdon is what I comped him to, role-wise. Nothing wrong with that either. Every team can use a player like that. They obviously have value, and get paid

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    So I spoke to a former NBA scout on Cole Anthony. What he said was extremely impressive to me he also talked to me about Killian Hayes and I'm now interested in selecting only these 2 guys. But here's what he said on Cole.

He wasn't impressed with him in high school, saw a hitch in his shot that would make it easier to block and or stress in the league. Once he got to UNC he lost the hitch and started looking more free flowing. Since he lost the hitch he believes Cole can be a 37 to 40% three point shooter.
    He actually stated that Cole is the second best passer in this draft behind Lamelo. Cole can pass with either hand where Killian and tyrese haliburton can only make big time passes with their dominant hands. On defense he feels like Cole gambled way too much and then felt that Garrison Brooks would bail him out so he would only half recover.

Cole also tried to play hero ball way too much which everyone knew but he had to with the talent he was playing with. He can play on and off of the ball which is crucial to his and RJ's development. The only other pg he felt could do this is haliburton.

When he compared Cole to Lamelo, Cole dominated him in almost every category except passing and ball handling. He's the better defender, scorer, shooter, can play off the ball better.
    When all is said and done this is RJ'S team and building around him makes the most sense. Cole, Rj and mitch is a nice nucelous.

Btw he told me a sleeper/ undrafted player to watch is Nate Hinton from Houston. Compared him to the shooting guard version of Patrick Beverley.
    Coleís passing/playmaking with his dominate hand is far worse than Hayes or Haliburton though. So Iím not sure it matters much if he can pass with his left. Lewis is a guy who is really good at live-action passing with both hands. He just didnít have a rim-runner or lob threat.

I find it funny how no one talks about Haliburton having a garbage team with no shooters, and yet he still put up numbers unlike Cole. Iowa State went 10-12 with Tyrese, and 2-8 without him. For Cole, I only hear excuses made for him and they are the same age.

My Top 5 PGs are:

1) LaMelo
    2) Hayes
    3) Tyrese
    4) Lewis
    5) Cole

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Coleís passing/playmaking with his dominate hand is far worse than Hayes or Haliburton though. So Iím not sure it matters much if he can pass with his left. Lewis is a guy who is really good at live-action passing with both hands. He just didnít have a rim-runner or lob threat.

I find it funny how no one talks about Haliburton having a garbage team with no shooters, and yet he still put up numbers unlike Cole. Iowa State went 10-12 with Tyrese, and 2-8 without him. For Cole, I only hear excuses made for him and they are the same age.

My Top 5 PGs are:

1) LaMelo
    2) Hayes
    3) Tyrese
    4) Lewis
    5) Cole
    My list is same although I probably take Cole over Lewis, although that could be proven to be a mistake certainly.