Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 228 of 336 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 5037
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I never take shots bro I only react when people act like their opinion is more valuable than mine and come at me with sneak diss remarks like you often do. As a matter of fact I usually take the high road and just try to explain my position.

Say what you want, Drummond is still a very good big to have and now someone will resign him for far lower than he is valued. Due is 2, would've been 3 time rebound leader and can score on anyone in the post. If Blake Griffin was healthy, the Pistons would have been a top 5 team in the East.

With all that behind us as Knicks fans I think we all want to see the Knicks win no matter whose idea was the best one.

I can say with with confidence that no other one or two players in this summers free agency that the Knicks have a realistic chance at getting will be better than Chris Paul on this young team. No other player will be more impactful towards making everyone on the floor better and mentoring a rookie PG. Knicks have the money to spend on CP3 and still get Wood but it just doesn't make good business since to have 2 PFs both making 15-18 million per year. It actually might work if it happens because both Wood and Julius can both play the 5 but making that kind of money they both need to start.

The real question is how would Mitch feel about coming off the Bench again behind Wood? Mitch needs to prove himself as a legit starting Center because he has a contract year coming up. Bringing in Wood could step on a lot of toes... Plus you almost got to trade Randle to even get CP.
    The BS attacking, and low key insults go around here pretty regularly. In fact in this case, it wasnít even you I was talking to. But since we are discussing, letís disregard all that nonsense.

Drummond doesnít fit anywhere really. Thatís why heís worth very little. And why no one wanted him. If Blake was healthy, heís a very good player, I agree.

Iím not talking about Wood starting over Mitch. Iím talking about Mitch and Wood starting together. I could care less about Randle. Heís best suited as an off the bench, offensive guy. Put him in that role. Heís not versatile enough to start on a good team. And not good enough defensively. Heís not a fit. Again, Iím not sold Wood is a star, but heís worth taking a shot on

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Why do you think Wood & Mitch canít play next to each other?
    I do think they can play together but I don't see the Knicks bringing Julius off the bench making 18 million per year.

I do think they can play together but I don't see the Knicks bringing Julius off the bench making 18 million per year.
    Gotchya.

Personally Iím hoping Randle is gone and Iíve mentioned several times using him in a package to match contracts to bring Buddy Hield here...

But I believe Randleís contract expires after this season anyway so worst case Iíd be fine bringing Randle off the bench as a small ball center in a 6th man role for next season.

Maybe coaches and FO see it differently but thatís how Iíd approach it.

2020 Draft Thread

In that case Mitch can just stay on the bench another year while Wood and Randle start together. They actually have a little bit of experience playing together with the Pelicans at the end of 2018-19.

Wood is actually the perfect fit to play with Randle since Wood can shoot 3s and protect the rim a little bit. Randle can guard stronger PF/Cs while Wood can guard the taller/longer PFs/Cs. Randle can now just focus on scoring in the paint and stop trying to shoot.

Mitch can easily get 30 mins off the bench. Itís a role heís accustomed to by now so it shouldnít be an issue.

3 guys later in the draft that I would look to target Killian Tille. A 4 that can stretch the floor and plays decent defense. Karim Mane a kid who reminds me alot of Jrue Holiday. The last one is Robert Woodard, a sf that defends well and can score efficiently. He's super athletic and can shoot the 3.

I'm also on the signing Lamar Peters train and drafting Cole Anthony. That would give you Cole, Frank and Lamar at pg. Woodard also talked about the leadership Lamar brought to Mississippi state and the impact he had on him while he was there. There was a interview with Robert Woodard where he talked about how Lamar told him to model his game after Jimmy Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    3 guys later in the draft that I would look to target Killian Tille. A 4 that can stretch the floor and plays decent defense. Karim Mane a kid who reminds me alot of Jrue Holiday. The last one is Robert Woodard, a sf that defends well and can score efficiently. He's super athletic and can shoot the 3.

I'm also on the signing Lamar Peters train and drafting Cole Anthony. That would give you Cole, Frank and Lamar at pg. Woodard also talked about the leadership Lamar brought to Mississippi state and the impact he had on him while he was there. There was a interview with Robert Woodard where he talked about how Lamar told him to model his game after Jimmy Butler.
    Yeah I like Tillie, been talking about him for months on here, think with our 2nd round pick heís a good target.

Mitchell Robinson has only one season under contract at $1.6M plus a team option $1.8M.

I can't see the Knicks continuing to keep Mitchell Robinson on the bench when they need starters, defensive stopper and a low post man. At some point, the player needs the playing time to develop and the chance measure himself against the best. The Knicks will never know what they have unless they give him the chance.

Otherwise, the Knicks are going to have a situation similar to Damyeon Dotson, a player who is most likely going to bolt because he's getting slim opportunities to play and develop. That's a shame because the Knicks need a 3-point shooter on their squad to stretch the D.

That's the tragic fate the Knicks. They always load up on vets. Veterans are a benefit as the finishing touches to the product.

Otherwise it's a bunch of stat padding overpaid mercenaries.

I'm hoping the Knicks nail the lottery and the draft so they can move forward. Otherwise, it's another tear down/rebuild every 3 seasons.

Why do you think Wood & Mitch canít play next to each other?
    Bkuz they can't lol

Yeah I like Tillie, been talking about him for months on here, think with our 2nd round pick heís a good target.
    I agree. Perfect pick there. Fits well with rj, mitch and Cole.

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Mitchell Robinson has only one season under contract at $1.6M plus a team option $1.8M.

I can't see the Knicks continuing to keep Mitchell Robinson on the bench when they need starters, defensive stopper and a low post man. At some point, the player needs the playing time to develop and the chance measure himself against the best. The Knicks will never know what they have unless they give him the chance.

Otherwise, the Knicks are going to have a situation similar to Damyeon Dotson, a player who is most likely going to bolt because he's getting slim opportunities to play and develop. That's a shame because the Knicks need a 3-point shooter on their squad to stretch the D.

That's the tragic fate the Knicks. They always load up on vets. Veterans are a benefit as the finishing touches to the product.

Otherwise it's a bunch of stat padding overpaid mercenaries.

I'm hoping the Knicks nail the lottery and the draft so they can move forward. Otherwise, it's another tear down/rebuild every 3 seasons.
    Yeah Mitch should start, but I donít mind playing him 30+ mins off the bench either. Heíll still be playing against some starters with those minutes. It depends on who we bring in and if we can trade Randle.

I like Dotson. I know thereís been talk of bringing back Bullock because heís cheap, but Iíd rather let him go and keep Dotson.

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Bkuz they can't lol
    Great reasoning lol

Thereís only one way to find out.

La
    Melo
    Ball
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    La
    Melo
    Ball
    If we donít get some luck from the ping pong balls, no chance at that. Depending on who else picks where, we need a top 3 pick to have a shot. Maybe higher

Cassius Stanley is a great 2nd round pick candidate. Nesmith skyrocketed up the draft boards and doesn't look possible but Stanley looks like another Corey Magegette type player with a little more aggression. I need to see if he can handle the rock and if so, he'll be a solid pro for yrs to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If we donít get some luck from the ping pong balls, no chance at that. Depending on who else picks where, we need a top 3 pick to have a shot. Maybe higher
    Yep no way we get a good pick