Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 420 of 665 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 9970
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Ugghh...I dunno. I hate these comparison games.

Jason Williams was FILTH. I hadn't seen passes like that since Magic Johnson in his prime. I haven't seen Lamelo Ball deliver a sick pass even 1/100th as sick as Jason Williams.

Lamelo and Penny Hardaway comparisons feel a little bit more comfortable.

Knicks need a little draft magic. Come on, the Knicks are DUE.

How many players can you just make passing highlights for that last 5+ minutes?

I want LaMelo on this team so bad.

Let's win that damn lottery and be lucky for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    LaMelo and FVV would be a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    LaMelo and FVV would be a dream.
    Same - LaMelo, FVV, RJ, Mitch, Bullock (yes I think that he will be good moving forward), 2021 pick, and either Knox or Frank (I doubt both pan out or will be here) has the potential to be a very good supporting cast and just a decent team with some upside before the Knicks add that star into the mix.
    Last edited by smood999; 08-06-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    How anyone could question his playmaking/passing ability is beyond me.

I would be shocked if Bullock, Piston's dirty sanchez, even remains on the team.

I think the Knicks are going to draft LaMelo Ball one way or another. I think they're going to draft a combo guard to play alongside LaMelo Ball.

One way or another, the Knicks are getting their future back court out of this draft.

You got Mitch at Center, RJ at SF...and you got a lean, young bench with Frank, Knox. Anything more would be a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Let's win that damn lottery and be lucky for once.
    don't wanna jinx it but I feel like we end up with a top 4 pick

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Yeah but it's in the Australian leagues. Jason Williams was doing it against NBA Pros! We'll see.

I'm just hoping the Knicks get him.

Michael Porter Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    You need to go back and watch or read more about these players if youíre going to even try comparing their playmaking abilities to Ball. There are probably only a handful of guys in the NBA that you can even compare his playmaking ability to.

What is the realistic outcome for a PG at 27?
    In this draft a lot! Rondo, Kyle Lowry, Brogdon, etc... And if we also draft Deni with the first pick we don't need a pass first point guard, PGs like Tre Jones and Terry are scorers who can play off of good passers like RJ and Deni.

If you look around the NBA, your most successful teams have wings who are good passers and Point guards who are good scorers... Most of your recent championship teams are made up that way... GS, Raptors, Spurs, Cavs, Miami, etc...

LaMelo's playmaking ability reminds me of the Ricky Rubio hype entering the draft...lol. Teams passed up Steph's scoring because Rubio would make everyone around him better... How is that working out?
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 08-07-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Does anybody here think that the NBL or College basketball is more competitive than FIBA? If so there is no need to even debate me because you absolutely don't know what you are talking about...lol

Deni is a winner and that's what the Knicks need... You reading this Leon Rose? Pay close attention to his break away speed with the ball.

https://youtu.be/SlM6WlHljUw

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    In this draft a lot! Rondo, Kyle Lowry, Brogdon, etc... And if we also draft Deni with the first pick we don't need a pass first point guard, PGs like Tre Jones and Terry are scorers who can play off of good passers like RJ and Deni.

If you look around the NBA, your most successful teams have wings who are good passers and Point guards who are good scorers... Most of your recent championship teams are made up that way... GS, Raptors, Spurs, Cavs, Miami, etc...

LaMelo's playmaking ability reminds me of the Ricky Rubio hype entering the draft...lol. Teams passed up Steph's scoring because Rubio would make everyone around him better... How is that working out?
    Itís easy to say that, when the ďpassing wingsĒ are LeBron and Kawhi. Thatís like saying ďIn the 90s, you needed a good SGĒ. No, you needed Jordan.

GS is a unique situation, as they have pretty much had an all star team, with the best shooter of all time. And Lowry and Brogdon donít have the skills Ball does. Obviously we donít know what Ball ends up being yet, but they just donít have the ability to make the plays he does.

Elite players win, thatís about it. If you didnít have an elite playmaking forward out there (or C, in Denverís case) you 100% need a good passing guard to make it all go. In fact, there really hasnít been a championship won where a scoring PG was the ball-dominant guy in a long time. I still donít count Curry, as they have pretty much equally shared those duties between him, Dray, and KD

Deni and RJ, I just donít see being those kind of guys. Nice secondary, will get their share of assists. Even a guy like Kawhi, took him what, 9 years to get to that point?

I like Deni, have from the start. But if Ball is there, we are foolish to pass.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-07-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Does anybody here think that the NBL or College basketball is more competitive than FIBA? If so there is no need to even debate me because you absolutely don't know what you are talking about...lol

Deni is a winner and that's what the Knicks need... You reading this Leon Rose? Pay close attention to his break away speed with the ball.

https://youtu.be/SlM6WlHljUw
    Definitely want Deni on the Knicks.