Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 260 of 335 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 5014

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Thank God you were able to recover.
    Thanks!

A 4 is not a bigger need than PG lol we havenít had a legit PG in over 2 decades.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Also, based on the current roster construction, for PF all we need is someone who can shoot and defend. That type of player can be found later in the draft or in FA.

Itís not essential to have a superstar backcourt..

But you canít be completely deficient. Every night for how many years now, team gets shredded by guards. Without fixing that, forget it

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    NFL draft definitely kept me busy, best draft Iíve seen the Jets have in my entire life lol

Havenít watched much of Maledon tbh, he had more hype than Hayes coming into the season but Killian has kind of stole his lightning.

I heard Maledon is more of the combo guard/scoring type.
    Im a dolphins fan, so this off season is the best ever in franchise history, major building blocks added.

Maledon is far more of a true pg than hayes is. Hayes is quite sloppy, im surprised how much everyone likes him.

And as mentioned before, hes the best guard at running the pnr in this draft. This team is beyond desperate for a player who can run the pnr. I think we ran it maybe once or twice a game it seemed like.

A 6'5 pg who can run the pnr and can shoot, should be a hot commodity for us. Not running the pnr endlessly when you have mitch robinson is crazy. Mitch will average 20 a game easily with heavy pnr use.

Mitch can be a modern day amare with a pg who is crafty and can run the pnr. He could be even better than amare with his height tbh.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 05-29-2020 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Welcome back. Always wonder when normally active people dissapear. Glad to hear everythingís ok
    Thx man, yeah im good, i own a contracting company, so being able to stay busy during this mess was my only focus.

I think very few players in this draft will make it in the nba.

If your not getting a guy like melo who looks like he could be a big time time nba player than your best bet is to look for trades, or draft guys who will be your cornerstone roleplayer types.

Tayshaun prince types. (Haliburton)

This is one of those drafts where everyone will over analyze the talent, and start to think these guys could be good, when in reality, most of these dudes will be out of the nba quick.

Its not a good draft.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 05-29-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Im a dolphins fan, so this off season is the best ever in franchise history, major building blocks added.

Maledon is far more of a true pg than hayes is. Hayes is quite sloppy, im surprised how much everyone likes him.

And as mentioned before, hes the best guard at running the pnr in this draft. This team is beyond desperate for a player who can run the pnr. I think we ran it maybe once or twice a game it seemed like.

A 6'5 pg who can run the pnr and can shoot, should be a hot commodity for us. Not running the pnr endlessly when you have mitch robinson is crazy. Mitch will average 20 a game easily with heavy pnr use.

Mitch can be a modern day amare with a pg who is crafty and can run the pnr. He could be even better than amare with his height tbh.
    Adding to the convo... I'm a Buffalo Bills fan so this draft and trading for Stephon Diggs was huge for a young team who made the playoffs last season. Especially with Tom Brady out of the division.

Back to hoop... Hayes just seems more like a project to me than all the other top tier PGs in this draft. We are going through that with Frank who is finally starting to look like he might be a valuable role player moving forward with the rebuild. Knicks don't need anymore projects which is why Cole Anthony, Kira Lewis, Haliburton are still #2 , #3 and #4 on my draft board.

You have to draft a 6'8" point guard with LaMelo's skill set #1 if you can get him but all these other unproven players like Hayes, Deni and Maldeon are too risky for a team in the Knicks position to gamble on. Plus the Eye test never lies!

Looks like the Knicks season is over. They'll go in as the 6th seed in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    100 percent. But I think with the position we're in so far away from contention, I'd rather gamble on upside than play it safe with Haliburton's high floor.

My list for the PGs would be:

1) LaMelo
    2) Hayes
    3/4) Cole/Haliburton
    5) Lewis
    Same, including reasoning for Cole and Haliburton being a tie rather than just preferring Haliburton outright.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I think very few players in this draft will make it in the nba.

If your not getting a guy like melo who looks like he could be a big time time nba player than your best bet is to look for trades, or draft guys who will be your cornerstone roleplayer types.

Tayshaun prince types. (Haliburton)

This is one of those drafts where everyone will over analyze the talent, and start to think these guys could be good, when in reality, most of these dudes will be out of the nba quick.

Its not a good draft.
    I think this is even more of a reason to try to trade up for LaMelo if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Looks like the Knicks season is over. They'll go in as the 6th seed in the lottery.

I am completely fine with this. Cole/Hayes/Deni here we come!

And try and trade up that Clippers pick. Steal Lewis!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I am completely fine with this. Cole/Hayes/Deni here we come!

And try and trade up that Clippers pick. Steal Lewis!
    Deni and Lewis would be a haul. I wish we were in Minnesotaís position. I think there will be a few steals in the mid-teens range.

French point guard Killian Hayes may be too similar to Frank Ntilikina for the Knicks to be interested, Berman adds in the same piece. Berman states that scouts are concerned about Hayesí speed and he may be too much of a project to interest New York at No. 6, assuming the team stays there. He suggests Rose might be more willing to gamble on a scoring point guard like North Carolinaís Cole Anthony.

-BERMAN