Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 325 of 431 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 6459
  1. #4861
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,984
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    SGA wasnít a starter until 13 games in. Making the switch and putting the ball in his hands is what saved their season. He outplayed Knox the rest of the way.

    From the end of January on he averaged 17 pts, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds per game. During the SEC tournament he averaged 21 pts and 6.7assists. Knox was not the guy once SGA became a starter.
    Good research and good points made but at the end of the day Knox has as much or more potential as a guy like Christian Woods who we all want to sign and give 15-20 million per year. Woods was trash his first 3 seasons and bounced around until he got his NBA legs. I see Knox doing the same...as a matter of fact go back and watch the game against the Pistons where Knox had one of his best games of the season and have Wood and the African kid 2 blocks, 2 steals and some pretty good offense. Knox is still only 20 and the Knicks circus hasn't helped him grow as a player at all. Trevor Ariza was a key role player who made some big shots on a championship team and has been a highly recruited FA his entire career. If Knox is Ariza like I'm good with that... Knicks fans have to realize that not every player is going to be a star... RJ's ceiling is higher than Knox and will most likely be the leader of the team but that doesn't mean that Knox wasn't a good pick at #9.

  2. #4862
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,761
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean ďChristian wood has unlimited potential ď but weíre ready to give up on Knox. Knox has potential. We have to be patient. Iím pretty confident his skill set and size has a higher upside than Trevor ariza.
    Higher upside and scoring potential yes, but a much lower floor and more risk to be a complete bust.

  3. #4863
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Good research and good points made but at the end of the day Knox has as much or more potential as a guy like Christian Woods who we all want to sign and give 15-20 million per year. Woods was trash his first 3 seasons and bounced around until he got his NBA legs. I see Knox doing the same...as a matter of fact go back and watch the game against the Pistons where Knox had one of his best games of the season and have Wood and the African kid 2 blocks, 2 steals and some pretty good offense. Knox is still only 20 and the Knicks circus hasn't helped him grow as a player at all. Trevor Ariza was a key role player who made some big shots on a championship team and has been a highly recruited FA his entire career. If Knox is Ariza like I'm good with that... Knicks fans have to realize that not every player is going to be a star... RJ's ceiling is higher than Knox and will most likely be the leader of the team but that doesn't mean that Knox wasn't a good pick at #9.
    Difference is that Knox was a lottery pick and Wood was an undrafted FA who had to fight and scrap for every minute. Wood out of college was raw, but still easily better and more useful than Knox currently is.

    Wood was a lottery-level talent that dropped due to non-basketball reasons. He hired an agent last minute, he wasnít prepared for the combine, and he was immature coming into the league.

  4. #4864
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,391
    We should dump Knox and go pick up Josh Jackson this offseason. He's what we hope Knox will become with way better defense.
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!

  5. #4865
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,761

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    We should dump Knox and go pick up Josh Jackson this offseason. He's what we hope Knox will become with way better defense.
    Thatís a move I would make for sure.

    I wish we put Knox in the G-League.

  6. #4866
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Good research and good points made but at the end of the day Knox has as much or more potential as a guy like Christian Woods who we all want to sign and give 15-20 million per year. Woods was trash his first 3 seasons and bounced around until he got his NBA legs. I see Knox doing the same...as a matter of fact go back and watch the game against the Pistons where Knox had one of his best games of the season and have Wood and the African kid 2 blocks, 2 steals and some pretty good offense. Knox is still only 20 and the Knicks circus hasn't helped him grow as a player at all. Trevor Ariza was a key role player who made some big shots on a championship team and has been a highly recruited FA his entire career. If Knox is Ariza like I'm good with that... Knicks fans have to realize that not every player is going to be a star... RJ's ceiling is higher than Knox and will most likely be the leader of the team but that doesn't mean that Knox wasn't a good pick at #9.
    Only issue with pointing at guys that took a long time to develop..

    In todayís game, with todayís salaries, and todayís cap. How long you keep a guy around making money, waiting for him to maybe develop. In most cases, guys go 2, 3 different teams before they figure some things out

    Usually those kind of guys move around, and stay in the league because they take cheap contracts. A guy who isnít panning out, and gets his option decilined usually doesnít stay with his original team, as either he, the team, or both are ready for a change
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-02-2020 at 11:58 AM.

  7. #4867
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,391
    I agree that we probably shouldn't trade Knox because his trade value is so low right now but the same goes for most of the Knicks players besides Barrett and Mitch. I just see Josh Jackson as the right age and fit for our team and could easily replace him. Memphis is probably kicking themselves that they didn't extend his qualifying offer. He was playing great minutes for them at the stop of the season and still has a lot of potential.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uinVFnQFbw
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!

  8. #4868
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Knox's confidence was shook when GM Perry drafted RJ Barrett. I really hope, he rebounds but I have my concerns.
    Lol no it wasnít thatís stupid. His confidence was probably shoot when he played 12 minutes a game.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  9. #4869
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,191
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Higher upside and scoring potential yes, but a much lower floor and more risk to be a complete bust.
    Like wood has such a high floor lol love to see wood do any of the stuff heís doing on a relatively good team.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  10. #4870
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,619
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Thatís a move I would make for sure.

    I wish we put Knox in the G-League.
    Lol, so lets give up on Knox and " go after" Josh Jackson who Knox scores better, shoots better, and rebounds better and happens to be 3 yrs younger than??? You guys would make great GM's.

  11. #4871
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,191
    Josh Jackson doesnít bring a single positive to the floor. Heís awful. ďLetís dump the 20 year old that has higher potential for a nobody like josh Jackson. You people have lost your damn mind. Yes nobody knows what Knox will be but all reports have him as a hard worker, he clearly has talent heís very raw. You people would have given up on a ton of guys that took a couple years to show what they can do. Christ.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  12. #4872
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,761
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Like wood has such a high floor lol love to see wood do any of the stuff heís doing on a relatively good team.
    See the video I posted in the other thread.

  13. #4873
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Good research and good points made but at the end of the day Knox has as much or more potential as a guy like Christian Woods who we all want to sign and give 15-20 million per year. Woods was trash his first 3 seasons and bounced around until he got his NBA legs. I see Knox doing the same...as a matter of fact go back and watch the game against the Pistons where Knox had one of his best games of the season and have Wood and the African kid 2 blocks, 2 steals and some pretty good offense. Knox is still only 20 and the Knicks circus hasn't helped him grow as a player at all. Trevor Ariza was a key role player who made some big shots on a championship team and has been a highly recruited FA his entire career. If Knox is Ariza like I'm good with that... Knicks fans have to realize that not every player is going to be a star... RJ's ceiling is higher than Knox and will most likely be the leader of the team but that doesn't mean that Knox wasn't a good pick at #9.
    Lol I wasnít even talking about this. I was only pointing out that there were PG options available to the Knicks that year, but they didnít seem interested in them outside of Young because they just drafted Frank.

    I was just using that to show that Cleveland might take a similar approach since they just drafted Sexton, Garland, and KPJ in back to back years.

    Didnít mean to upset the Knox fans...

  14. #4874
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,761

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Lol, so lets give up on Knox and " go after" Josh Jackson who Knox scores better, shoots better, and rebounds better and happens to be 3 yrs younger than??? You guys would make great GM's.
    Knox is straight-up trash. For a guy his size, he canít even finish at the rim. Heís not a shooter and he plays 0 defense.

    Jackson can at least play defense and still has his high-level athleticism that made him a Top 5 pick.

    He played great in the G-League and looked much improved this season with Memphis.

  15. #4875
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,191
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    See the video I posted in the other thread.
    I seen the video lol Iíve followed wood since mil. Does he have talent yeah but your acting like heís going to come change this franchise. Heís not that type of player.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •