Page 237 of 328 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4906
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Just had to win those last few games..

At least the year before, we lost right
    We do that **** every year smfh

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    We do that **** every year smfh
    I don't want to hear from Posters that this team Tanked this season because they most certainly did not. They played Veterans over young future pieces and once again will likely cost us a chance at LaMelo.

This team never learns. The FO never learns, Dolan never learns, rinse repeat cycle.

Once again its most likely a different team will come away with the superior talent in this draft.

You would think this team would've learned from the most recent Doncic/Trae Young draft where the team ended up taking project Knox. Nope

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    I don't want to hear from Posters that this team Tanked this season because they most certainly did not. They played Veterans over young future pieces and once again will likely cost us a chance at LaMelo.

This team never learns. The FO never learns, Dolan never learns, rinse repeat cycle.

Once again its most likely a different team will come away with the superior talent in this draft.

You would think this team would've learned from the most recent Doncic/Trae Young draft where the team ended up taking project Knox. Nope
    Oh we definitely didnít tank. We luckily were still awful..

Except when we won those games against the few teams that we couldnít afford to win against. That last week cost us 3 or 4 spots. And made it another disaster season

Team canít even just lose right. Say all you want about how it doesnít matter, still can pick anywhere. But the one year we lost properly, we picked 3rd in a 3 player draft. So it worked

The one season the Knicks actually Tanked was the season they drafted RJB.
    Team had the most ping pong balls but the rules changed right in time to screw the Knicks. Still RJB was a good pick. The Knicks would need to be very lucky to pick 3rd this draft and are more likely to pick 10th.

Except when we won those games against the few teams that we couldnít afford to win against. That last week cost us 3 or 4 spots. And made it another disaster season

Team canít even just lose right. Say all you want about how it doesnít matter, still can pick anywhere. But the one year we lost properly, we picked 3rd in a 3 player draft. So it worked
    All Facts

It was a 2 player draft with RJ being the consolation prize. For being the NBAís worst team, itís hard to call that a success when the two teams ahead of us had much better records than we did.

Pelicans jumped why canít we. Everyone wants to cry about everything like itís not possible for us to jump in the lotto. But whatever you deal with the hand that you Are dealt. Letís see what happens. I still think RJ is going to be a superstar
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    It was a 2 player draft with RJ being the consolation prize. For being the NBAís worst team, itís hard to call that a success when the two teams ahead of us had much better records than we did.
    Well RJ was easily better than anyone else in the draft. I agree I wasnít high on him, havenít been from day one, but we still did ok

We maximized our odds. Picked 3rd. So it worked out. If we would have had just a few other #3 picks over the years, instead of consistently being in the 8-10 range, who knows how much better off we would have been

Is it even a debate that winning just enough to knock yourself out of top odds makes zero sense? Why hurt your chances? Yes, teams jump. But they also fall. We can now fall several spots further than if we were sitting 2nd

2020 Draft Thread

Well RJ was easily better than anyone else in the draft. I agree I wasnít high on him, havenít been from day one, but we still did ok

We maximized our odds. Picked 3rd. So it worked out. If we would have had just a few other #3 picks over the years, instead of consistently being in the 8-10 range, who knows how much better off we would have been

Is it even a debate that winning just enough to knock yourself out of top odds makes zero sense? Why hurt your chances? Yes, teams jump. But they also fall. We can now fall several spots further than if we were sitting 2nd
    How is/was he easily better then anyone else in the draft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-19-2020 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    How is/was he easily better then anyone else in the draft?

Might have left a part out...

But I meant that he was easily the consensus 3rd best player in the draft. Was a drop off after him, at least ďon paperĒ

Iíd rather have picked 3rd and gotten him, than picked 6th or 7th. Again, Iím not a huge fan of his. But that doesnít change the fact he was a no brainer pick for us. Like this year. If we pick 3rd, we are getting one of our main targets. 6th/7th/8th, not so much. Like mostly every year we pick in that range, and miss top talent

But we have this discussion every year it seems. So thatís enough of it for me
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-19-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Knicks also tanked before they failed to get the rights to Towns and drafted 3rd, K. Porzingis...

New Orleans Pelicans had smart owner who also owns the Saints.

When the unibrow tried to strongarm his way to LA, She basically told management to sit him out of games, take him out in the 4th so he wouldn't get his bonus. Eventually the stand off reached its climax the Pelicans made off with the Lakers' THREE future 1st rounders (one of which was the 4th pick in 2019 draft) plus Lonzo Ball, Brandan Ingram, & Hart. Lebron had very little tolerance for Lonzo Ball...

Then...the Pelicans shot the moon in the eye with the rights to Zion. Further proof that the NBA lottery is rigged.

The real issue at itís core is scouting and player development. There are talents every year available in the 8-10 range that end up being good to great players. We could easily have Mitchell, SGA, and Reddish picking in that range over the last 3 years.

I agree we shouldnít be playing veterans big minutes over the young guys though. Just saying that with the new draft lottery rules, there is much less incentive to lose than there was before.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    The reason i dont wanna trade the pick for lamelo is bkuz i feel cole can be just as good i want lamelo more but cole and another first is more valuable for a rebuilding team
    All facts...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    The real issue at itís core is scouting and player development. There are talents every year available in the 8-10 range that end up being good to great players. We could easily have Mitchell, SGA, and Reddish picking in that range over the last 3 years.

I agree we shouldnít be playing veterans big minutes over the young guys though. Just saying that with the new draft lottery rules, there is much less incentive to lose than there was before.
    Thats all fair..

In the end of the day, though, if we can possibly help ourselves out, why not do it. Better odds are better, no matter which way you slice it. And thereís no way we can argue itís worth throwing away over a couple of late season garbage wins. They mean absolutely nothing

2020 Draft Thread

Might have left a part out...

But I meant that he was easily the consensus 3rd best player in the draft. Was a drop off after him, at least ďon paperĒ

Iíd rather have picked 3rd and gotten him, than picked 6th or 7th. Again, Iím not a huge fan of his. But that doesnít change the fact he was a no brainer pick for us. Like this year. If we pick 3rd, we are getting one of our main targets. 6th/7th/8th, not so much. Like mostly every year we pick in that range, and miss top talent

But we have this discussion every year it seems. So thatís enough of it for me
    Sometimes I think that stuff is hype. Barrett has grown on me but he didnít look like he a cut above at Duke to me. I felt like the Knicks were almost forced to pick Barrett by the media. After watching a lot of ACC basketball that year, If we had pick 6th and picked Coby White like the Bulls did I would have been happy

I canít argue with picking 3rd being better then picking 6th though.

Last edited by ewing; 05-20-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.