Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 323 of 416 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 6233
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    I really don't wanna pass up on another "New York" guy, it seems to burn us more times than not. Im not convinced Anthony can balance scoring & playmaker. Is Cole really a 2? I'm thinking he may be a less freakish Ben Gordon. Can't be mad at that, but that doesn't fix our pg issue. Man I wish Dennis Smith could go to the Wizard Of Oz and get some "DOG" in him 😢
    Thatís the issue with Cole. Heís not really a PG. Heís a combo-type. And Iím not confident heís efficient enough to make up for that

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís the issue with Cole. Heís not really a PG. Heís a combo-type. And Iím not confident heís efficient enough to make up for that
    What makes me ok with that, today's pg's are primarily scorers anyway. I love the all around style pg, but that's rare these days. We'll need the right coaching and the RIGHT veteran pg to help Cole develop as a pg.

I like Hayes
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

What makes me ok with that, today's pg's are primarily scorers anyway. I love the all around style pg, but that's rare these days. We'll need the right coaching and the RIGHT veteran pg to help Cole develop as a pg.
    You see though, thatís the funny thing. We all think we want this ball dominant scoring PG, but how many of them actually win rings. None. Curry really doesnít count, as he isnít totally ball dominant, even plays off ball a lot. And Kyrie was a PG in name only. The teams that are really contenders usually have a non-pg who plays the dominant/distributor role

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    How many games would last years team had won if they had the right coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mentioned coaching when it comes to Knox and the rest of the young guys because the right coach would understand that you drafted all those lottery picks and brought in young lottery talent like DSJ so that they can play most of the minutes to develop.

Say what you want about Luke Walton in Sacramento and the Cavs coach but they played their young players starters minutes and brought in the vets off the bench.

A good development Knicks coach would have given DSJ, Frank, RJ, Knox and Mitch starters minutes. Trier would have been 6th man. Iggy and Wooten would have been called up earlier to see what they can do... Everyone knew this season wasn't about winning but still the entire offense was about a player they planned on trading (Morris) and trying to change Randle into Draymond. That is all on the coach who got fired anyway.

I think Knicks fans would have stood behind Fiz if he played the hell out of the young guys win or lose... They were still 4-15 playing the hell out of the veterans for gods sake.

The coach put Knox, DSJ, Frank and even Mitch with him coming off the bench all in a nondevelopmental situation.

How many great PGs did people say that about before they became great PGs?

Steph
    Westbrook
    Billups
    Arenas
    Lowry

They were all thought of as scoring combo guards coming into the NBA... Cole Anthony has shown more PG skill than any of those guys entering the NBA

You see though, thatís the funny thing. We all think we want this ball dominant scoring PG, but how many of them actually win rings. None. Curry really doesnít count, as he isnít totally ball dominant, even plays off ball a lot. And Kyrie was a PG in name only. The teams that are really contenders usually have a non-pg who plays the dominant/distributor role
    Thats sumn I actually like about Cole, he can score without dominating the ball. There were times when they let him run around and score off the ball. Yhats where his scoring mentality actually helps. He's a threat to score with or without the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    How many great PGs did people say that about before they became great PGs?

Steph
    Westbrook
    Billups
    Arenas
    Lowry

They were all thought of as scoring combo guards coming into the NBA... Cole Anthony has shown more PG skill than any of those guys entering the NBA
    Thatís all well and good. But Iím saying I donít like Coles chances at being that guy. I donít think his offensive efficiency or his PG play will be good enough

And Curry was 100% the goods all along. Westbrook wasnít taken for his PG play, he was taken for his freakish athleticism. Not going to comment on the others, as I didnít follow them enough then. And how many ďcombo-typeĒ guards get drafted, and wind up being tweeners, and fail to distinguish at either spot. I donít want that kind of guy

Weíll see whoís right and wrong. If it was easy, pro scouts would never pick busts. I personally have had Cole down on my list, nothing has changed. Iíd understand the pick if we take him

Thats sumn I actually like about Cole, he can score without dominating the ball. There were times when they let him run around and score off the ball. Yhats where his scoring mentality actually helps. He's a threat to score with or without the ball
    I get that. I just donít like his efficiency to be that guy

2020 Draft Thread

I get that. I just donít like his efficiency to be that guy
    Cole likes to settle for a lot of mid-range 2s. Itís just not an efficient shot and the NBA is really trying to get away from it mostly. Itís a still a good shot to have in your arsenal, but he relies on it too much.

That could be due to the poor spacing (which would explain some of his struggles to finish at the rim as well) but thereís no guarantee that Cole will be a better finisher with better spacing or that heíll be much more efficient. Add in the fact that his PG skills are suspect and thatís why Iím not super high on him. Due to these variables it makes me a little uneasy projecting his offense to the next level.

I do expect him to be at least an average 3PT shooter. It would definitely surprise me if he doesnít.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I guess, not really sure why youíre bringing up Frank and the draft after. I donít remember any PGs in that 9-15 range in that draft. It was like Knox, the Bridges guys, Michael Porter dropped. What PG did you want to take with that 9th pick?
    Sexton and SGA were the PGs in that range. Iím only bringing him up to show how front offices might think.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Ah yeah, forgot he was in that draft. Well in hindsight yes picking SGA is likely a much better pick than Knox.

Not sure how interested we were in him going into the draft but I remember posters wanting him.
    Right and a big reason was because they had just drafted Frank.

Thatís what Iím saying about the Cavs just drafting Sexton, Garland, and Porter in back to back drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Knox was the guy on that Kentucky team not SGA. Nobody thought SGA would be a better NBA player. I still think Knox has the potential to be a better NBA player than SGA he just needs the right coach. He has had his moments.
    No he wasnít. Not even close. SGA was clearly better than Knox at Kentucky.

He was the reason their season turned out to even be somewhat decent. Knox was not that good in college.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Right and a big reason was because they had just drafted Frank.

Thatís what Iím saying about the Cavs just drafting Sexton, Garland, and Porter in back to back drafts.
    Gotchya. When youíre rebuilding imo you go BPA. Knicks havenít always seemed to do that but at the same time itís always easier to play Monday morning QB.

Hopefully this draft we do better, we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Cole likes to settle for a lot of mid-range 2s. Itís just not an efficient shot and the NBA is really trying to get away from it mostly. Itís a still a good shot to have in your arsenal, but he relies on it too much.

That could be due to the poor spacing (which would explain some of his struggles to finish at the rim as well) but thereís no guarantee that Cole will be a better finisher with better spacing or that heíll be much more efficient. Add in the fact that his PG skills are suspect and thatís why Iím not super high on him. Due to these variables it makes me a little uneasy projecting his offense to the next level.

I do expect him to be at least an average 3PT shooter. It would definitely surprise me if he doesnít.
    You and Shady are straddling the fence big time... You don't think he is efficient enough to be a good player in the NBA, he shoots too many 2s, his PG skills are suspect but you would understand the pick if the Knicks draft him? That makes no sense...lol