Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 327 of 430 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 6441
  1. #4891
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,983
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Knox is straight-up trash. For a guy his size, he canít even finish at the rim. Heís not a shooter and he plays 0 defense.

    Jackson can at least play defense and still has his high-level athleticism that made him a Top 5 pick.

    He played great in the G-League and looked much improved this season with Memphis.
    I was a huge Josh Jackson fan when he was at Kansas but he is not more skilled than Knox. He is not as long as Knox, he doesn't shoot better than Knox and he is 3 years older. I guarantee if we can be patient for once just once with a young player like Knox he will be world's better than Josh Jackson at Josh's age. Knox has his moments and you can tell that he is working to get better.

    Knox needs a coach to come in and define roles... That's so important in development of young players. Notice how on good teams everyone plays their role?

    You never see Montrez Harrell bringing the ball up... I never liked it when Fiz would say that nonsense. My college coach would bench you fast for stepping outside your lane. Randle had no business handling the rock as much as he did and I blame the coaches and the point guard for that. He was simply trying to do too much to justify his salary. If we draft a GOOD PG he will go to get the ball and make sure everyone on the floor is in place. Guys like Knox and Randle need that kind of structure because in their mind they can do it all and that's just not their skill set.

  2. #4892
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Hayesís step-back pullup game inside the arc is very similar to D-Lo. Hayes is the better finisher at the rim while D-Lo is the better 3PT shooter. Hayes has very good handle and passing, he just needs to continue working on his right hand and limit the TOs moving forward.

    He has an NBA-ready body with good size and strength already for an 18 year old kid. He plays with poise and savvy to make up for his average NBA athleticism. D-Lo is not an explosive athlete either.
    Hayes is a tooth pick definitely not nba ready

  3. #4893
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,742

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I was a huge Josh Jackson fan when he was at Kansas but he is not more skilled than Knox. He is not as long as Knox, he doesn't shoot better than Knox and he is 3 years older. I guarantee if we can be patient for once just once with a young player like Knox he will be world's better than Josh Jackson at Josh's age. Knox has his moments and you can tell that he is working to get better.

    Knox needs a coach to come in and define roles... That's so important in development of young players. Notice how on good teams everyone plays their role?

    You never see Montrez Harrell bringing the ball up... I never liked it when Fiz would say that nonsense. My college coach would bench you fast for stepping outside your lane. Randle had no business handling the rock as much as he did and I blame the coaches and the point guard for that. He was simply trying to do too much to justify his salary. If we draft a GOOD PG he will go to get the ball and make sure everyone on the floor is in place. Guys like Knox and Randle need that kind of structure because in their mind they can do it all and that's just not their skill set.
    Jackson and Knox are basically the same size. They both have an 8í10Ē standing reach.

    Jackson is 2 years older than Knox and only has 1 more extra year in the league. Iím not trying to say Jackson is great, but I think heís more useful than Knox will be. Heís a different player this season. His shooting is much improved and he plays defense.

    If weíre talking about raw upside, Jackson still has higher upside despite being older. Being younger doesnít automatically mean you have more potential than someone else.

    I agree Fizdale and Randle messed up a lot of things for this team. Iím just glad that Mills is gone now.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 07-02-2020 at 04:45 PM.

  4. #4894
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,742

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Hayes is a tooth pick definitely not nba ready
    Hayes is definitely not a toothpick lol. Heís a big kid.

    Iíve seen his weight listed as high as 215 lbs, but heís looks to be at least 200 lbs. I guess weíll find out at the combine.

  5. #4895
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,757
    https://www.lineups.com/articles/kil...int-guard/?amp
    Heís not strong enough to effectively fight through screens and doesnít have the athleticism to catch up to dribblers

    He's definitely not physically nba ready and he's not quick either

  6. #4896
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,742

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    https://www.lineups.com/articles/kil...int-guard/?amp
    Heís not strong enough to effectively fight through screens and doesnít have the athleticism to catch up to dribblers

    He's definitely not physically nba ready and he's not quick either
    The title of that article is literally ďKillian Hayes Scouting Report: Draftís Most Elite Point GuardĒ and goes on to say later that the Knicks would be a great fit for him. The article is overwhelmingly positive about Hayes (a little too much IMO) and somehow you find something negative about him lol. Itís not the most credible source anyway.

  7. #4897
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,190
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yes of course he would.

    Weíll revisit this convo when Wood is taking the league by storm. Hopefully itís for us
    Iíll be waiting
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  8. #4898
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,190
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    I'll post Knox whole season stats...its just as bad. In fact those 10 game numbers are pretty much identical to what he did the entire year. He doesn't play defense, he doesn't rebound and his shot might come around. He has no confidence in himself and playing for a city that rips people apart it just seems like a bad fit. I'd rather take my chance with Jackson who can contribute right now and has just as much upside.

    Knox is a hard worker he lost his confidence but heís 20. He came in super raw crazy stupid to give up on a kid that quick. I donít care about what the idiot fans do lol listen would I take a shot on josh Jackson ? Sure you can never have to many players but Iím not taking Jackson over Knox thatís just dumb.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  9. #4899
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,190
    You donít just trade Knox to bring in josh Jackson lol heís a headcase. You wanna bring him in to compete ok thatís fine to replace Knox is dumb. Heís 2 and a half years older than him btw. Knox has the higher upside by far
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  10. #4900
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    The title of that article is literally ďKillian Hayes Scouting Report: Draftís Most Elite Point GuardĒ and goes on to say later that the Knicks would be a great fit for him. The article is overwhelmingly positive about Hayes (a little too much IMO) and somehow you find something negative about him lol. Itís not the most credible source anyway.
    I never said he was trash just pointing out he's not physically nba ready maybe a year or 2 away

  11. #4901
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,742
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I never said he was trash just pointing out he's not physically nba ready maybe a year or 2 away
    I suppose, but that goes for most of the young kids in this class outside of maybe Edwards and Okongwu. If Hayes is a legit 215 lbs, heís definitely NBA ready from a physical standpoint. Heís probably bigger than 90% of NBA PGs with that type of build.

  12. #4902
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,190
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I suppose, but that goes for most of the young kids in this class outside of maybe Edwards and Okongwu. If Hayes is a legit 215 lbs, heís definitely NBA ready from a physical standpoint. Heís probably bigger than 90% of NBA PGs with that type of build.
    Most 18-19 year old kids donít come in ready you donít draft for ready now guys. If Hayes is the best in their opinion for the future you take him. I agree with you on this one. I still would rather Lamelo but Hayes projects to be pretty good. Itís the French thing that scares people off lmao
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  13. #4903
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,742
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Most 18-19 year old kids donít come in ready you donít draft for ready now guys. If Hayes is the best in their opinion for the future you take him. I agree with you on this one. I still would rather Lamelo but Hayes projects to be pretty good. Itís the French thing that scares people off lmao
    Truth.

  14. #4904
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    724
    I'm sorry but y'all really think Knox is that good. His work ethic may be good off the court but on the court it's horrible. He has to many flaws at this point. We will draft a forward to replace him anyway this year or next year. I'd rather play Iggy than Knox to be honest. Knox needs time in the G-league.

  15. #4905
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisstyles View Post
    I'm sorry but y'all really think Knox is that good. His work ethic may be good off the court but on the court it's horrible. He has to many flaws at this point. We will draft a forward to replace him anyway this year or next year. I'd rather play Iggy than Knox to be honest. Knox needs time in the G-league.
    Nobody thinks Knox is that good now. We see upside. Heís ideal size for a SF/PF he works really Hard and has a skill set. I think itís might just be a good idea to maybe just maybe give a guy a 3rd year before saying we will draft a Forward to replace him lol people are so impatient itís a joke.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •