Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 324 of 416 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 6233
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    No he wasnít. Not even close. SGA was clearly better than Knox at Kentucky.

He was the reason their season turned out to even be somewhat decent. Knox was not that good in college.
    Knox was Kentucky's leading scorer at 15.6ppg 5rebs. Shooting 51%

SGA 14ppg 4assists... Shooting 50%

Knox was the guy but they were close.

At 6'9" and 18 years old doing it made him an even more attractive draft pick. I still think he will be good whether on the Knicks or not.

Speaking of Knox I heard reports today that Knicks will be dangling him in trades

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Speaking of Knox I heard reports today that Knicks will be dangling him in trades
    We will trade him for a bag of peanuts and it will be a Trevor Ariza situation all over again. Knox will get better and kill us Everytime he plays the Knicks...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    You and Shady are straddling the fence big time... You don't think he is efficient enough to be a good player in the NBA, he shoots too many 2s, his PG skills are suspect but you would understand the pick if the Knicks draft him? That makes no sense...lol
    Cole projects to be at least an average NBA 3PT shooter IMO, and 3PT shooting is our biggest weakness.

Average is sadly a big improvement and Cole has a chance to be more than that if he puts it all together.

Thatís why I would understand if he ends up being the pick. He also has some athleticism and bounce as well which is nice.

That being said, if Hayes is still on the board, I would be really bummed if we picked Cole over him.

We will trade him for a bag of peanuts and it will be a Trevor Ariza situation all over again. Knox will get better and kill us Everytime he plays the Knicks...lol
    Ha probably. Classic knicks.

Our issue in the past is trading kids like Ariza for washed up vets. We canít make those mistakes again but at the same time no one on this roster is untouchable in the right deal. RJ & Mitch are the guys we should try to hold onto most but realistically in the right package no one is off the table imo.

I like Knox a lot and I think Ariza was a solid ball player but if Knox best was ariza I think Iíd be ok with trading him lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I like Knox a lot and I think Ariza was a solid ball player but if Knox best was ariza I think Iíd be ok with trading him lol
    Of course itís just donít trade him for Brandon Knight basically

2020 Draft Thread

Ariza could at least play defense and was a solid glue guy. Knox doesnít even look like an NBA player right now.

He needs to go to a low-pressure city where he can take all the years possible to develop. He probably wonít get that here.

No need to trade our youngns. For one, their value is too low right now. Secondly, actually developing these kids will keep our FO from making some stupid trade. Lastly, if they don't pan out simply let them walk and we won't be stuck with a horrible veteran contract we moved them for.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Of course itís just donít trade him for Brandon Knight basically
    Agreed
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Ariza could at least play defense and was a solid glue guy. Knox doesnít even look like an NBA player right now.

He needs to go to a low-pressure city where he can take all the years possible to develop. He probably wonít get that here.
    I mean ďChristian wood has unlimited potential ď but weíre ready to give up on Knox. Knox has potential. We have to be patient. Iím pretty confident his skill set and size has a higher upside than Trevor ariza.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

At 6'9" and 18 years old doing it made him an even more attractive draft pick. I still think he will be good whether on the Knicks or not.
    Knox- 15.6 ppg 5.4 reb 1.6 ast 44%fg
    SGA- 14.4 ppg 4.1 reb 5.1 ast 48%fg

One plays defense, one doesnít. Which one you taking?

You and Shady are straddling the fence big time... You don't think he is efficient enough to be a good player in the NBA, he shoots too many 2s, his PG skills are suspect but you would understand the pick if the Knicks draft him? That makes no sense...lol
    Iím not straddling any fence. I donít want him, never have. Go back and look. Itís all a dice roll, but thatís not the guy Iíd roll with. I like Ball, Hayes, and Hali better for us

All Iím saying, he could look better than Iím saying, sure. Happens to all of us evaluating drafts. At least I see the logic in the pick. He could be the PG we want, and need. Iíll live with the decision, as after Ball, thereís not a big separation between the other guys. I just donít want a non-PG, although again, I wouldnít be mad if that non-PG is Deni.

As long as we are doing something else to fix the backcourt
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-02-2020 at 05:43 AM.

SGA wasnít a starter until 13 games in. Making the switch and putting the ball in his hands is what saved their season. He outplayed Knox the rest of the way.

From the end of January on he averaged 17 pts, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds per game. During the SEC tournament he averaged 21 pts and 6.7assists. Knox was not the guy once SGA became a starter.

Gilgeous-Alexander didn't even begin his freshman season at Kentucky as a starter, but he forced himself into that role in January after back-to-back 20-plus point performances to provide a spark the Wildcats desperately needed. Including six postseason games, he averaged 16.4 points, 5.7 assists and 4.6 rebounds over the final 22 contests of the season. Gilgeous-Alexander elevated his game late in the season, winning SEC tournament MVP honors with 21.0 points, 6.7 assists, 5.0 boards and a 55.3 shooting percentage. He also averaged 20.3 points, 6.3 rebounds and 6.0 assists in three NCAA Tournament games. Besides proving to be a big-time scorer and adept passer, Gilgeous-Alexander also is an outstanding defender as evidenced by his 1.6 steals per game. That ranked third in the SEC, and his 61 steals are the third-highest total by a Kentucky freshman behind only Rajon Rondo and John Wall. His evolution from bench player to perhaps Kentucky's MVP earned him All-SEC second team honors.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-02-2020 at 07:04 AM.

Knox's confidence was shook when GM Perry drafted RJ Barrett. I really hope, he rebounds but I have my concerns.