Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 324 of 416 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 6233
  1. #4846
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,964
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    No he wasnít. Not even close. SGA was clearly better than Knox at Kentucky.

    He was the reason their season turned out to even be somewhat decent. Knox was not that good in college.
    Knox was Kentucky's leading scorer at 15.6ppg 5rebs. Shooting 51%

    SGA 14ppg 4assists... Shooting 50%

    Knox was the guy but they were close.

    At 6'9" and 18 years old doing it made him an even more attractive draft pick. I still think he will be good whether on the Knicks or not.

  2. #4847
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,719
    Speaking of Knox I heard reports today that Knicks will be dangling him in trades

  3. #4848
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,964
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Speaking of Knox I heard reports today that Knicks will be dangling him in trades
    We will trade him for a bag of peanuts and it will be a Trevor Ariza situation all over again. Knox will get better and kill us Everytime he plays the Knicks...lol

  4. #4849
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    You and Shady are straddling the fence big time... You don't think he is efficient enough to be a good player in the NBA, he shoots too many 2s, his PG skills are suspect but you would understand the pick if the Knicks draft him? That makes no sense...lol
    Cole projects to be at least an average NBA 3PT shooter IMO, and 3PT shooting is our biggest weakness.

    Average is sadly a big improvement and Cole has a chance to be more than that if he puts it all together.

    Thatís why I would understand if he ends up being the pick. He also has some athleticism and bounce as well which is nice.

    That being said, if Hayes is still on the board, I would be really bummed if we picked Cole over him.

  5. #4850
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    We will trade him for a bag of peanuts and it will be a Trevor Ariza situation all over again. Knox will get better and kill us Everytime he plays the Knicks...lol
    Ha probably. Classic knicks.

    Our issue in the past is trading kids like Ariza for washed up vets. We canít make those mistakes again but at the same time no one on this roster is untouchable in the right deal. RJ & Mitch are the guys we should try to hold onto most but realistically in the right package no one is off the table imo.

  6. #4851
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,123
    I like Knox a lot and I think Ariza was a solid ball player but if Knox best was ariza I think Iíd be ok with trading him lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  7. #4852
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I like Knox a lot and I think Ariza was a solid ball player but if Knox best was ariza I think Iíd be ok with trading him lol
    Of course itís just donít trade him for Brandon Knight basically

  8. #4853
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,650

    2020 Draft Thread

    Ariza could at least play defense and was a solid glue guy. Knox doesnít even look like an NBA player right now.

    He needs to go to a low-pressure city where he can take all the years possible to develop. He probably wonít get that here.

  9. #4854
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    ROLL TIDE, Alabama
    Posts
    888
    No need to trade our youngns. For one, their value is too low right now. Secondly, actually developing these kids will keep our FO from making some stupid trade. Lastly, if they don't pan out simply let them walk and we won't be stuck with a horrible veteran contract we moved them for.

  10. #4855
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,123
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Of course itís just donít trade him for Brandon Knight basically
    Agreed
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  11. #4856
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,123
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Ariza could at least play defense and was a solid glue guy. Knox doesnít even look like an NBA player right now.

    He needs to go to a low-pressure city where he can take all the years possible to develop. He probably wonít get that here.
    I mean ďChristian wood has unlimited potential ď but weíre ready to give up on Knox. Knox has potential. We have to be patient. Iím pretty confident his skill set and size has a higher upside than Trevor ariza.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  12. #4857
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Knox was Kentucky's leading scorer at 15.6ppg 5rebs. Shooting 51%

    SGA 14ppg 4assists... Shooting 50%

    Knox was the guy but they were close.

    At 6'9" and 18 years old doing it made him an even more attractive draft pick. I still think he will be good whether on the Knicks or not.
    Knox- 15.6 ppg 5.4 reb 1.6 ast 44%fg
    SGA- 14.4 ppg 4.1 reb 5.1 ast 48%fg

    One plays defense, one doesnít. Which one you taking?

  13. #4858
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    You and Shady are straddling the fence big time... You don't think he is efficient enough to be a good player in the NBA, he shoots too many 2s, his PG skills are suspect but you would understand the pick if the Knicks draft him? That makes no sense...lol
    Iím not straddling any fence. I donít want him, never have. Go back and look. Itís all a dice roll, but thatís not the guy Iíd roll with. I like Ball, Hayes, and Hali better for us

    All Iím saying, he could look better than Iím saying, sure. Happens to all of us evaluating drafts. At least I see the logic in the pick. He could be the PG we want, and need. Iíll live with the decision, as after Ball, thereís not a big separation between the other guys. I just donít want a non-PG, although again, I wouldnít be mad if that non-PG is Deni.

    As long as we are doing something else to fix the backcourt
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-02-2020 at 05:43 AM.

  14. #4859
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Knox was Kentucky's leading scorer at 15.6ppg 5rebs. Shooting 51%

    SGA 14ppg 4assists... Shooting 50%

    Knox was the guy but they were close.

    At 6'9" and 18 years old doing it made him an even more attractive draft pick. I still think he will be good whether on the Knicks or not.
    SGA wasnít a starter until 13 games in. Making the switch and putting the ball in his hands is what saved their season. He outplayed Knox the rest of the way.

    From the end of January on he averaged 17 pts, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds per game. During the SEC tournament he averaged 21 pts and 6.7assists. Knox was not the guy once SGA became a starter.

    Gilgeous-Alexander didn't even begin his freshman season at Kentucky as a starter, but he forced himself into that role in January after back-to-back 20-plus point performances to provide a spark the Wildcats desperately needed. Including six postseason games, he averaged 16.4 points, 5.7 assists and 4.6 rebounds over the final 22 contests of the season. Gilgeous-Alexander elevated his game late in the season, winning SEC tournament MVP honors with 21.0 points, 6.7 assists, 5.0 boards and a 55.3 shooting percentage. He also averaged 20.3 points, 6.3 rebounds and 6.0 assists in three NCAA Tournament games. Besides proving to be a big-time scorer and adept passer, Gilgeous-Alexander also is an outstanding defender as evidenced by his 1.6 steals per game. That ranked third in the SEC, and his 61 steals are the third-highest total by a Kentucky freshman behind only Rajon Rondo and John Wall. His evolution from bench player to perhaps Kentucky's MVP earned him All-SEC second team honors.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-02-2020 at 07:04 AM.

  15. #4860
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,179
    Knox's confidence was shook when GM Perry drafted RJ Barrett. I really hope, he rebounds but I have my concerns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •