Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2291
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Would you take the Clippers 1st this year and next for our pick this year? I mean things can change right? Maybe Clippers won't be that good next year?

Of course you wouldn't.
    The Mavs aren't the Clippers though. They are far more vulnerable to a collapse or at least withdrawal.

come on, DAL is going to be damn good next year barring MAJOR injuries. Teams know that. Even with Doncic & KP missing time this year they are still on pace for 50+ wins.
    Right now they are middle of the pack. Could be the same again for next year. If they donít make a significant upgrade, who says they get a whole lot better? The other teams better than them arenít going anywhere either

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Right now they are middle of the pack. Could be the same again for next year. If they donít make a significant upgrade, who says they get a whole lot better? The other teams better than them arenít going anywhere either
    Agreed and if anything ever happened to Luka for a prolonged period of time they would really sink.

I was thinking the same. Teams like the Spurs and Pelicans will improve. Of course GS will be back lol. And wow the Wolves are suddenly a problem Both LA teams, Utah, Houston, Denver,Portland... Dallas has alot to overcome. Especially next season. They better pray KPs Knees hold up especially after the work of this season. they could be fighting for 8th next season. And maybe we luck out and get one of their ping pongs to strike a good draft position. Or just trade it.

A lot of you guys said the same thing this year, while trying to defend the worst trade in basketball history.

Delusionals kept repeating the same nonsense, that we would get another lottery pick from dallas, that they couldnt make playoffs in the west, etc etc.

Now your saying next year they would be worse? If anything they should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Agreed and if anything ever happened to Luka for a prolonged period of time they would really sink.
    You could say that about any teams best player if they went down.

Barring something crazy Dallas will win 50 games but they could still be a low playoff seed with 50+ wins which would get us a nice pick. I don't think it's crazy to think it could be in the 18-20 range.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    A lot of you guys said the same thing this year, while trying to defend the worst trade in basketball history.

Delusionals kept repeating the same nonsense, that we would get another lottery pick from dallas, that they couldnt make playoffs in the west, etc etc.

Now your saying next year they would be worse? If anything they should be better.
    So can a lot of other teams out west. Things arent normal out there yet. GS is out of the race. That changes the whole dynamic and pushes Dallas even further down as we speak if GS was at full force. Wolves are gonna be another team fighting for a spot. Dallas can fall to 10th even full force next season. An injury can devastate them further.

You could say that about any teams best player if they went down.
    But he was comparing them to the Clippers. Clippers would still be a very competitive team without Kawai. No chance of championship, but they would still win a lot of games.

Actually I don't recall any poster saying that, if you could quote that fantastic, but I don't believe that to be true, in fact I believe it went more like this.

don't really care about this year, and Next year other teams will improve as well and GS will have two top players back. Dallas is like the Knicks FA's just don't go there, maybe with Doncic but lucky for us no one in the FA class will make them jump off the charts.

They are presently hovering around 11th best and could go up or down, but what some said was maybe we get lucky 2021 is still not here we have no idea.

trade stinks but as fan not to hold out any hope kind of poses the question why be a fan then?

In any case, maybe we land a Siakam or Dray, or greek , not like those players didn't happen out of the lottery and more, it's actually pretty extensive. Also depends on who our new FO hires, so lots of unknowns here.

they absolutely should be better. KP is finding his groove, Donci will be a 3rd year pro.

They've struggled a bit lately with the injuries but still have the 11th best record in the league and they were around 6th and 7th most of the year. But I was called crazy for saying DAL would win 45-50 this year but 50+ in '21.

If you guys think teams are going to think the '21 DAL pick is going to be a good pick IDK what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Barring something crazy Dallas will win 50 games but they could still be a low playoff seed with 50+ wins which would get us a nice pick. I don't think it's crazy to think it could be in the 18-20 range.
    51 wins last year would have put the pick at #24. it would take a lot of east teams winning big to get that pick 18-20th

Yeah people expecting Dallas to take a step back next year are smoking!!!

Lay off the meds.

Neither Doncic nor KP are in their prime but will be one step closer.

THjr could opt out to secure a 4 year deal. Dallas has some value contracts they can trade, as well as whoever they draft.

Plus they could attract a veteran or two.

That team will only get better.

51 wins last year would have put the pick at #24. it would take a lot of east teams winning big to get that pick 18-20th
    actually no one called you crazy for this year, we didn't care, they can go undefeated, it's next year and we hold out hope, right now they are tied for 11th a half game from being 13th and Indy was without their best player all year long, and Brogs out a lot as well.

I'm guessing GS won't improve, Zion and company won't compete, Nets won't get better with KD.

But right now tied for 6th and add in GS that could have them fighting for 8th with Pel's, SA, Portland, even Grizz, Ja keeps looking good. Doncic isn't the only one who will improve.

Hey at the end of the day you can and any one else can say and hope we have no shot, but at the end of the day stranger things have happened. You think the nets when they traded with the GS with a top 10 protected ever thought they weren't getting that pick? Yea stranger things have happened and will happen.

Now it could even get worse for the same reasons, but where is any hope in thinking that, or is everything just the pessimistic, glass is half full mentality?

I'm not sure I could even be in here if I thought like that 100% like a couple do? I'd rather suffer after next year lol.....

they absolutely should be better. KP is finding his groove, Donci will be a 3rd year pro.

They've struggled a bit lately with the injuries but still have the 11th best record in the league and they were around 6th and 7th most of the year. But I was called crazy for saying DAL would win 45-50 this year but 50+ in '21.

If you guys think teams are going to think the '21 DAL pick is going to be a good pick IDK what to tell you.
    Fans think this way, but teams dont think this way though.

They don't predict where teams will finish. They just look at the picks, not where they might fall.

Want an extreme example of this? The Knicks traded for the Clippers pick and included a swap feature just in case disaster befalls the Clippers. Will it happen? Probably not but the Knicks did it anyway. I really dont think other teams will over analyze those Dallas picks. They will look at protections and that's it.